What did you buy today? (Part 2)

Out of curiosity, are those JUST the MB42x’s or the MB42x G2’s? Either way, glad that you’re enjoying them!

1 Like

Ah G2 forgot there was already an X

2 Likes

Cool, just wanted to make sure you didn’t miss out on what sounds like a great revision to an already insane $$$-to-performance speaker for like $10!

2 Likes

Sure it’s gone up 1 GBP since I ordered but it’s well worth it imho…

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005790587800.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.10.4f4c1802YdDB6W

2 Likes

it’s been an expensive weekend!

bought some RC buggies for my grandson n I to play with… some RC transmitter gear, a couple kites and a two year membership to the MAAC. then shoes for the wife and a higher end Rolser shopping cart.

probably looking at $1500 in stuff. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Will send you an invoice for that !

3 Likes

I think You are from Germany too, right? Have You been able to order this cable? It says “no delivery to your location” for me. Is there a trick to bypass that? I once bought an earbud by buying a cable that was available and asking the seller to send the earbuds instead but this seller has no item that will ship to Germany.

just tried and also can not order it ;(

Man that sucks, is it all the EU or just a German thing?

The shop has this available

After Sales service

Maybe you can write the seller. You buy 34 “Service Cards” and they send you the cable.

Should be an EU thing, the seller needs a representative person due to some package law.

Since the beginning of the year, many online stores, such as Aliexpress, have stopped deliveries to Austria. The reason for this is a new packaging regulation. This makes delivery to Austria more difficult because a notarized authorized representative is required in the country. However, many online retailers do not do this because Austria is too small a marketplace for them. The regulation, which was passed by the Ministry of Climate Protection, was actually intended to help protect the environment. “Retailers should make their contribution to recycling,” says the ministry in response to a futurezone inquiry.

Ministry of climate :laughing: sounds like something from a Harry Potter book.

Well that cuts both ways no? So I guess Austria doesn’t export or do much business with China at all then?

I am not that detailed in it. All I did is trying to find out why 90% of the offerings on Aliexpress disappeared back then. Even big shops like Fiio do not ship to Germany anymore. Earbus are mostly unavailable, IEMs only the most main stream ones. Cable availability actually was quite good.

Dont think it swings both ways, only we Europeans try to safe the world and at the same time we sell all our stuff to “dirty” countries and don’t care what they do with it.

1 Like

I see where you’re coming from (“dirty” is a bit strong tho) also this’s getting a bit off topic so I guess best we leave it here :+1:

2 Likes

Yes, this has happened due to two pieces of legislation recently coming in across the EU.

The one you guys have highlighted is a German pioneered regulation that had independently been brought in as a trial over the last few years and which from the start of this year has subsequently been taken up across the EU. Whilst supposed to be firm in it’s application & enforcement - countries have taken a more directive approach to it so you will find some products are still available in some locations but this go-slow adoption - will sadly not last, even with EU countries who have particularly good Chinese relations such as Spain.

Whilst the the idea behind the legislation has good intentions in making products & packaging non-hazardous and reusable - it is very onerous, economically & politically poorly timed and heavy handed in how it has been drafted so that penalties will not only fall on manufacturers but also straight down the chain to individual sellers.

And as all things EU, it is only implemented against if we will stomach it ourselves. So it doesn’t needed to be drafted in reverse as from this year internal product rules have also been adopted.

For electronics enthusiasts it is a royal pain in the arse and will push up EU pricing over the next few years just to help fuel inflation by bureaucracy instead of raw goods. It is also overtly detrimental to smaller EU based business which has been acknowledged but is countered at the administrative level by the barriers to entry of imported goods arguement which is supposed to rebalance - again most likely at the cost of higher prices all around for consumers.

4 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/BESKAR-Rotation-Stroller-Portable-Personal/dp/B089Q279R3/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3B8DW1OPAQ8R5&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.RRGGdaJhcf0bBCfk6NiDY3NkQF37uRlkohstpvtDs2mROuonBk_xeypemY-HijN8N13ctqeswjUrMV7xyRPjFeknO689ow2IhitydXo_vAoWJRQfMkY3AD34VPG-d_b0LF5ndggythPCPnFHLENzrRspvYSBgmEEEzRoIJ8Euj6yRsj-nsYya4EGRPy7ZlzjTWNVVQYPyYxbjZKPp-JU6z8Hy2-F6bFXK1V9Zz-Z6n9O_f3e0AsNuNKnS7CKfMXg-Who5e9YT4y7R8Nu6qXmlTctE8uEy5lePUkyDvB9nt4.fIhVerdEr7MrzRsc1Y2sigY3Hyv-J7W0ytJoiF2O3yE&dib_tag=se&keywords=beskar+small+clip+fan&qid=1716377476&sprefix=%2Caps%2C63&sr=8-1
Ordered a desk fan to blow some air over my pile of Schiit. It should arrive today.

9 Likes

A new delivery :+1:

13 Likes

nice, let me know how you like them! :smiling_imp:
Is that a cumshot on top of the right bottle? :rofl:

3 Likes

Another one of my 90’s favs… :tornado:

6 Likes

Yo, quick update on the Q5K for the sake of completeness…

I don’t know if it was a software update (now on 3.0.4) or me just not understanding something, but a week and a half back, as I gave it a last chance, the haziness I noted had miraculously gone and the eq was now working as I had expected it to (prev didn’t seem to do much). The little gizmo has had me questioning my sanity!

I know @rattlingblanketwoman also had some mixed impressions on it, which lined up with my own experience but lately (and strangely) for me it’s been doing almost all I wanted out of it so hopefully it stays that way but a part of me thinks there’s a gremlin inside the black box intentionally trying to mess with me.

Since then I also got the LM in and paired the Q5K to the slimmest battery bank I could find, which should be good for 35 hrs on the go. No fancy endgame but it’ll do…it’ll do…

Quick general side thought:
I may have scoffed at the idea of eq and bluetooth 18 months ago, but after a tiresome decade of waiting (lol and wow) for more quality basshead sets, I can finally have enough bass/with ‘enough’ sound quality/with a balanced profile without breaking the bank as in this current chi-fi era, bass still commands a premium as if it were the spice of Arrakis! As @domq422 recently mentioned on his thread having all that bass on tap has its pitfalls but one benefit to ‘crazy’ levels is that done tastefully, you can still enjoy all kinds of music at lower volumes.

Low-volume basshead…is that an oxymoron?

5 Likes

“Meg, where did you get all this beef?”
"Do you see any of my cows in the yard? "…

:laughing:

Great comeback! Really good movie, too. I give it an enthusiastic 2 thumbs up.

2 Likes