What did you buy today? (Part 2)

I’m going to post this here:

Also, in the last couple of weeks I’ve purchased a Mojo, RNHP, DT1990 Pro, and a new turn table…

Get it now?

7 Likes

Don’t sell yourself short m8. You got sq on a level most people don’t even know exists much the less will actualy try. Looks like a sweet setup. As for the audeeze, idk what your price range is, but LCD-2 (both fazor and prefazor, but for different reason) are quite well regarded in the LCD line. Either option can be had around 500 used. The 2C is much more or a flavor can than an all-rounder imo. I personaly like the hell out of it, but its super buttery and lush mids are kinda all its got going for it imo

2 Likes

I’ve traced an amp I purchased through lold classified’s listings on different forums. It had a distinctive scratch on it that let me trace it over 3 or 4 transactions over the last couple years. This hobby can be a small community that way, hah.

3 Likes

Pulled the trigger on this guy yesterday. Should arrive on Wednesday.

46 Likes

The shipping wait:

its-the-final-countdown-memegenerator-net-its-the-final-countdown-50405603

7 Likes

wow I’d love to get these eventually… I’m a bit flush with cash right now and once I get my amp I’ll have some funds left over for something like this, LCD4, some verite closed.

For some reason the D8k seems to get looked over or doesn’t get the same love from the hifi community.j

3 Likes

Don’t know why, I loved my d8kp when I had it, sweet headphones for sure. The regular 8000 gets overlooked as well, but that’s a fairly different sound from the pro

3 Likes

These the ones that were on headfi? I was super tempted tbh, but I need to hold off on new purchases for a while

1 Like

Good luck to all my homies still looking for a GPU :pray:

30 Likes

Been trying to get a 3080 but these stores are gouging prices now too… ridiculous

3 Likes

Sweet. Enjoy them. Always been interested what they sound like, but too many audio purchases in the past couple months

I just arrived in that place too! I’m done for a while!!! :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

xDuoo MT-602.
I got excited about these the second I saw the rumors/new post here, and the reviews confirmed all I expected. I tried to hold off for a day, but… damn it.
I can move my Bravo to porch duty and put this in-place at work office.

My Bravo can’t be turned on/off without sending explosive bursts through RCA preouts into speaker amp. So I rituoulistically have to ensure it is on before speaker amp and that speaker amp is off before I turn it off.

Fingers crossed the xDuoo won’t do this to me.

1 Like

Welcome to the “able to get a new GPU club”

14 Likes

Just got this mediocre headphone for $30 CAD BNIB. why? Modding practice and spare parts. listening to this again is a good remider how bad 80 ohm beyers are

10 Likes

Thanks. I’d be happier if I got a cheaper lower end 3080 that doesn’t pull 400 freaking watts (wtf) but beggars can’t be choosers right now.

3 Likes

No they all basically all pull 400w. Specially when the card spikes. I myself had to swap my power supply on my desktop even though I should have had enough watts to power my PC but I had instability cause the spikes were too much for my pay to handle at times

Well… I got the stimulus check from this last round and… went on a bit of a shopping spree…

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L1LXOWS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_HDPG0PAKNXKJ9NEB35F1

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002LBU9UM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_CHK9K587Y43P87YYREM2
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0791NLL6Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_CNAVSR315PBCMZ7K6DMC
Bought two cases of this, one of each flavor

7 Likes

Ah is that so. Crazy what these cards demand. I also had to upgrade my PSU (now its 850W).
But based on reviews this 3080 I have is among the power hungriest of the 3080s out there. I might undervolt it later when I have time as I prioritize longevity.

New Color

19 Likes