What did you do today?

No just the normal ear ringing, unfortunately.

I get mine tonight.

1 Like

Thats what they want you to think, before you know it notification your soundbar is 10 stops away.

1 Like

wups… i think i just ordered a new daily driver…
How did that happen again! lol

1 Like

Oh boy, it begins again. End game dac acquired.
https://www.rme-audio.de/adi-2-dac.html

2 Likes

I did this earlier, a parody song that I have made about playing FGO or gacha games in general while using Pixies’ Here Comes Your Man. Don’t expect much hifi recording from this and it’s kind of funny it got copyright claimed lol even though I did the lyrics for the parody, the guitar tracks and vocals for it. YouTube’s shit nowadays but whatever.

1 Like

Finally, i managed to get the auxiliary heater working with call/txt support.
It look ~10h total figure everything out but now it works.
Day 1 - figuring out where the mobile unit is. Only to find out the sim-card was not activated…
So that was a good 2-3 hours.
Day 2 - Finding a old phone and triple check that sim and data works.
Then troubleshoot why the heater still did not work and reading the manual. Another 3 hours…
Day 3 - Finding out the heater might be locked… but call side worked. The unit responded and asked for code? Nothing still worked. Even called the heater dealer, what’s the deal. Everyone was talking about a sim-cards pin-code. Called the car dealer to figure out from the previous owner about the code. End result “no code was used” and sim-cards needs to be open… only 1.5-2h and testing different sim-cards and codes.
Day 4 - Still nothing worked. After triple checking everything. The heater unit must have security code and previous owner had changed it. Unit is possible to reset at heater dealer or figuring the code out. Another call to car dealer and asked them to force the fuking code out of the previous owner. Few calls back and forth.
Aaaaand finally the dumm fuck gave the code to the car dealer and he called back.

So finally it works. I can call or txt and heater and it starts.
Put everything back and under the dash, 2h work time.

Main thing is the damm thing works and that was the main reason i bought the car in the first place.

Uninstalled aftermarket sub setup from my car and installed the factory sub back.
Next task would be to uninstall modified mirror panels with tweeters and try to fit them under the original panel or find away to install them other ways.

I’ll just continue this topic myself. :slight_smile:
So today i uninstalled the modified mirror panels and installed the Focal tweeters under the original cover. Worked nicely at the end, few problems had to bee solved.

Cleaned the floor mats. Rubber ones cured and fabric ones got washed.

Also detail washed my dad’s E series Merc. Tar and iron remove etc.
Tomorrow would be the wax on wax off day or… could use a faster polymer&wax combo. would be much less work and windows need protecting lub also.
Maybe detail clean my own cars interior… or leave that to be done on actual wash day.

3 Likes

1 Like

I feel you. The commute in here was hell. There was a two dog pileup in the hallway. I was 30 seconds late getting to my desk…

1 Like

Ive been big into car care. I would spend days doing:

1. Wash with dawn
  2. Clay bar
  3. Wash with car soap
  4. Dry
  5. Wax on
  6. Wax off
  7. Repeat waxing at least 1-2 more times
  8. Seal
  9. Do glass
  10. Plastic trim and tire dressing

That would be 8+ hours on one day. Interior the next day.

To help my last car i ceramic coated but tbh it never shedded like its advertised. I will 100% do a clear bra again. It protects and makes cleaning easier

2 Likes

Same here. I like doing this in slow phase and usually cleaning & washing is day 1, protection on day 2 and interior on day 3.
I could easy spent my time (if money was no issue) just detailing and cleaning cars. Maybe 2-3 cars per week or so. Maybe could take small fee to cover the material costs, the good stuff usually cost’s.

The Merc is done for today and dad was happy. He did not want to take it out of garage, nice to have clean car and i can relate to that.
Need to give my bad back a break for today. Tomorrow interior detailing and washing my car on sale. Think i’ll leave the daily car for next weeks project.

1 Like

The interior always gave my back the run so good luck tomorrow. Also post pics!

did you find the sound to change substantially with fresh pads?

1 Like

Me? no i needed a cat-back swap for that.

Oh you mean the hd6xx. Mmmm not much but i remembered how much comfort was missed and the squeeking as it molds around your glasses for the first few days.

I managed to wash the car and do a interior cleanup.
There is still some surface contamination on paint but have to leave that to another time. Same thing after last winter but that’s nothing big. Have a great Tar remover product that did the trick last time, few spray’s few minutes of “bleeding” and wipe after and another wash… but then it’s smooth and clean.
It had a ceramic coating done after 2-step polishing.

So this pretty much is the starting point.
On top of the side mirror, there is plenty of dust and dirt, pretty much so did the rest of the car.

And this where it ended.

Next it’s the daily’s turn for attention in next week.

4 Likes

“bleeding” that sulfer smell

Didn’t get around to wash my cars, but at least i got to change from winter to summer tiers on the Honda Civic. My other car, a BMW i3 has it tiers at the dealer, so that will have to wait. But i still have to get my mums car over to change tiers on hers too.

After 2 months of no move due to the river/canal being on red boards due to high flow (ie not allowed to move) then another 2 months on UK lockdown…we’ve moved the IEM barge :metal: feeling blessed :pray: home for the next two weeks :om:

10 Likes