What did you do today?

Was just relaxing today when my wife offered to help me clean my old favourite. Love having a car wash bay in our building!

3 Likes

Today I finally purchased some important things for home - this coffee grinder and some really good wipes to clean the house. I do not know why, but I always delay some very simple but important things… now I am happy with doing it.
Also I spent a lot of time on choosing a phone with the headphone jack

1 Like

Washed my car! Hot and sweaty work. Been meaning to for weeks. My boss gave me the day off, so there was no excuse not to. :grin:

1 Like

My car has some sort of tree sap on it, and it didn’t come off at my regular car wash, so I need to scrub mine really good, and try to get it sorted out.

If you can’t it get off in the near future, you should take it to a detailer for buffing. That stuff will damage your paint.

1 Like

My almost 19 year old WRX would probably love a pro buffing.

Well, you certainly got your money’s worth. I am less than half way there. My Infiniti is nine years old this month.

3 Likes

Took my shiny car to the country. Three hour return trip. I got two new members of the family, Mickey and Milo.

8 Likes

Today me and charles did shots

6 Likes

:laughing:

10 characters!

Today i left the 20th century and now a 21st century man. Installed 22 4 foot led tubes ballast bypass from ancient t12 fluorescent tubes. Also mounted some klipsch kho7s for my rear channels. Yes i know the wire needs to be dealt with. I had hoped to tuck or hide where the wood met the chinking. Now im thinking metal electrical conduit…possibly painted match the wood… may keep it raw and industrial. Any opinions?

5 Likes

The wires now almost blend close enough as is, if it weren’t for their unnatural dip.

Would it be possible to run the wires you have now, but only along the top of that panel where it looks like it protrudes and leaves a little ledge. I think that could blend well. You’ll know it is there but I doubt others would notice until you pointed it out. I’d sure hate to see you do something with metal and detract from the wood - that room is gorgeous. I could see conduit if in a loft or something then yes, but here not so much.

Just my thoughts like I said that is a great looking space even now.

Exactly. The wood where the speakers are mounted is flush with the tan chinking above it. A 10 foot half inch metal conduit pipe. Painted to color match the wood may make for as best and pro look install as i can be make for a room with no in wall options. I could straighten the wire and staple. Or go with brown speaker wire and do the same. I just feel it will have a rather sloppy and ghetto look with out conduit.

1 Like

Or maybe PVC conduit painted to match and a bit of double sided tape for easy install :stuck_out_tongue:

Considering it. Trying to go with as rigid and slim as possible. Pvc electrical has a rather larger outer diameter. Half in water cpvc is much less. Pvc also loves to give a nasty sag effect over time. Im headin to the hardware store. Trying to get this done today while the 8 foot ladder is in the room.

Done. .5" metal electral conduit. Paint actually. Matches more to the chinking. Pics dont do it justice. But it essentially disappears into the wall and shadows

4 Likes

Looking good!

Mopped floors, pressure washed a big plastic playhouse our neighbors donated (awesome gift!), assembled it and played in it with my daughter and read her a book. Wish I could do something about the mosquitoes!

During their naps I’ll be mowing the front and back “lawns” with a push mower with 3 out of 4 wheels present while I smoke my pipe.

Might have the BL03 or Chu with me for that. (I never smoke near any of my other audio gear, or get sweaty on it etc. looking to buy some snug fitting TWS that don’t fall out during burpees soon)

1 Like

That sounds like an awesome day! I do really miss when a bounce house and a book was a great day for my boys!

1 Like