What did you buy today? (Part 2)

My second Geshelli Labs JNOG J2 AKM DAC , this one I am getting sent some Burson V6 vivid op amps and my other one going to try some Sparkos.

Both boards need to be sent back to Geshelli one to be swapped for a OP-Amps switchable version and the other going to get a USB input card.

This company is wonderful, make fantastic gear well priced , and the customer service is the best I have seen.

Refreshing not dealing with a CHIFI company once and a while.

8 Likes

LP DAC arrived today not sure if I’ll pair it with the LP tube amp or something else

11 Likes

Let’s see what this one can do

6 Likes

New ear tips, why? because I have the Simgot EM6L and I wanted to give it a try in my ears. Seems good so far and man it’s a bit weird when it comes to the feel.

8 Likes

I have become a fan of those Dunu S&S tips. I put them on the Kailua, and it was a new experience.

4 Likes

Choker?
(10 chars)

Oops chonker lol

2 Likes

I had a bit of a mail call today. Focal Clear OG, Apos Ray 12AU7 for my WA7 Fireflies Gen 3, and a backup RCA Jan 6SN7 for my DarkVoice.

14 Likes

I wanted a cable that at least is going to fit my EM6Ls, then I stumbled upon this. I know I know I am very late to the party when it comes to these as one of the best budget IEMs in the market, but I got curious ok? Therefore I’ve decided to get these as a beater set.

Man for the price, this is actually pretty good, and the cable’s not too shabby either. Yeah not that impressive to some of you due to the aftermarket cables sure, but this is good value for it comes along with an IEM as well.

5 Likes

Have a pair of 7HZ Sonus coming in today. Looking forward to hearing a pair from 7HZ I haven’t read much about.

3 Likes

I have been really pleased with the TWL Passion USB cable so I ordered a set of the Spirit II XLRs from Triode Wire Labs.

7 Likes

I’m curious… Are these a new implementation or a replacement for something else?

1 Like

I am going to be swapping these in replacing an existing set of Pangea Premier SE that are currently between the Spring 3 KTE and Ferrum OOR.

Probably keep the Pangea set as a spare - They are a really decent cable for the money

1 Like

AH, OK. Exciting! I am anxious to hear how these new interconnects perform for you.

1 Like

It is no secret I was an early adopter of the Ferrum OOR/Hypsos as a headphone amp and that I really like it a lot. However, Holo Audio released the Bliss headphone amplifier a while back and I’ve been a bit curious so…

Not only is the Bliss KTE reported as able to drive the Susvara capably, it synergizes sonically with my DAC and matches aesthetically too, so I have to give it a try, right?

probably should consider an audio rack soon…

10 Likes

My first Shanling DAP love the spund on this thing.

13 Likes

Does the Bliss sound a lot better than the Oor?

1 Like

I like what I’m hearing it’s really not much different than the Ferrum -its giving me the same vibe pretty much so far. It (Bliss) does have, and not to sound cliche’, a more holographic presentation and placement. One fault I’d give to the Ferrum is that the stage is pretty flat, wide and with decent height but not that deep.

It is still really early on and tbh I’m just listening following my normal routine and have been trying not to actively compare the two yet - kinda just making note of what stands out on its own for now. After a week or so I’ll start hitting my test albums and tracks.

I should add too, that I have only listened with the Susvara so far. I’ll need to try some of the other HPs I have to get a broader perspective.

2 Likes

Decided to replace my drop pandas for the office use. These were at a decent price in a local retailer. Early for first impressions but, so far, AKG still hasn’t let me down.

6 Likes

Quick update on the Sonus. Feeling kind of meh about them. They have several good points. I find them to be quite comfy, I love the design visually (got the red version), and they have a very nice bass to them. The treble throws me off though. It’s not very clear, or maybe clean is the word I want. It reminds me of older KZ units I had, kind of overly metallic. Not rich at all, just kind of a flat hiss instead of the “ringing” that hitting a cymbal should give you. Tried different tips and none really change that issue.

1 Like