What did you buy today? (Part 2)

After years of putting it off I finally joined the hd800s gang.

9 Likes

So after holding off for so many years, is it worth it? I’m in the same boat, have never taken the dip.

11 Likes

Definitely worth it specially if you have a tube amp. Very wide stage but still very accurate.

2 Likes

Another tip rolling but this time I bought the Velvet tips that is the widebore version. I must say when I am using it with my S08, the soundstage for me has become more open and a bit wider compared to the standard Velvet tips I am using. Going to use this set of tips though just to be sure.

9 Likes

Busy Best Buy day, finally have dual PB-1000’s in the basement setup, girlfriend wanted the Portal, pretty dope actually, have a good weekend boys…

10 Likes

I miss my SVS sub…had the large cylindrical one and had fun shaking the house with some nice bass drops. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Top a 2nd set of DT150 so my girlfriend & I can both listen.

Middle is a Rolls stereo line level converter so I can patch the RCA output of my NAD C165BEE into the XLR input of my JBL LSR310S or Tannoy Definition subwoofer.

Bottom are adapters so I can run my 2 Xduoo TA26 as dual monoblocks & so my girlfriend & I can listen out of the 6.35mm headphone jack on my Topping A70 Pro so then I don’t have to buy more cables to set up 2 separate headphone amps.

1 Like

Fiber optic USB cable and plugged it direct into the SMSL DL200 I’m currently using for a 5 volt DAC. The onboard amp is great too, and an A70Pro fits perfect on it. The noise floor dropped to silence and if you don’t have a DAC with USB C, a hub like the Yottamaster lets you use other ones. They had a used one for $22 and would recommend it to anyone. Optical USB is the way to go.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CG8WPVKB

The new DT150 arrived today. They sounded a bit tinny in the first moment. They’ve already improved substantially in sound. The tinny sound is almost gone & it hasn’t even been 2 hours. I just put on Jurassic Park & they are doing the bass rather well already. I imagine in 24 hours of burn in they will be way better.
These came with only a straight cable however. I don’t mind, but I think my other DT150s came with a coiled & a straight cable.

7 Likes

I love the tips myself yeah, I prefer the normal because if the IEMs push up against the wall of your ear in a way, the wide bore nature feels wack after a bit while the tapering of the normal is super comfy.

When these work well, they’re super super comfy and are a great set

1 Like

Yeah come to think of it, after using the widebore variant, what you said about them is spot on for I feel weird with the widebore for it’s not pushing against my earwall and I feel more sealed with the normal variants. But yeah once I have gotten used to it and not thinking about it that much, the widebore have been comfortable as well in my ears.

1 Like

It only starts to get on you if the iems are really pushed up so for the most part they’re super comfortable unless its a deepfit

New DAC

15 Likes

nice I was looking at getting a cyan 2 but the 6 week wait time lol

4 Likes

Yeah, it just arrived out of nowhere, it’s been about 5-6 weeks, but never got a shipment notification. Lol Maybe it ended up in spam or something.

2 Likes

I bought it last Wednesday I think. It’s in the smoker now. 16.73 pound brisket. Low & slow. I’m going to do 12 hours of smoke on this one. Pecan wood.

I’ll do some follow up on the “What did you do today?” thread if you’re an interested foodie.

2 Likes

I watched Z’s review on that one today.

1 Like

Delivery from bloom audio might test in my XDO5 but planning on using in a Fosi ZA3 I should be getting in a couple days

6 Likes

They fit with the lid closed?