What did you buy today? (Part 2)

So looks like it should be a tube amp, kara and Loki max are really chunky as well.

1 Like

:heart_eyes:

5 Likes

I bought a few coins today

1 Like

Yeah these arrived a few weeks ago, and man I didn’t know this was a huge ass boy despite it being a portable dac/amp, yeah right, portable dac/amp my ass. So far though in terms of first impressions and the fact that this is my first time owning a Muse Hifi brand item, it’s overall been great for me and does exactly what I need from my BT DAC/AMP.

It sucks that it didn’t contained any form of casing like I got from the BTR3K and UP4, and yeah, not even a single OTG cable, but oh well I guess I could just get an aftermarket one, but those are just nitpicks in my end.

8 Likes

Snagged a pair of gently used 2016 LCD-2 aluminum for $300 today! Man I remember dreaming of buying these one day when I was still in college 2012ish only able to afford and get by on a mdr7506, and now that I’m older and have more disposable income, I finally managed to snag one of my dream endgame headphones (was considering getting a new lcd 2c because the dealers in Korea don’t sell lcd2 but found this pair instead) and used the leftover money to order wharfedale evo 4.2s. Definitely a milestone in my audio journey!

12 Likes

Grab a new style headband and extension rods and I think your experience will be even better. I’m happy you found your dream headphone, keep rocking!!!

1 Like

Today my very soggy postman left me an ARTTI R1 & T10. Absolutely a pair of the best budget IEMs I’ve purchased this year. But don’t take my word for it; check them out. :grin:

3 Likes

Picked this up to hold me over until my assortment kit arrives, but I also wanted to see what the fuss was all about and if I could tell a difference. Long story short, my DNA amp needed a new fuse and I was in the market haha.

Also picked this up to see how it would pair with my MR since I’ve heard good things. Took advantage of the headphones.com sale by being a sonic member and with some points I earned I was able to land this for $215 shipped :partying_face:

9 Likes

Cambridge Audio DacMagic 200M

I felt like trying something different than what I’ve been using on my desktop for several years. I have the Jnog which I like, but I’m ready to play with something else now.

I will need to get a piece of tape to cover up that nasty MQA bit on the faceplate. :wink:

8 Likes

I bought a lot of stuff as a way to gift myself, for I am at that point that I am not expecting gifts anymore. I bought a new mouse pad which is the Tecware Haste Cordura, the mouse Tecware Pulse Elite, and of course the SSDs that I actually that I wanted in the first place but this time the legit ones, the 870 EVO and QVO respectively.

As for the RAM, that’s for my grandma’s PC for her rig needs an upgrade when it comes to her RAM, also I am going to give her my other SSD and use that one as her main boot for her Windows 10, for her PC is quite slow.

8 Likes

Couldn’t resist a good deal for and outstanding iem, mest mk3 in da house.

10 Likes

Congratulations nice set.

1 Like

Had mest 2 and sold them cause I couldn’t find tips that work for me. Found tips so it made sense to try these out and wow it’s like having a subwoofer in your head.

1 Like

Topping A70 Pro.

This will go with my Singxer SA1 & my Xduo TA26 so that I have a mix of 3 very different headphone amps though I listen to music on speakers far more frequently than on headphones.

4 Likes

Verite C. LTD Koa. This will be my last headphone purchase and I think a nice finale to my collection (downsized to 2 closed backs and 2 open backs)…as I got married last year and now have to save up for kids. I auditioned them at the zmf dealer in my country alongside the atticus.

These are probably my favorite closed backs I have heard (I was looking for a LCD 2 but in closed back form), but the treble was a bit sibilant with stock pads and no eq. Amazing technical capabilities as well as the best soundstage in closed backs I have heard. I swapped to the eikon pads and applied a tiny bit of reduction in the treble and these sound amazing.

10 Likes

I appreciate the feedback regarding the Lotoo PAW Gold Touch as well as the great info found when searching past posts. I decided to gift myself the unit and took advantage of the great holiday sale price at MusicTech. The unit arrived a few days after I placed the order and was packaged very well arriving in perfect condition.

The unit is heavy and clearly very well built; it looks and feels exquisite. I have a high quality SD card arriving Monday and plan to update the unit if needed and get my music files onto the unit. Then playtime!

I’ve been lurking here for a long time and rarely post but wanted you all to know that I greatly appreciate the awesome folks here. Thank you all for your contributions to the community and helping me enjoy (my) music to it’s fullest.

5 Likes

It took me many hours to build some stuff on this case, to the point I have forgotten to eat lunch earlier today, overall though it’s worth it and I am loving this case. Despite the praise I have for the 216, it’s surprisingly damn heavier than my old one, also it kinda sucks when it doesn’t have an included front dust filter and a fan hub, but I cannot complain for long since I got this with a discount as well.

5 Likes

Bought a new headphone, the FiiO FT5.

11 Likes

As you guys may know I have been getting into Tea lately. So this showed up today:

I felt like this was the way to go. There is a bit of history and tradition with these pots. I am anxious to make one now!

6 Likes

Recently bought Dekoni headband for Sennheiser HD650. IMO significantly more comfortable than the stock one - at least for my huge head.

2 Likes