What did you buy today? (Part 2)

Finally gave some love to my speaker setup.

Klipsch RP-600M

26 Likes

Those are lovely. Just a little farther from the wall if possible :wink:

4 Likes

The Singxer SA-1 finally came in a couple days ago and the Ares II arrived the week before. Unfortunately the wider SA-1 has to sit on top since the Ares II has so much depth.

The original plan was getting a used V280 or Soloist 3Xā€¦ but I grew too impatient for that.
The Ares II goes for about $800 flat via Paypal on the Vinshine store. But thereā€™s also multiple units up for sale on Headfi if anyone else wants to join the Ares II club.

19 Likes

Been waiting so long for a pair of Grados that sound like these!!! The Hemps!

24 Likes

Git the Final E1000 in, though I only got them because they are cheaper than only buying the tips :P.
I am trying them out to see of they are a recommendation for a friend, but so far I find them a bit lacking - mostly in the details I feel.

10 Likes

Thanks! And thatā€™s the plan. I only showed one and not the pair because they are not even sitting at the same height. :upside_down_face: Speaker stands are my next purchase.

3 Likes

Welcome to the club!

Those cups look gorgeous.

1 Like

Very nice, youā€™ll love them, ones Iā€™ll never sell

1 Like

@A_COC0NUT @11_Clouds

Feels real good to join the club! I agree, also will never sell!

I always wanted what the Hemps are giving me from a pair of Grados!! Dreams do come true guys!

My old sr80e are officially retired.

2 Likes

L700 + Octave II both on the way.

19 Likes

Just got a good deal on a Schiit Mjolnir 1 to go with my Gungnir. Should have it anytime now

22 Likes

love my ARES2, sold my v280 to get a singxer SA-1 to take itā€™s place as the downgrade of choice and i donā€™t feel like i miss anything coming off of the v280, they stack wonderfully aesthethicaly too, but i chose to order two brackets, one for each unit to attatch beneath the table top of my desk to clean things up a bit.

how do you like the combination so far? what did you use before? i found it to be wonderfully smooth and pleasant, wide and organic with descent detail but i donā€™t have much experience with source gear so iā€™d love to hear what you think to see if my impressions somewhat match.
hopefully you got the kind of sound you were looking for

2 Likes

Overall Iā€™m finding them to sound great together. But itā€™s hard to give much in the way of relative comparisons right now since Iā€™ve hardly done any mix and matching with my other gear yet (itā€™s all spread out to different rooms). My solid state bedroom setup was the RNHP+D50S prior to this (my other stuff is on my profile).
So far Iā€™ve been testing out the HD6XX and Clear the most. So far the SA-1 seems to be a pretty minor upgrade for the Clear. But the 6XX on it seems to have the best controlled bass Iā€™ve heard yet. So the SA-1 is my new favorite 6XX amp. Later I may do some A/B testing with the Ares II and ADI-2 since I have everything needed for an ideal test.

2 Likes

I decided to try something new for the balanced cable on my iBasso IT01: the new UGREEN 2.5mm MMCX cable. Itā€™s a new release on Amazon, no reviews yet, but decided to give it a try (in general UGREEN stuff has worked well for me). It comes terminated in 2.5mm or 4.4mm.

Style wise itā€™s definitely not for everyone. I like my cables to have a more substantial feel. This one is relatively thin, lightweight, and soft plastic coated. But because of that it doesnā€™t pickup on any vibrations rubbing against my shirt (no perceivable microphonics). The lightweight goes well with the lightweight iBasso IT01 - very comfortable for long term listening. I like the 90deg 2.5mm connector. Using it with the BTR5 I donā€™t have any concerns of accidentally bending/breaking the connector.

The plastic near the MMCX connector is a little bit thicker and more tacky than the rest of the cable. It creates a nice over-ear setup. They arenā€™t molded with memory wire. But after about one hour of wearing them they comfortably stay curved and behind my ear. I find them much more comfortable over my ear than many other cables. Iā€™m surprised this system works given how lightweight the entire cable is - thereā€™s not much weight to hold them down.

Style wise itā€™s not a standout. Subtle, discrete, easily pocketed, doesnā€™t tangle easily. No one would see these and assume they are an aftermarket cable. They certainly arenā€™t high end to begin with, but they do seem like a reasonable quality cable if you donā€™t mind how they look.

Overall I like the cable, and will probably keep it for BTR5ing (lightweight and no microphonics). But it would be a better value at half the price (currently listed for $40).

Nice packaging / presentation for a cable:

Connected to the iBasso IT01

Compared to the stock cable:

Zoom in:

8 Likes

awesome, good stuff!

if you have no other impressions beetween the gear i donā€™t see much point in a/bā€™ing, i would just main whatever happens to be the most convinient at that point. but the Clears may be a major factor to that, clears allegedly doesnt benefit going above anything descent that is entry level anyway and what you are saying here seems to confirm that.

but im all for it, who knows, may get some interesting results abā€™ing after all

1 Like

Ordered a pair of these today for the headphone rig, which will show up tomorrow.

11 Likes

I have a set on my 90 stack, no complaints.

1 Like

Last part of my office stack arrived:

Zen DAC V2
Asgard 3 B-Stock (no blemishes found)

20 Likes

One of those bit holders with integrated bit magazine.

18 Likes

15 Likes