What did you do today?

@Kelevra yeah not sure why I said that :man_facepalming:. Just basic old DVD’s (which I still have as well). If only I had my 13" vhs combo tv still, I could really get nostalgic. I should probably dump the 10-15 vhs I still have.

Here is what I am working with for games. Thought i had a few more in there, but a lot of things seemed to disappear when I was in college

3 Likes

My sister got rid of her combo tv last week. My dad is still hording some vhs/dvd combo players we are going to try to get rid of soon.

Continuing the trend. I am just waiting on thermal paste to arrive so I can put back together. I have been wanting to do this for a while but never felt 100% comfortable since it was my main game/ video streaming source. Have the Series X now, so now the downside is pretty minimal. This was just as dust filled as the PS2.

Having had an original Xbox One as well, I think it pretty incredible what they did to get that power brick inside and reduce the size of other components to get the overall size heavily reduced. It happens every generation now I know, but seeing inside first hand makes me appreciate it a bit more

4 Likes

Last night I watched a basketball player absolutely get dummied by one of the worst YouTubers in existence. And 2 of the best fighters to ever live fight and still perform in their old age

2 Likes

Yeah, My series X is so good my gaming PC hasn’t launched a game in a few weeks. It’s an impressive accomplishment that Microsoft has done.

Converted my friend to Beyerdynamics(lol), ordered some replacement parts for my old computer rig because it quite literally combusted into flames(power supply failure) and screwed up the motherboard, ordered some replacement upgrades to my current rig, gotta work today unfortunately

1 Like

my Panasonic HZW2004 came a week ago, to say i’m blown away would be a huge understatement. Even the sound is great.

2 Likes

I had a dilemma, my living room system DAC has only one set of RCA out so I’ve been plugging and unplugging RCA cables to switch between setups. BHC for headphone listening and Freya + for speaker listening.

It’s getting old. So after a while trying to find an A/B switch that is 1) the right fit, I don’t need four or five outputs. 2) one RCA in and two RCA out. Most of the available models are multi in and single out. The ones available are either poor quality, super expensive or just unnecessary switching.

I decided to make my own. I used some Belden RCA cable I already had, I bought an aluminum project box, 6 pairs of RCA panel connectors and one DPDT center off switch.

Total cost, about $35 dollars and like 4 hours of work. LOL what can I say? I have the week off so…

Works great, I really can’t hear it in the signal path (I make good work) and all I have to do now it flip a switch. Oh, and I even lined it with copper foil for noise rejection, just for the audiophile seal of approval. Happy camper.

13 Likes

Sexy little box you got there.

3 Likes

That sounds dirty.

3 Likes

I modded my Zu DW speakers. Did some reading, talked to Sean, weighed pros/cons about what I wanted to do and ultimately decided I wanted everything I did to be reversible, bringing the entire speaker back to stock if I so desired.

What I did, added some high density Dynamat type anti resonant sheets to each panel on the tower excluding the top and bottom. I concentrated the material on the area of the panel that would be most susceptible to vibration. I understand that it’s easy to overdo this and in a sense take the life out of the speakers. It’s a balance between taking away unwanted resonance but keeping the desired coloration that the speaker is tuned/designed for.

The Zu have an interesting porting system which basically consists of 4 teardrop shaped slots on the bottom and a corresponding heavy density foam pyramid in the middle sort of isolating the area in the middle while keeping everything flowing to the slot. You can see what I’m talking about better in the picture.

The other thing I did is install a 10.5 in oak dowel in the area between the tweeter and the full range speaker as according to Sean at Zu that’s the area most susceptible to vibration and it’s a good easy and noticeable improvement.

Been working on it all day and I’m pretty exhausted, measuring thrice and cutting once and then trying to have everything aligned properly. Aesthetics and symmetry even on the inside. :slight_smile:

Looking forward to giving these a nice listen in the next couple of days. I want the brace to really cure before I pump up the jam.

5 Likes

I technically did this yesterday and it might sound unusual or even weird to some of you guys, especially to those who are not into anime stuff, I filled an application for an audition to join a VTuber group that are looking for English speakers to be a part of them and that kind of application is a once in a life time to come by and thought to myself, “Why not give it a try and fill up an application for it?” I know it can be a daunting task to do streaming like always but I think with such stuff like that, I am willing to learn and to improve on it, for I think nowadays it is a good idea to work something that does not only fall or limited to your specific skills that you have attained from College, for I believe it is also a good idea or even an asset for you to partake something where you can showcase your skills as well outside of your learned course.

I am not expecting to be accepted by them or whatever, but it was an opportunity for me to take, so I took it. If I did get accepted, well, I guess I can finally do something worth while for myself and for my family while having fun doing it.

3 Likes

Oh, you mean the application for next hololive en group?

I mean I did tried to take an audition for Hololive EN back then but in my case it was Holostars EN since I am a male, in the end of that though I didn’t get accepted since I was basically bored at that time and I am like “You know what? let me give it a try” basically the application that I did back then was kind of half-serious, thus I am not surprised that I didn’t get accepted since I am not expecting to be accepted anyway.

The application that I took is from Nijisanji and they are looking for English speakers regardless of country, and they wanted to get some potential VTubers that can speak the language. I took that chance since to me it was like an opportunity and I am like “let me give it a try once again.” I am not expecting any results of being accepted by them but at least I took it.

1 Like

Oh Nijisanji. Haha maybe or maybe not, but good luck. I used to like putting Vtubers in the background while I do stuff, but not anymore.

I can’t listen to music and youtube at the same time. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

yeah true, also it is my own fault falling into this rabbit hole of VTubers. After discovering them, my friends as well fell into it and they are like “Bro, you better take responsibility for this shit” I am like “Lol it is not my fault, I just showed them to you and that is all.” and yeah, thanks for the luck, we are going to need it all either way regardless of the circumstances.

1 Like

Good luck!

1 Like

I received a Genelec Certificate, from the GLM 4 training course.
:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Small piece of happiness in a paper.

Do you have a link to it?

Sure.

1 Like