What did you buy today? (Part 1)

These were sitting at my front door, looking forward to incorporating them with something at some point. It’s been a long day and that’s the best thought process I can come up with at the moment.

12 Likes

That’s so funny! I just ordered the Carbon HDMI cable. :grin:

1 Like

So far I am pleased with the overall quality and when I find them on sale/discount I jump all over them even if i don’t immediately have a use…

1 Like

Got a Yinyoo 16 core 2-pin cable. I only went with it because I couldn’t find the 2-pin version of the KBEAR that’s recommended here at anything less than an absurd price compared to the same KBEAR wire with MMCX. At least not on Amazon.

Regardless, the Yinyoo is poor and will be going back to Amazon. Very loose weave that looks like you would be at risk of breaking one of the individual wires if you snag it on anything. Oh, and there doesn’t appear to be any insulation or jacket whatsoever on the physical wire. It literally appears to be just the bare copper conductors.

1 Like

Some thing happens with my iBasso dx160 and the Kph30i. The plug is 4 pole because it has a mic and it seems is not compatible. I ordered a 4 pole to three pole adapter. Hope it works that way. On the other hand it works well with the rest of my sources.

1 Like

These arrived today. Some new RCA cables to change my Monoprice (stiff AF) cables. Also the Kuba Disco, headphones developed and assembled here in Brazil. Very curious to see how it sounds, my intention is to use it at work.

15 Likes

I haven’t been particularly satisfied with any of my headphones for gaming. But these seem quite promising.

You can get a free hanger if you’re one of the first 1000 buyers. Otherwise there’s no way that thing is worth $34 lol.

11 Likes

After much ado with Amazon, the D7200s are here!

23 Likes

The new Yinyoo 16 core cable is finally here for my Starfields. The color is not really the same as the IEMs but I think they look pretty neat and they harmonize just right with the colors being shown.

24 Likes

Yeah i tried it, sound ed the same. It sound like the jack is not fully plugged but physically it is.

Yeah the only answer is that its because it has 4 poles, although when i had my ZS 10 Pros they too were 4 pin because of the microphone and they wortked with the BL.
Either way hope the adapter works out for you.

That looks really good though

1 Like

I guess they really look good, I guess it depends on the lighting where the hint of the blue color would show.

I’ve been wanting these for a long time and finally now got around to buying them. Also got in on the drop for the pc38x earlier. Very excited for the both of them : )

23 Likes

I was planning just a visit to my local Hifistore, since haven’t been there after they moved.
Aaaaaaand after 10min of talking…
It seem to have bought and ordered a pair of white Genelec 8330 SAM’s for my secondary setup with TV. The owner knows me to well… lol
…plus my old solid %, vip discount was active… could not say no to that. lol

Seems i have to move the JBL 305’s for computer use (shame on me)… and i need to buy a new dac/preamp for them. lol

6 Likes

Does your Yinyoo 16 core have any sort of jacket or insulation on the wire? As I mentioned yesterday, the one I ordered has none. It’s bare conductors the entire length of the cable. Strangely, mine also has a different style of barrel on the 3.5mm plug.

Want to ask a quick question, with passive noise cancellation on iems and headphones, is the amount of db reduction on the frequency range of human hearing uniform among an individual item, or can a single item be better at cancelling out one frequency over another, while being vice versa on another item?

Technically bought last week, but still newish

31 Likes

Oooooohhhh boy those look nice. Final knows how to build a unique headphone.

Very pretty, a bit gaudy with the silver cable the pro edition comes with.

For a while I didn’t realize these were planar. They don’t look like your average planar headphone.

1 Like