What did you do today?

Upgraded the audio in my whip!

11 Likes

nothingā€¦Iā€™m still recovering from what I did on Saturday.

Was this Saturday?ā€¦

If so man that sucks :joy:

3 Likes

HAHAHAH!!! no. LOL!!!

I painted one of my father in laws porches and Iā€™m very out of condition. woke up Sunday morning and could barely moveā€¦so I stayed in bed until this morning.

2 Likes

I pulled out my Accuracy International AXMC and went and meditated doing some long distance .338 Lapua Mag shooting. Something about doing ballistics calculations and adjustments as well as just pulling the trigger and sending some lead down range just really helps me find my peaceful zen state. I was on it this morning too, making contact at the edges of this rifleā€™s effective range and slightly beyond. It was the best Iā€™ve felt in a while.

5 Likes

@JAnonymous5150 .338? Serious stuff! Planning a griz hunt? Or Africa, lol.

1 Like

Recoil Therapy, does wonders for the mind!

2 Likes

Iā€™m happy to hear youā€™ve found some zen and that youā€™re finding some equilibrium. Miss your regular presence around here buddy! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

3 Likes

I spent 7.5 years behind a .338 in the USMC and itā€™s still my fav caliber for long distance precision shooting which is what I was doing today. I was in the zone too. I had several hits out past 1750 meters which is the listed effective range of the round. I shoot an Accuracy International ACMC with Schmidt and Bender PM II Hi-Power and plenty of my own customizations (I do my own gunsmithing). I also make my own hand loads and have ballistic logs going back to 2006 when I started my first one in training in the Corps. So yeah, you could say that I like shooting high caliber rifles over very long distances.

If you dropped me in a war today my body probably wouldnā€™t hold up like it once did, but itā€™s nice to know I can still turn out a dudes lights at 1900m. :metal::sunglasses:

4 Likes

Seriously, precision shooting is like meditation for me. It really does help me calm my mind and center myself. I missed you too Goobs!

5 Likes

Indeed. I spent almost 6 hours just shooting so my shoulder will def be sore tomorrow, but thatā€™s well worth it.

4 Likes

I watched Ted Lasso season 1 today, great show, I found it on https://soap2day-1.com/ there are various movies and tv shows in all genres. Now I can watch HD movies and tv shows for free anytime I want. Every day newly released movies and new episodes of TV shows in HD quality are added to the website. It is real find for movie buffs like I am.

1 Like

We were invited to our local and friend run marina for their annual BBQ, moored up with just a 5 minute walk awayā€¦Brisket, Chicken, Sausages, sweet potato salad, potato salad, home made slaw etc :yum: I think my lady approves :+1:

10 Likes

What a great day. Enjoy! :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Overnighter with my nephews, they wanted to sleep in the roof tent of my van for a while now and were super happy that itā€™s finally happening :grin:

7 Likes

we agreed to get together with friends for a party for the first time in a year, now weā€™re adults and everyone has things to do, so these get-togethers are much appreciated. Today I started preparing and organizing

4 Likes

I went to workā€¦I am still not sure if that was a good idea or not :rofl:

1 Like

Girlfriend got our Halloween centerpiece ready and I worked on the listening room some more, prefer the subs in the corners. I intend to do a small write up on this entry Sony system and what Iā€™ve learned soonā€¦

3 Likes

No joke, I ripped off a 10 minute drum solo at a clinic put on by a company I endorse and Mike Portnoy said I have the fastest hands he has ever seen and wants to talk to me about drumming on a side project heā€™s doing where heā€™s lead vocals and rhythm guitar. It was crazy to hear one of my heroes say that. Iā€™m still in shock. My solo was pretty epic though! I was just feelinā€™ it today. :drum::drum::drum::drum::drum::metal::metal::metal::metal::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

11 Likes

Right On !