What did you buy today? (Part 1)

Those are sweet kicks! :+1:t4:

1 Like

Perhaps make a new thread and people can help you there?

1 Like

I think I want me some DT1990 Pros for home, pity Amazon aren’t shipping them until end April

2 Likes

I’m really enjoying mine especially after changing pads. I really didn’t think the 1990s would appeal to me, but after trying the 880s I became interested in them and I’d say beyers are 2/2 for me. I’d actually suggest trying to score a used 1990 as they regularly go for around and under 400 usd

3 Likes

I’ve purchased two things recently from .ca and the delivery has moved significantly earlier than advertised

1 Like

I got a fancy new holder for some spare Campfire eartips:

Purchased a while ago and sent to ASR for review; I just got it back from Amir a little while ago and hooked it up this morning–impressions soon @ RNHP thread.

15 Likes

Were you disappointed with his review?

No second thoughts now as the Sundara’s are leaving Vancouver today. Should have them late next week.

5 Likes

No–I had the RNHP drop-shipped directly to Amir, and I hadn’t heard one before the review came out–I had no set expectations to dash.

Besides, I read the review as essentially “RNHP = Really Not Horribly Problematic.” It’s not a bad product by the measurements. It’s just that amps with state-of-the-art measurements (the ASR ideal) may be had for less than the asking price of the RNHP.

I’m enjoying having a “famous” copy of a well-loved amp. And I like knowing the numbers–it’s good data that will help me correlate experience with measurements.

4 Likes

Awesome! Curious how they stack up against the elex

1 Like

Fair enough. I look forward to your feedback.

that’s an odd comparison, being their price points are quite different…

He has both is all (or will have)… I’ve heard sundara punches higher than its price… just a curiosity

I am also Very curious. I owned and very much disliked the HE4XX’s.

I don’t think the Sundara will dislodge my favourites, but if it can just do something different, it might well find a long term home.

2 Likes

anybody looking for a nice way to enter hifi through cans; here is a great setup!

You can probably negotiate a bit as it has been listed for some time. This is not my listing nor affiliated to it just have the same setup except tubes, cable and DAP are different.

That is still a good chunk of change just to get your foot in the door…

1 Like

A nice way to get an endgame setup for some, even. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Was priced out of the world of Rel, so got svs sb 1000 instead. Got sent the more expensive shiny finish one :smiley: though paid for the cheaper one ( around 500 euros)

10 Likes

Wow, that is High End for an entry point.

I have to post some ads and I was thinking that one of my tag lines would be “A great starter system for someone new to the hobby or just tight for cash”. That would refer to HD58X’s and a Liquid Spark.

Of course this would not be considered HiFi, which is what you mentioned.

Still hi-fi but lo-cost hi-fi for 10 times less

2 Likes