What did you buy today? (Part 2)

Picked up the Bowers and Wilkins PX8 for $599 on Ebay… It was listed as a brand new set, but unfortunately the set seems to have some glitch or defect when active noise cancelling or transparency mode is on… Hearing some wierd underlying glitchy noises even when no music is playing… contacting B&W support to get this fixed…

That said, the issue with my set aside, I am playing it with noise cancelling turned off and first impressions: this headphone looks, feels, and sounds pretty impressive, more lush and engaging than the airpods max, bass is thumpy but not bloated, well extended and detailed and vocals are full. Really well tuned, not too hot in the highs. There is good range, it is a fun sound, resolution and soundstage do not compete with my wired cans at this price point, but I think it is certainly the best noise cancelling bluetooth set I have heard so far… The build, materials feels solid and premium, comfortable and relatively compact and lightweight - its smaller than I thought it would be but imho a nice surprise as its compact and low key enough to be held as a mobile option. Every moving part, the slide and rotation of the yokes is tight and premium feeling - no plastic or loose cheap parts like on a bose qc45 or sony etc… It just looks sharp and has a nice sound… It has a really nice app with EQ.

6 Likes

Heard the hype about these, therefore I got it today. Also a good IEM to get since I sold my Starfields and OG Arias last month. I will hear how these things go but so far in terms of first impressions? I am feeling a bang for your buck potential here.

8 Likes

I’m gonna have Yume II and Shimin Li Encounter coming in this week.

Lets see what SeeAudio can do, and if I should give Bravery a try some day…

2 Likes

Finally came in surprised that linsoul actually shipped them reasonably fast after pulling the “preorder” BS

3 Likes

Another one to jump into the hype train. Following up with @hawaiibadboy and @Dwood that kindly answered my questions. Should give some impressions after a few days trying them. Also some Sedona Xelastec to try out.

7 Likes

Were you going to try the Azla tips on the EA500? Might not be the best fit, but definitely interested in hearing your impressions! Enjoy!

Not necessarily, I still have a Timeless (injured but running) and a Tin T2 OG (mmcx almost gone). I usually go with Dekoni foams so I was curious about the Azla, let’s see how it goes. I will probably try first with the Timeless TBH.

1 Like

Ok being mentioned in the same sentence with HBB is wild, lol
Trust that he is a much better resource than me, I am an amateur with poor hearing, lol I do hope you enjoy them as much as I am though.

1 Like

I too tried the Azlas with my pair of timeless way back, and I found that they didn’t work for me personally. But I’m hoping they work for you, no doubt.

1 Like

Today in the mail:
Sennheiser HD560S
Liquid Spark amp
OLDAC
Argon MK3 from Saudi Arabia (haven’t opened the box yet, but ready to give this guy major props, packing has been very liberal and done well as far as I can see from outside, DHL Express was stupid fast as soon as it got outside SA)

Coming soon;
IFI zen blue DAC

The fact that I can’t use headphones that need desktop amps while I’m doing the dishes or the table and floor is already a red flag for my use case (can be a good chunk of the evening) just fascinated really, regardless how likely keeping them pans out.

5 Likes

It has been a busy week at my place. The Galileo is a good neutral set, it reminds me of an upgrade for the Kiwi Ears Cadenza. The top left is the Simgot EA500, and I can’t say enough good things about it. The lower left is the Tin P1 Max, which I just got today, but am really impressed so far.

12 Likes

Dude, you must be in vocal heaven right now :joy: amazing. Enjoy, big guy :handshake:

2 Likes

Oh so much better than my Darkvoice.

19 Likes

Well done, Sir. Very well done.

Applause Gif - GIFcen

1 Like

Thanks!!! It plays so well with the Atrium!

1 Like

I bet it does. Such a lovely build. Nice thing is, it’s already got great tubes in it, so you don’t have to worry about that for a bit. Awesome, dude!

Yeah it does but ya know that doesn’t ever stop a guy from tube rolling. I wish I had a matched set from my Darkvoice since those really made that come alive.

3 Likes

New toy #1 :wave:t5:

6 Likes

First farting waifu. Bold!

7 Likes

Aye they missed the Fume II innuendo too :+1:

2 Likes