What did you buy today? (Part 2)

Not really your custom mechanical keyboard that is overly expensive but for me overall, it gets the job done and it is a massive steal for the price for it has a lot of features that you might find really impressive and that includes mechanical keyboard enthusiasts. One of the best I have ever spent with 40 dollars and the reason I purchased this is because I need my numpad for sure the TKL is cool and saves more space but it just doesn’t feel the same without the numpad.

Pre-lubed switches, good quality dampeners, Wraith switches from Tecware that are hot-swappable (I think only MX type switches are compatible to this but not all types of switches but still a great feature to have.) and a detachable USB-C cable, so yeah imo this is a great buy for me.

9 Likes

Took off work a little early to get my room set up and to be there for delivery and just my luck, only one speaker got delivered. The other one is tomorrow. UGH

8 Likes

Nice, I have the smaller no number pad version. Have had it for a couple years now and still very happy with it.

1 Like

It’s one of the best budget mechanical keyboards tbh, also very moddable as well. My TKL version is still here and it is the Elite version but not the latest one. The keycaps do need some replacement though for there are some I just fixed by using a superglue on some the keycaps’ stem, not to worry though the keycaps are not permanently stuck on the switches.

Might do the same with the Phantom +, just replace the key caps with PBT Double shots, along with adding a shroud.

Ordered a new cable for my Arya Stealth and my other Planar headphones to complement the Mjolnir 3 (once it arrives). I currently use Audiophile Ninja cables, but I wanted to try something a little different. I will see which cable pairs best with the Mjolnir 3.

5 Likes

The Corpse Grave Digger serries are nice cables - be sure to give it time some time to run in before making a final decision. I bought one about 3 yrs ago, it was supposed to only be temporary fill in while I was having another made at a fancy boutique shop - I’m still using that Grave Digger on that headphone…

I hope that you enjoy it.

3 Likes

Will do, thanks for the info.

My other Kali came into today, kinda sad to see the JBL’s go but I’m ready for the next step in here, more to come…

6 Likes

I ordered Ronin’s extra bass speaker today, will receive in 2 to 3 days :sunglasses:

2 Likes

6 Likes

Not technically bought today, but still receiving parts of the order.
Repaired and made balanced a pair of AKG K451.
Ordered new pads, cables , go blu and a set of grado pads to put on a koss KPH30i as well as some 90 degree adaptors because foresight is hard and the connectors ended up pointing backwards :stuck_out_tongue:

I am surprised at just how much bass the K451 have, positively slapping.

8 Likes

if you have issues with the earpads like me the the wicked cushions are a big step up comfort wise

They decided to press one of my favorite albums to vinyl for the first time in October, so I had to bite. Never purchased vinyl or vinyl accessories before, since I didn’t want to collect for another format (already have CD, cassettes, minidisc, and VHS). Will attempt to keep the bare-minimum number of records.

ft. the cassette version I grabbed a while back

5 Likes

His and hers movie night, pray for me…

5 Likes

:rofl:

(10 characters)

2 Likes

I ordered the Defeans.

Shanling M8 ad some blingy IVIPQ cables

5 Likes

Caught a great deal on an Asgard 3 which will go great next to my Lyr and each will have their very own Modi Multibit 2 as the DAC unless I find a better pairing for the Asgard or put something else on a switch system for variety. Should be here on Wednesday and I’m pretty stoked. :metal::sunglasses:

7 Likes

Got a carry case for the IFI Go Blu today and wow…pretty disappointing.

The front and inside are linked by some kind wax or glue that not only does not look great, it’s already loosing:

The stitching is loose in several places. To be fair though, it does seem to be actually stitched all the way through, joining both sides. The Logo is extremely weak, you can barely see it

And then there are these weird divots. On some screenshots you can see it, on others not.
I don’t think it’s intentional given that there is no disk or anything underneath that might help with hitting the buttons under them

The belt clip is also pretty weak, usable but I’ve had way stronger tension. It has a hook though so it should be fine.

3 Likes

This looks like a cheap replica to be honest.
I got one aswell and the quality is nothing like that in these pictures.
Will add pictures later don’t have it with me right now