What did you buy today? (Part 2)

Only $10 ! Small kit. Filter for SMPS DC power supply.
Going to try with several switching supplies to see if there is any real discernable differences.

Alex

diyaudiostore

5 Likes

lcd4

19 Likes

I bought the Sony WF-1000XM4. NO…just no.

1 Like

I’ll have to give this a watch. For the time I had some WF XM3’s I felt there was nothing at all special about the sound, despite just about every reviewer almost defaulting to them being the best choice for people with the money.

Recently went ahead with getting some FiiL T1 Lite and I think they’re sonically the best I’ve heard so far (no ANC), better than the Tevis. TBH another disappointment was the Moondrop Sparks, sounded bland with a very TWS bass despite their size. That was a quick resell.

Edit: Haha got as far as the intro so far… You make these look like Sony WTF-1000XM4!

1 Like

Picked up my Loxjie A30 and my Kuba Disco at the post office yesterday.

Very happy with both!

16 Likes

Hah! Missed title opportunity!

Just bought and build this small PassLabs ACP + headphone amp from the Diyaudio store. $199 for all the parts and circuit boards. Really decent parts with matched pairs of Jfets. Took about 3 hours to throw together and worked first time.

Class A.

Typical simple discrete amp from Nelson Pass.

Optimized for 32 ohms, but can be set up for other impedances and I just set it up for HD 650s at 300 ohms.

Works wonderfully.

17 Likes

I sure do have a problem buying things late at night and with a belly full of wine. These will be for my stock T60rp’s. Paid for the 2 day shipping since it was only $4 more.

7 Likes

Be here Tuesday !

16 Likes

Completely forgot to post my acquisition from @Pelontar , can only recommend him as a seller and also the g111 as an Amp :heart_eyes:

16 Likes

I noticed you have an Asgard too. If you could post your thoughts of the g111. I liked mine to the point of thinking to sell all my previous amps (A3, Thx789, RNHP).

3 Likes

Nice mousepad…

LTTStore.com :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

wow! Same amp and same mouse pad on my desk, clearly you’re an audio baller! :smiley:

What DAC are you running with the G111?

1 Like

would say the g111 is defenitly my go to Amp, it gives my LCD-2 that lovely bass slam and that tat bit more soundstage and can drive nearly everything i throw at it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
but i still keep the asgard around when i have a HP that needs that bit more warmth or i have a day when im a bit more treble sensitv on my t60rp, but thats the nice thing when you horde audio gear, you always have the alternative of your choosing :sweat_smile:

1 Like

yes! I was shocked how much better the DT880 600ohm sounded on it.

1 Like

right now the Zen DAC cause i cant hear much differnce to my X8 (which will be on Sale soon wink wink) and the future has a BF2 or Ares II as a buddy for my g111 :kissing_heart:

1 Like

can only recommend their MousePads cause you get them in excatly the right size you need (if they’re in stock of course :rofl: )

1 Like

That’s my plan as well. Just need the $$$ to pay for it. I’m seriously considering blood plasma donations at this point…

1 Like

I take the traditional bread and water routine :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I was assuming you were already down to the HiFiGuides standard of eating only 2 meals per day, 5 days per week :rofl:

1 Like