What did you buy today? (Part 2)

I am glad to hear that…I thought about buying it just because of the look and it wasn’t expensive at all…I got busy with work and forgot about it and when I went back to look it was sold…Glad it went to someone here who will appreciate it.

1 Like

If Dualit made amps lol

1 Like

It showed up while I was at work as well. I shot him a message as soon as I saw it though. I honestly didn’t expect to get it.

1 Like

CCA CRA
got it on sale for 7$, why not lol

3 Likes

Go the stack setup this week. I had them separately but together they sound even better. Switching back to my usual SS amp I noticed it sounded a little lifeless/dry/sterile. Had so many transparent amps, starting to appreciate a little personality added to the mix. It’s not an earth shattering difference with stock tubes, but you notice switching back to a THX amplifier right away. They actually color match, I think the HDR mode on the Google Pixel is weird on some photos, think I’ll disable that feature. No remote control, no MQA, no Bluetooth, simple life for me…

13 Likes

New Dac/Amp that is right around $100. My biggest problem with audio equipment is I’m easily bored. Not expecting to be blown away. It’s been years since I’ve had a tube amp, and saw this a couple of weeks ago on Amazon. It’s got ok reviews, ok enough to let me give it a chance.

6 Likes

Just picked up a pair of HarmonicDyne Zeus Elite, my wallet disapproves of your videos @ZeosPantera :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

Nice, sleek looking pairing! Enjoy.

Curious to hear your thoughts and maybe some comparisons to your other stuff. What was the selling price?

1 Like

Screenshot 2023-07-20 054644
Screenshot 2023-07-20 054732

As if I need more cables…

I know the cable camp is split into two distinct parties but whatever, I’ll say this; The yellow modular cable on the Monarch MKII is fairly incredible. It’s graphene-based, with copper and gold plated. Right away, I hear a reduction in the upper-mids and a small boost in the lower mids. Which, in my opinion, balances out the Monarchs perfectly.

For anyone interested;

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804137379714.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.4.360a1802z8B6Gn&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805152402639.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.10.360a1802z8B6Gn&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa

5 Likes

Took a while, but I finally got my hands on a new Tears of the Kingdom Collector’s Edition.

6 Likes

I found a used Benchmark HPA4 last week for a great price that arrived today. Now to see if clean sounds sterile to me.
Last amp was a RNHP and Oppo HA-1.

5 Likes

Great job. Congrats. :clap:t2: I have read great things and am Anxious to get your impressions.

I could not resist picking up this pagani design daytona homage when it dipped down to like 40 bucks. Some leather watch straps from aliexpress also arrived not long after and initial impression of them are that the black leather one is super supple and thin while the bund is hilariously thicker than the original metal bracelet. Overall really satisfied with how it looks especially for the price

7 Likes

I like the Kailua so much that I bought a second pair.

5 Likes

Another set of Kailuas, with a Kinera Ace since I needed another modular cable and had some Amazon credit.

3 Likes

Sivga Luan arrived yesterday.

These must be the most comfortable headphones I have ever tried. While a little heavier than the Sony MV1 the pads have more room for the ears, bigger contact surface area with the head and softer pad material. The suspension headband spreads the weight better too.

Build feels more premium and the package / Accessoires are miles ahead.

Soundwise they are a little more neutral. Little less bass and treble but more upper mids.

For the European folks. Wifimedia has them for 300 Euro, even cheaper than Hifigo.

4 Likes

Just recently bought a one month license for Sidify (14,95€) and am ripping my whole Playlist from Tidal 4310 Songs
Download time 40hrs+ but that´s well worth it
Really happy with the software, i tried another one before which was a pain in the ass to use and had a 1000songs download limit.
This one works flawlessly without limit.
Highest quality is 320kbit/s which is enough for me

4 Likes

SJY Starry Night V2

11 Likes

Well look what FedEx was holding for me.

9 Likes