What did you buy today? (Part 2)

24 Likes

Cables and the Litte Bear MC3. This thing makes me so happy. I can have all my amps going and now I get to switch from one dac to the next with a knob twist! So excited to play around! I can compare my dacs and play with different pairings with headphones!!

15 Likes

I just purchased an Abyss Diana V2. Also received my Violectric V281 yesterday. This was 2 of the 3 upgrade purchases I’ve made. Took 4 months of saving up and selling off a lot of gear. Now I just need my Soekris dac2541 to ship out soon.

:slightly_smiling_face:

29 Likes

Just got these in from ebay.

18 Likes

Finally bought some decent hardware. These look and feel great in person. For sure an improvement over my little Fiio A3 and motherboard DAC. Overall they sound great while taking off some of the edges of my 770.

Not many have said it but these and most other used-to-be-200-Euro stacks now sell for 300 Euros.

16 Likes

My guess is most of those have AKM chips in them and the fire at the factory caused the price increase. Even the topping E30 is $150 now and I bought it about 9 months ago for $120

3 Likes

Yes, in general, all the stuff has become more expensive because of the fire, which is unfortunate.
Some justify it with the pandemic like Matrix Audio for example.
I still got the Element H for the old price, hehe.

It’s really annoying that before the pandemic you warned of a possible economic crisis, and since the pandemic everything has become even more expensive.
Which somehow doesn’t make sense.
Actually, you should be able to get something like that cheaper.

Especially the Dacs with Css, Burr Brown or Ess chips should be cheaper, but that doesn’t seem to be the case.
It doesn’t make sense at the moment to buy something new if it’s not a must.

2 Likes

I actually think it makes a lot of sense, as sad as it is. Price for basic materials like cooper and iron are through the roof, and chip shortage can affect a lot a very niche market like audio. I also wouldn’t be surprised if Burr Brown, ESS and Cirrus aren’t able to fill in the void for AKM, ramping up production in silicon is quite challenging to say the least.

1 Like

I just bought a pair of Hifimam HE-500 for $275. Pair showed up randomly on eBay last night and dude accepted my offer.

11 Likes

Bloody hell! Damn what a great deal!

1 Like

Record Weight Stabilizer, Record Clamp
ArcoLinux_2021-08-08_14-21-33

Schiit Mani, phono preamp

10 Likes

16 Likes

Not bad for a country that doesn’t state sponsor its athletes.

3 Likes

Oriveti OH500.

Always loved the look. That tortoiseshell/amber vibe that the Isabellae sort of has going on too.

Congratulations :+1:

i messaged the guy that sells the grills for you. i’ll send a link if he puts them back up.

Edit: response was "Hello and thanks for your inquiry. I’m in the process of getting more Aluminum stock.

I should have some more available in a few weeks as they ve been very popular, and have sold out again.

Let your friends know that they will be available in a few weeks.
Thanks
Art"

Does
“What did you rent today?” count too?
Because I didn’t buy but I did move in on saturday!!

26 Likes

Got some Spiral Dot tips and mesh to mod my BL-03s in today.

9 Likes

2012 design, still as great as day 1.

10 Likes

Congrats! I have been looking at rents lately for my MIL as she downsizes. Yikes, they have jumped in a year!

My place is starting to look affordable in comparison, especially considering all the bells and whistles. :open_mouth:

1 Like