What did you do today?

Weekend trip to Lake Placid, taken from the top of the ski jump.

6 Likes

went for a walk. took some cool pics of sidewalks, old scientist statues and natural sceneries of the park.

9 Likes

Cool…oh love those ornamental cabbages too :+1:

1 Like

thanks, the cabbages add nice color contrast i like them too.

1 Like

I work primarily in a lab environment and there has been some heavier equipment coming through for prototype/PoC type work and some of them are a little noisy. I know they are not gonna stay in there, but it’s kind of a pain in the butt right now. I was bumming at the concept of wearing earphones all day. Then it hit me… I have the Topping MX-3 at home and it’s idle! So I brought it, all needed cables and the Elegia in there and hooked them up this morning. Sweet Bliss! :sunglasses: I am always amazed at how good this little MX-3 sounds. Turns out, the Elegia pairs nicely with it as well. :metal:t2:

3 Likes

Had a minor collision with Bugs Bunny with my daily car last night. I caught him…
Well some pedestrian safety features deployed so i asked it to be towed to dealership. Yeet for insurances.
Just received a txt this morning that it’s been towed. Will see how the process continues on Monday.

1 Like

Been locked down on the barge due to soooo much rain it’s been manic but we’re safely moored up on a canal section now :pray:

7 Likes

Threw my new pb last night during league.

3 Likes

Congrats, that is awesome. Where was your line? Are you an outside guy (5-10 board) or an inside shooter (10 board and in)?

Standing 26-27, aiming for 15-16 with the break point probably 4-5.

2 Likes

That is a nice line. Not overly aggressive but hits with a lot of power. Blows 'em back to the pit nicely! I used a similar line with success. I used to get a solid 8 pin every so often, but it was a more consistent approach over that big, swinging attack from the outside. The outside line was more fun and definitely more dramatic, but I left too many 10 pins with that line. This was all dependent on how they groomed the lanes, of course. I used to carry 4 balls with me! :smile:

1 Like

I have 6 that come with me to league. I’ll typically start more down and in and move left as the lanes break down. I got lucky last night with being able to throw on the same line the entire game without having to adjust which never happens.

1 Like

This was Jun. 23 post.

It’s been like 6 months and a buyer had been found.
He actually paid upfront so thats nice.
Tomorrow little Dolby, Auro and DTSx demos and testing that they are 100%.

Might be wanting new tv-speakers now. :grin:
Downsized HT has 3 identical front speakers LRC with ± 1.5db to 30Hz and only one sub with ± 1.5db to 15Hz range but might lose ~5db at 3m/10ft in long term SPL but short term SPL still is 104db. So in my books that is loud enough.
Think i will survive this downsize for now?

3 Likes

goldarnit! why do you keep asking me this when I’ve only just woken up?!?!?

Yeet!
Received a txt-today. My daily Audi has been repaired and i can pick *her up.
Finished work early today, called a taxi and got my baby back. Good as new.
Just under 4k$ damages in total cause of that wascally wabbit.
Insurances for the win next yearly bills aint looking that bad.

3 Likes

Ouch! So much for a small animal not causing too much damage. I remember during rider training the topic of evading animals in the road came up and the directive was “As to whether to try and evade is concerned, the general rule of thumb is… if it fits on a dinner plate, just run over it.” True story! I have notched a few Squirrels etc. in my day. Thankfully I never went down as a result. I guess the advice was sound.

Anyway, glad you got your baby back. Enjoy!

2 Likes

$4k? Was that Wabbit old and made in Germany? :wink:

1 Like

Something in the area: bumper 1k$, painting 1k$, pedestrian safety hood charges + wires + hood hinges, 2* bumber grills, washer pipes all around 800$ all and labor (uninstallation & installation) 800$ and repair inspection. Something like that.

Weather -21c / -5.8 degrees. Speed 40 / 25mph to a running wabbit (European hare) 4kg / 9 pounds biggest ones are 7kg / 15 pounds.
Something will break. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just looked 'em up. A fairly good-sized little beastie, eh? One of these guys would make a good meal. I get it now. Here are a couple that have inexplicably decided to dance it out!

:laughing:

2 Likes

Wow those ARE big. I get it now. Our cottontails run about a pound and
flatten out pretty easily! Much better when hunted and properly cooked!! :sunglasses:

4 Likes