What did you buy today? (Part 2)

A pair of VIVObarefoot Primus Trail III’s…I love this brand, I already have a pair of their Tracker Forest ESC’s boots which I use for both work and anything outdoor tbh, they’re a year old, still waterproof and as comfy as the day I bought them :+1:

Primus Trail III…

10 Likes

Discussing this recommendation with a fellow forum mate got me thinking and I took my own advice to add something different to my current setup. I always wanted to explore the world of tube amps and rolling tubes so…

Looking forward to trying this Schiit Vali 3 with my music collection once it arrives. :notes:

12 Likes

Hydra Esc over here. The Michelin sole on the esc models are legit. Gripped well on steep rock. Good multipurpose shoe. Jury’s still out if my legs can handle them long distance - If I can get 1000km out of them, it’ll have been a good investment. Nice colour way on yours.

2 Likes

Walk not run up to 10 miles a day for work etc and these have lasted coming up two years, I got them half price £110 new and yeah that Michelin sole is :gem:

2 Likes

Mighty little device :star_struck:

Just did a very quick comparison with K7 and it seems to be just as competent!

PEQ and no need for external power supply while being half the price make it a much better deal.
K7 (which still might be better for over ears!? ) is up for sale already.

I really like the formfactor and ease of use without power supply. Now i can just easily drag my Dac/Amp all across my big desk wherever i need it right now.

Curiosity killed the cat so I also ordered BTR15 which is supposed to sound more open/transparent.

I was intrigued of buying Q15 but that’s history now.
Will receive a demo of it though and am still curious how it will perform.

Seems like I became a sourceoholic and can not live without sourceohol
(as Homer would word it :rofl:)

8 Likes

5 Likes

Good luck with that one. Let us know how it sounds!

just ran it off LDAC out of the box a bit, not sure I can have it on my main desk as it’s quite big :sweat_smile:.
seems very good pretty impressed but it’s also the most expensive single unit I’ve owned though so I would hope so :joy:.
coming from mainly using a op amp swapped DX7 Pro to this was a jump in sq but some features I’d like are missing, also my most demanding headphones at least balanced only get to 1/4 volume :sweat_smile:.
maybe time to try selling some other stuff off to fund a hp upgrade.

1 Like

Running IEMs barely past 8:00 is the dream lol. Happy for ya that the early returns are positive

1 Like

Finally able to retire my DVD now… :dvd:

5 Likes

Purchased my first ZMF headphone, and now the wait begins.

14 Likes

Love Atrium, definitely throw them on a tube amp!

1 Like

Waiting on Schiit’s new Tube amp to release, and then I will do so. :wink:
For now I will have them connected to my Mjolnir 3 + Bifrost 2/64 combo.

2 Likes

That should be a good pairing, treble might get a little Forward but not in an unlistenable sense. Which new schitt tube amp is coming?

2 Likes

Valhalla 3 sometime this year

2 Likes

Oh duh I heard it was going to be a “mini” FV.

1 Like

BTR15 arrived today and without A/Bing it is very clear that it is much more neutral/transparent and very technical compared to KA17 which is a bit more musical/warm leaning.

I don´t feel like comparing them at all as I clearly prefer the more technical presentation of BTR15 with my IEMs which are warm and musical already (Legend Evo/Kinda Lava)

In the end it depends on personal preference and especially synergy and also if you need the power of KA17 or not.
Probably you would not want to pair an already very bright and technical IEM with BTR15 but with something warm/musical it is perfect and helps bringing out the technical aspects of it.
I´m pretty impressed how wide and open it is sounding.
Still need to compare it with BTR7 but I think BTR15 is more technical

8 Likes

Post in thread ‘Schiit Happened: The Story of the World’s Most Improbable Start-Up’ Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up | Page 9935 | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org

Looks like there will be a long wait for a Valhalla 3. I guess I might have to look elsewhere.

1 Like

That’s too bad. This kind of inconsistency is why I have the SA-1 in my system today and not a Jotunheim 2. I couldn’t wait any longer. To this day I have difficulty taking them seriously.

Part of the reason I didn’t buy the Mjolnir 3 right away, but I do enjoy their products when they work as intended.

1 Like