What did you buy today? (Part 1)

Eh, I dont know if you would get much difference beyond making sure you get some good quality ones (not necessarily expensive)
Amazon Basics are usually pretty alright

If you feel the need to pick up some colored cables on the cheap with good reviews:

Feel the need for OFC with a known good brand of connectors?
2 Likes

wow man, you are on a roll. Let us know what you think of all your new stuff

1 Like

I use these…

SEISMIC AUDIO - SAXLX-3-2 Pack of 3’ XLR Male to XLR Female Patch Cables - Balanced - 3 Foot Patch Cord - Blue and Red https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017C14HTY/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_Y984EbXA85K29

2 Likes

The “wild coiled cable” is the one totally acceptable stock Focal cable. I haven’t bothered to replace mine / go balanced for my Pros.

Monoprice has a couple decent models for very cheap, in whatever length you need. I have a box full of those for my loudspeaker setup so that everything has the same style cable (OCD), and I always have the right length if / when stuff moves a little. Got a few extra short ones for headamp stuff.

2 Likes

Liked the Porta Pros so much I had to get the LE gold ones. :sunglasses::

22 Likes

I just checked I ordered this at the end of January, always expected it to take a few of months to ship, but the coronovirus meant he couldn’t get the custom transformers wound, then there were issues with getting the amps shipped, so total wait time about 5 and a half months

Detailed impressions when I’ve had longer to listen to it.

Initial impressions, It’s very good, I don’t think anything at the price point can compete with it, if it wasn’t now effectively made of unobtanium I’d recommend it even without more time to listen. He did have a few left from this batch a couple of weeks ago, you have to message him over on SBAF to see if he still has any.

15 Likes

I like the logo on that tube amp, it’s cute!

And optional, though why anyone would choose to omit it is beyond me.

2 Likes

Received this today. Great little DAC as an introduction into r2r. :+1:t4:

Thanks @Darthpool!

20 Likes

Sweet! I would love to get my hands on one of these

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s actually a “sweet” little DAC. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It’s very smooth, yet resolving. It doesn’t exhibit the excessive noise filtering that I heard on the Chord Hugo TT2. It’s not as widely staged either, but it sounds really good paired with the RNHP.

I’m enjoying it.

7 Likes

Atom Dac meet Atom Amp.

23 Likes

I love all your kit and especially the rack, the cable management though, my OCD…left eyeball twitching…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy:

2 Likes

Yes well, half the cables you can see are disconnected, and I haven’t rerun them since I moved all the shelves In the rack to accommodate the lampizator.
The cat hair on the desk is more of an annoyance to me :wink:
Trying to decide If I want a second rack to accommodate some of my other amps.

1 Like

Well… I must appologize to my bank account and my wallet… But I just pulled the trigger on which speaker amp to go with…

Bought this fucker that @Towa was selling… But hey… Zen/TA-10>BasX A-100>C93 ii
Happy Birthday to me. Gonna hit up the liquor store to try and snag some Scotch or whiskey to go with my steak tomorrow.
14 Likes

Oh wow, so they finally put it out! i wonder how it sounds

1 Like

Ordered myself a set of Harmonicdyne Helios with the discounts from linsoul, looking forward to seeing whether or not I like them :grin:

1 Like

Let us know. I’m interested to hear your thoughts. Specifically what you think of the treble. We’re getting a lot of conflicting reports lol.

1 Like

Thanks ebay. $35 well spent :slight_smile:
Side question: should I run these balanced?

13 Likes

No need tbh…What you running them off?