What did you buy today? (Part 2)

I really like this, compact form, sounds good, vol knob, internal battery (so doesn’t suck the life out my V20), asio driver recognised by Qobuz and let’s me adjustment L/R channel levels (right ear isn’t 100%), great value :+1:

7 Likes

That does look interesting. If I hadn’t just bought a tube amp, I would be considering it.
At 650mW it is twice the power of the BTR7 and the new BTR15.

1 Like

moondrop chu2 and external drive enclosure to slap a couple HDD’s in

1 Like

The power is nice to have, but I’m only driving IEMs so not really needed (although I think it helps to make the HBB Heyday planars open up a bit more - that’s probably placebo effect though).

1 Like

I got the xDuoo MT-602 today, and it sounds great. It seems like it makes the sound stage a bit wider, which is always welcome for me. The power is nice but overkill for most of my gear. That said, I really enjoyed the gear I have tried with them, and I look forward to revisiting my headphones and IEMs with it.

7 Likes

Oh just wait till you get a 604 and roll some more resolving tubes :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Geez why didn’t I get the lcd3s years ago…that wood. Very much on the level of empy 1 but a little more sparkle up top…also if anyone needs a hifiman HE1K stealth I’m probably not going to be using them much anymore.

7 Likes

It was cable day today! NiceHCK SnowCat and FirstTouch came in:

SnowCat is especially nice. Feels like it beefs up the bass on EA1000 in a good way for me. But it comes back to they feel nice and look real purty!!! Me likey! :grin:

10 Likes

Arrived on my birthday! Didn’t plan for that.

19 Likes

Hippy Birthday brah enjoy :+1:

4 Likes

THIEAUDIO Oracle

Sorry if I stole you pic I will take mine tomorrow

5 Likes

Sim music arrived yesterday, some last week but I didn’t post.

Found a nice place to look for vinyl, ended up scoring theses beauties. Really liked the Coolio special edition, has a nice red vinyl.

First order of a vinyl club I entered some time ago, can’t wait to hear at a special moment.

2 Likes

I finally have a set!

8 Likes

I have a pair of balanced DT880s…

but 99€?! How could I not?
Getting a replacement driver alone is like 60€ + shipping, so worst case this is cheaper than getting replacement parts XD

11 Likes

a buddy lent me the coin so I could buy an eBike…and I ordered a VoltBike Kodiak.

4 Likes

Second pair of DT880 600ohm arrived today.
Along with a 4.4 mm pentaconn to RCA cable to feed the ZEN CAN into the my A/V receiver to feed a subwoofer (increasingly coming to the conclusion that it works very well)

This pair was on sale for 99€ during cyber week at Beyerdynamic, couldn’t resist. (still going on I believe)
So they will serve as a gift, spare part reserve (literally cheaper than buying the parts individually.)
or as a point of comparison, whichever comes first I suppose.

Though now I am highly tempted to get some DSP miniEARS and just run the comparisons myself between different amps, mods, balanced/unbalanced etc. along with sound demos so people can make up their own mind whether or not a different amp or mod will modify the heapdhones enough to make a meaningful difference.

Also ordered the custom cans modkit while I was at it.
Although I know I would want to kill myself if I actually went through with that :stuck_out_tongue:
At the same time I would really have liked to see that comparison back when I got these and also put my mind at ease that a better amp is not needed.

Or in other words… Is this the point at which I must officially declare I have a problem? :smiley:

2 Likes

a bunch of bike related things. tools, gloves, waterproof overpants and overshoes. still looking for a bike focused rain poncho and researching mips helmets tho.

1 Like

I can finally say farewell and give my eventual failing old ass Seagate Barracuda HDD a rest. Also I know I know, I could have gotten an another m.2 SSD but my P3 has already filled that spot, and I don’t get people, some of them are calling me crap just because I bought a SATA SSD, even though I just wanted to replace my 2015 HDD.

9 Likes

M2 is incredibly overrated for many use cases.

2 Likes