What did you buy today? (Part 2)

I was actually considering some variation and curiosity to test and buy Adam Audio speakers but all the “cheap” series are not magnetically shielded.
Plus was not enjoin these mentions

• Never touch the tweeter diaphragm or allow large particles (especially metal ones) near the tweeter.
  • The driver magnets emit a magnetic field. Keep magnetically sensitive items, such as
    hard drives and magnetic storage media, away from the loudspeaker.

There are possible scenarios knowing myself something bad might happen…

So that’s that.

Was trying to be little more sensible than usually this time so Genelec 8040B was ordered.
Since my main monitors are also AB amplified (expect bass) it seemed like a direction to move.
These are AB amplified also so should be right in my Eargasm zone.
Might have to tone down the bass a bit with back switches and RME but imagine its piece of cake with mics and some testing + measuring since no GLM on these.

3 Likes

Nothing much, just a new fan hub for my case since the non-RGB version of the 216 didn’t came with a fan hub for apparently it only applies to the ARGB versions. Also some new replacement parts for my DT880 Pro, for the stock pads and earpads were worn out now, also no these aren’t the official replacement parts from Beyerdynamic for imo, they are too expensive. Also these parts are not so bad for the price.

4 Likes

This may sound odd to some of you, especially to those who have been building a lot of PCs, this is actually my first time getting an Arctic P12 Value Pack set for my 216. I must say despite it being a budget case fan, color me impress for the thermals I get from it are much improved than ever, also the fan is quiet which has exceeded my expectations for I wasn’t expecting it to be that case.

Not a fan of the RGB lighting show builds lately, therefore have to settle with this. Also Noctua is too damn expensive for me to even consider, unless money is very damn easy to obtain, especially today.

6 Likes

noctua industrials go on decent sale once in a while but damn they’re loud even at 20% speed

I guess these fans are indeed a value pack, hearing you say that is so assuring.

Figured it was time to compare them to my current Koss favs, the KPH40. :headphones:

6 Likes

Yeah this purchase I have made back then, it’s a fucking stupid move for the SSD was an overall dud and a scam from the seller that told me that they do sell authentic SSDs. Never ever purchase something if the price you’re seeing is too good to be true.

finally bought some new jeans. But while waiting for delivery and worried about how they will fit).

TRENDnet 8 Port 2.5g switch, also redid my most of my apartment’s networking (new cables, cable channels and management and proper labeling :smiley: )

2 Likes

:grinning:

6 Likes

7 Likes

Excuse me?!

SIR.

SIIIIIIR :melting_face:

2 Likes

Been a good week. I had some headphones.com money.

8 Likes

Supposed to be a really nice set. Let us know what you think after you’ve had some time with it.

1 Like

Finally got my replacement board yesterday though I am just gonna be honest about this one. This is my first time owning an Aorus board I am not sure how they will perform to my overall rig, for I will be missing my broken MSI MPG Gaming Plus. Also there are downsides and I didn’t looked into it carefully, such as failing to acknowledge that this one doesn’t have a debug LED, and of course hearing the stories of Gigabyte’s RGB software are just overall trash.

I think I should have settled with the MAG Tomahawk instead but the job is already done, can’t go back now might as well find ways to use this board for the best if I want an overall working rig again.

3 Likes

I am sure after a few firmware updates it will be stable and treat you well. My experience with building is MSI>ASUS>ASROCK>GIGABYTE as for as mainboards go. For value, hard to beat ASROCK imho.

Well, I will rebuild my PC later and I hope my 5800X3D is already compatible with this. It’s revision 1.5 as well so I hope that is the case. If not, might try their Q-Flash just to be sure.

1 Like

Green tea haul spiced up with a 500LM.

7 Likes

Did not know the ‘date’ means something for the HC fans so they are pretty new.
01/2024 and 2 weeks from order so from the factory pretty much.

4 Likes

Atrium

15 Likes