What did you buy today? (Part 2)

This arrived today and sorry if it’s not audio related stuff. I know it’s not a Noctua but better than nothing and Jesus Christ this guy is a big one!

11 Likes

Man that looks like an air-conditioning unit lol…enjoy :+1:

4 Likes

Not noctua but will perform to withing a few prct of Noctua :stuck_out_tongue:
Metal is metal and mass is mass :wink:

1 Like

Heard good things about it, and I hope those things will be the exact result or at least close to it.

Had a good mail day yesterday.

Phatlab Phasty ii and LessFox (romi audio) BX2 Plus.

The phantasy ii has made me go from understanding but not liking hd800s to being completely convinced I would happily have them as my only headphone.

24 Likes

I’ll happily take your Abyss then :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you, Mr. Cooper. So far I’m thrilled with it. This is the first time I have owned a tube amp for audio HiFi. My Brother had an old Marantz tube receiver/amp that he refused to get rid of because he loved the sound so much. I am beginning to understand why he felt that way.

I poured an extra port and stayed up late last night because I could not stop listening to this thing. So far I have put London Grammar, Sting and Seal through their paces and all sound different than I have ever heard them sound before. The extra little nuances that you can hear, the way vocalists are separated even in tight harmonies, the subtle percussion that in many cases I could not hear but now can through this TA-20 is amazing.

And there is just something else that this thing does that I can’t even identify. Perhaps this is the “tubiness” that @ZeosPantera talked about. Whatever it is, I love it! This unit has become a most welcome addition to my little audio family.

And again, I am very impressed with the performance of the M200 DAC. The AKM implementation is definitely winning me over. I feel that these 2 devices are working extremely well together, creating that synergy that we have been talking about in other threads.

2 Likes

You can have tjem for 3.5k if you dont mind over retail so I can’t get sus :wink:

But realy, currently I’m gunna keep both. Want a month with both setups to decide what I will realy be keeping. Also need to get some iems and other cans ive been meaning to try in. I expect to have some real change up in my setups on the nest 6 months ot so

1 Like

Got a few small tubes in today for my LD MKIII. Not sure what to expect as they were pretty cheap and from Amazon.

11 Likes

I stayed up late last night as well, but it was preparing monthly operation reports for my boss. Yours was the better night. lol

Porst is a fine gentleman’s drink for listening. All the enjoyment of whiskey without the dulling senses.

1 Like

Boredom and access to a slush fund for toys is a dangerous combination

7 Likes

It had been a while since I’d contributed anything to this thread.

26 Likes

Birthday gift #2 arrived. ( I have awesome friends) This little thingy is what I needed to integrate my new turntable into my 2 channel. The rest is up to me now, ohhh this is so exciting, having full analog available. Old school for the grey hair. :joy:

19 Likes

Big boy toys! :muscle: We worked hard to get here. Congratulations!

Finally bought a HQPlayer license for my mac mini / roon core. Well worth the money. After spending hours with Room EQ Wizard and playing with the Roon DSP this was the logical next step in tuning the sound quality.

2 Likes

So finally also a post from my side for new toys :partying_face:

Even if I thought I got a defective used pair, but luckily only the cable was bad and I had some mini XLR connectors lying around :crossed_fingers:

17 Likes

What for Pads are tthis on the Audeze?

should be the vegan pads if im not wrong

1 Like

My first forray into custom enthusiast mech keyboards

20 Likes

Congratulations and my condolences…

6 Likes