What did you buy today? (Part 2)

Roommates nephew tried pulling the poll and throwing it on the ground. Had to keep myself from kicking his ass before shoving it in him. They got pissy with me because the nephew doesn’t care about anything and blah blah blah. Kid’s 17. He needs to learn to care about the consequences of his actions.

3 Likes

Fiios newest fingerprint magnet the K7. Had to bring in a ringer while the Asgard is being repaired. So far I’m very impressed with Fiios THX implementation, it’s not dry!

5 Likes

Picked up the audeze maxwell, planning on using it as a mobile set for work and music, alternative I can switch over to from my usual porta pro headset which I have wired to a Schiit Hel… so far I am liking it, listening to it bluetooth right now, its pretty resolving and detailed, audeze planar sound - clearly a closed back but decent soundstage so imho does not compare to a hifiman sundara or he560 which are more open and spacious, and this is bluetooth but pretty great for a wireless headset. While its a bit heavy, its not as bad as I thought it might be… I am liking this new style headband, it clamps close to the head which makes it feel more secure than my LCDX so weight doesnt bother me so much…

Out of the box I found it leaning a bit bright but the app has a pretty nice EQ with 10 separate sliders that lets you adjust quite alot and set presets… The boom mic is pretty good, but its picking up a bit of static when I speak for some reason… I think the mic on the porta pro headset is still superior. I like that this set has a mute control on the side of the headset which is really convenient if I need to step away from my computer and continue to listen but want to toggle mute ON or OFF… For me, I think this will get a ton of use for the mobile flexibility and as a headset and music both mainly while working.

5 Likes

Completed this stack for a daily driver and couldn’t be happier. I was using the SP200 with the DAC, but the noise floor wasn’t quiet enough for sensitive IEM’s. The SH-8s is so quiet, it’s really noticeable when you switch directly from the SP200. SMSL has a big low gain and still haven’t tried anything that needs it. The Hifiman Audivina is happy in low. Everything sounds better with a silent noise floor, especially the Truthear Zero blue and other IEM’s. The DT880 600ohm is no problem, so it covers most stuff. I’ve had the HE6se on different amplifiers, and they’re the only ones you need more for, even the Sabaj A20h powered those fine for $119 on the balanced side. Same power on both connectors so I can stop buying balanced cables :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Not really a watch bro anorl but got a new ‘Beads of Rice’ bracelet for my old Seiko…

14 Likes

Looks sharp. I wish there was a cheap antikythera mechanism watch rather than one for just the uber rich. Id wear the shit out of that like a nerd brand or something lol.

1 Like

New cd player (well new to me)
Used Chord One.

2 Likes

JM audio cable

11 Likes

Well my new Eversolo DMP A6 streamer/file server arrived this afternoon… It looks really well made and the 6" touch screen is a pleasure to use . So is the OS user interface in general with tons of flexibility…
No wonder all the audio reviewers were going ga-ga over this thing…I didn’t get the more expensive Master Edition with its upgraded clocks and audio op amps… No need , as I’m going to run the USB digital out directly into my Primaluna Evo 100 Tube Dac and bypass the Eversolo’s internal Dacs and analog output section.
This player comes with the Amazon Music installed and so far it’s way better than running Amazon HD through a laptop to my Dac…
I’ve been waiting for this !
Hoping to find a machine that will make the Amazon music experience better…Of course it does Tidal (MQA) Qobuz, Spotify, Apple music, HiRezMusic, etc. but I’m not interested in those apps.
I installed an internal 2TB M.2 SSD drive inside the unit and got it ready for installation off all my FLAC and DSD files…It will accommodate a 4TB M.2 SSD. It’s a 2 minute job to install the M.2SSD
I’m going to dump all my files in it tomorrow… I still have to learn all I can about its functions but it should make streaming a dream…

4 Likes

Seems that i “semi-accidentally” bought a new daily driver…
sometimes i just… scare even myself.
What are you doing man?! You are f-ked…AGAIN!! Says the good and smart side. :innocent:
or are you? You wanted little more you know. Says the evil side. :japanese_ogre:
So i traded my little daily Fiesta after 3 years in to this catastrophe.

oo-oo my car friends will have a fun and bash me for few weeks. Well they did that also with the Fiesta since in my “normal state of mind” and love for other types of cars aint even near a Fiesta.
Well we did have plenty of fun with the 80 hp… slowest car i ever had.
So now i have open/close sun roof, 2.5 x power and bit more room. Better seats.

Seller should send new pair of rims to replace the winder wheels… they are garbage!
And i probably will change these summer rims/tires also… they have some curb-marks… and my rims usually are in mint condition.

Lucky that i have friend who owns a tire shop so after some LoLs and rude comments… he hopefully will short things out with the wheel/tire department. :rofl:
Big reveal today! Let the bashing begin.

7 Likes

I think it looks great. Congratulations. :+1:t2:

1 Like

The a3 is a great car, especially that Gen. you’re going to enjoy it :+1:

1 Like

Well, it’s about time! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::laughing:

3 Likes

Nice Whip!
You should be able to have some fun with that!

Welcome to the 4 rings club - the Auto Union!
audi

1 Like

Thank you.

I truly am, it has been great.

Thank you. It has been a nice 24h.

As i imagined. Yesterday me and my friend already found and dry-fitted very light Gray colored racing type wheels. My friend could not resist “hmmm i actually have have these back here. You want to try them?”
OOooh hell yea! :heart_eyes: So just need pair of good tires, agreed on size and he will handle the details. Did not even have ask the Brand, he knows what i like and run usually.
True friend. :heart:

2 Likes

I bought the Simgot EW200, which literally just arrived and I immediately crammed into my ears. 1st impressions are very positive. Also have the Tripowin Piccolo incoming. The low end IEM scene is currently amazing.

1 Like

I am very excited.

21 Likes

You high roller you! :+1:

1 Like

I know, right?!? :laughing: I have been saving for quite a while, and they are on a pretty good sale right now. I felt like now would be a good time to make the move.

I am very excited.

3 Likes

You’re the second cat I know that bought one recently, Congratz.
It’s an incredible piece with great balance of stage, precision, and timbre.

1 Like