What did you buy today? (Part 1)

I’ll let y’all know in a few days…

Getting the correct bore size or maybe go down a size?..any iem without a well defined lip can allow tips to slip off sometimes.

2 Likes

My Electro Harmonix EL84 arrived. I took a quick listen and they sounded pretty good upon 1st listen. Of course, I’ll be saving judgement for after burn in. One thing I did notice was that these seemed to be the tubes with the most warmth and most bass so far. How they sound after some burn in will be interesting.

18 Likes

99 Classics.

Next to the Bronze 2s they look like they had the same designer.

17 Likes

just bought a leather case for my Ibasso DX160

5 Likes

I love those headphones. how do you like it?

The “@M0N Specials” just showed up…

I’ve been going through the playlist I made for my buddy for the 1770s I’m sending him. Really appreciating the imaging and spatial reproduction from these. Awesome comfort, too. I can see why they’re keepers. They do a lot very well for their asking price.

14 Likes

Looking forward to your detailed thoughts!

1 Like

Well, first couple things that I had forwarded to me have arrived!!!

I’m loving the look of the black and red HAC, and I gotta say I do like the matte look of the hardware split of the gray cable, @brux

19 Likes

Bought a gallon of hot giardiniera to make some Chicago Style Italian beef sandwiches:

8 Likes

I just ordered a Lake People G111 Headphone Amplifier. The only shipping option was express, which said 3 to 6 business days. I hope I’m surprised with quick shipping.

14 Likes

Sweet, I love my G109 and the G111 schould be even better except for the blue LED lol

2 Likes

The only thing holding me back from pulling the trigger on buying the G103 is that I should not do it…

7 Likes

Wait a minute…it has a blue LED? I’m kind of a whore for the color blue, so this would actually be welcome news for me. Anything but the colors Red and Yellow and I’m a happy guy.

3 Likes

giphy (2)

6 Likes

@Hazi59:

Blue

I like blue lights too. It looks awesome when a room is bathed in blue light, IMO. But I also agree many blue LEDs have the brightness of a new star and can burn holes through your optic nerves. It would be nice if they met somewhere in the middle on that.

3 Likes

Lol, to me it doesn’t matter if the blue lights are strobing subliminal messages in my head…as long as the lights are not red or yellow, I’m a happy camper. I can’t overstate how much I hate those 2 colors, especially red.

Also a fan of blue light in a dark room. :slight_smile:

EDIT: Oh, to be on-topic for a moment, forgot to mention that I pushed the button on the Drop Porta-Pros the other day. ~1 month to wait. Unlike my Verite C’s (which have finally entered “Assembly” stage), I’ll probably forget about them by then and be excited when they show up.

12 Likes

Did you know the Lake People amp is German made?

1 Like

This power holding company has a lot of nice stuff. check out this dac/amp it has a eq on it!: