What did you buy today? (Part 2)

Picking up a schiit kara. Got to many amps and would like to try an active preamp for them lol

2 Likes

For nature walks :wink:

4 Likes

I felt the same was as I rolled through amps with them. The magic combo for me was the iFi Pro iCAN. With bass boost and 3D sound effects activated, the HE6se V2’s became a Very special headphone, to me. I often decribe them as Focal Clear on steroids.

Of course we are all looking for different sounds. :grin:

Here’s my conundrum, the Tungsten is so good that I don’t think I need any hifiman in my life and seriously considering selling my HE1K and I think the HE1K is a way better headphone than the he6 lol… audiophile issues

3 Likes

I am gonna be trying them on my more powerful amps today: Ferrum Oor/Hypsos, GS-X Mini, Schiit Lyr perhaps, and possibly even a couple of my Parasound speaker amps. For DACs, I’ll start by trying them with the Holo Audio May KTE, the Schiit Yggy+, and the Gustard R26. We’ll see how those pairings work and go from there.

1 Like

Oh you’ll definitely have some fun then.

2 Likes

Limited Edition Maxwell’s finally showed up…

3 Likes

mine should be out for deliver tomorrow

1 Like

Nice, really impressed with the quality so far

1 Like

Picked up some QDC Tigers in a trade.

8 Likes

I bought some stuff and there, new cable for my Simgot EM6L, replacement ear pads for my Coolermaster MH751 (I also cleaned it as well for it has been a while I have used it, and to my surprise it still sounds good making me miss those days of wearing headphones.) and a new thermal paste if I ever going to get to that point of upgrading my CPU to a 5800X3D.

7 Likes

Signature required - Fedex just dumps it in the building mail room lmao

15 Likes

I just ordered a Musician Aquarius R2R DAC at the behest of a friend. It has a 30 day no questions asked return policy so I figured I would test his claim that it’ll blow my Schiit Yggy and Holo May KTE out of the water. Gotta love experimenting… :wink::sunglasses:

7 Likes

Sweet! I am anxious to hear how this battle royale turns out! Seems to me that either way, it’s a win. Have fun with the testing. :+1:t2:

2 Likes

I’m really looking forward to it. The friend who recd it so hard has very similar tastes to mine and some of the best ears around when it comes to hear evaluation so I couldn’t go without hearing it and there was no where to demo, so I used part of a bonus I got to splurge on it.

2 Likes

This will be a fun comparison. I do find once you start getting into that level of DAC that it’s not some much which is better but what kind of flavor you want to add to your chain.

ordered wicked cushions headband and earpads for the Audeze Maxwell.
headband adjustment for stock headband was bad for me either my ears were touching the top or bottom of the pads, according to reviews the WC one is a bit different sized so might help current stopgap is a headband cushion.
earpads also get pretty uncomfortable pretty quickly for me so hoping the WC’s are better for that and don’t alter the sound in a bad way.
also Beyer WC’s to try out with my 177x

3 Likes

Schiit kara in the house!!! It’s way bigger than I thought it would be.
If anyone needs a passive pre I’ll be parting with a gold point 1 balanced in and 2 balanced out 47 stepped attenuator.

7 Likes

I have been thinking a lot about what’s next. This speaker setup has been nagging at me for a while now. It’s very good, but I know there is more there. And once an idea gets into my brain, it burns there until I do something! :laughing:

After much thought, it was time to make a move, so I pulled the trigger on the Sonus Faber Lumina II. And I broke with tradition and got the Walnut finish instead of black.

I happen to think they look pretty sweet. They should be here Wednesday. I am very stoked! I believe that this is the speaker for this setup.

9 Likes

I traded for a pair of Dita Perpetua which are a single DD IEM that retails for $2200, but I got them for a Burson Timekeeper 3i I’m not using and the guy threw in a Hiby RS6 R2R DAP with the IEMs. I pick them up tomorrow, but I listened to them today for 45 minutes and they’re really something special. Can’t wait to experiment with tips and sources at home. I also ordered a Rockna Wavedream but that was totally @M0N 's fault so I can’t be held accountable… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes