What did you NOT buy today?

I’m sorry, what?

Are you saying the X00 PH don’t have quality bass (which personally offends me, good sir) or are you saying their bass is too high quality?

2 Likes

Lol oh I meant, the bass would be too high quality for my trash taste for wet sloppy bass. Decided it would be too good and I had to move along… And luckily I found a pair of hemps!

1 Like

I did not buy a pair of Sundara’s today… Then I did again… Then I took them out of the cart again… Then…Oh shit, I gotta go over to the other thread! :grin:

4 Likes

Don’t you go calling the Hemps sloppy now, lol.

Nevertheless, I’m glad yet another person gave Grado a chance.

1 Like

Lawd help me

3 Likes

here’s the thread and where my head is at: So you want to go balanced?

1 Like

Those d8000 Pros on headfi for 3100. Got a bit too.much tied up in other gear I have to offload before I can jump that deep again. In other news, I kinda hated arya, turns out I just listen far too quiet for them to open up. So at least I understand what the hype is about even if they aren’t for me

I’m not buying this today… but if it’s still there tomorrow morning I’m liking putting in an offer.

7 Likes

There is an open box demo Hegel h190 that i really want for $3300. I keep telling myself that the used market for this in the US is pretty thin so i should grab it, but i also dont know when ill have the place to use it and set it up.

4 Likes

Well it’s a new day and I bought it fellas! Wish me luck as I dip my toes in the water for tubes. Will post pics in the bought today thread once it arrives later this week.

7 Likes

If I ever get the urge to get deeper into the speaker setup, Hegel is at the top of the list of names I’m looking at. But like you said, they don’t show up used very often at all, which is also a good sign

1 Like

Yes, they give good power, good current, huge dampening, and the sound is supposed to be well received. They look nice to me but features are a little minimal but that slack can be taken up elsewhere. I want to use them for some lrs and khl speakers…
But another reason i did not buy was i would really like to audition before buying that high a grade.

1 Like

I had a H160 driving my Maggies and likely will buy it back at some point. Never go a chance to try headphones via the speaker taps but it’s on my future wish list to try.

1 Like

I mean i coouuuld use it for that, and setting up and testing the streaming before transferring to a house… But i also dont know if the $3.3k price is good, bad, or average. And i dont think all the used ones on the swede markets have their prices translate well to USD

That walnut top is very nice.

Last night, I clicked buy on an iDSD Nano Black Label, and then spent the evening enjoying listening to some IEMs on my XD-05 Plus. In the morning, the Black Label hadn’t shipped yet and I cancelled my order.

(EDIT: If you buy/plan on buying the XD-05 Plus, I highly recommend rolling the op amp. It took me a few tries to get an op amp I really liked, but every op amp I swapped to was better than stock.)

3 Likes

Do it the BL is dope :+1:

That streaming services are providing hi-def audio

Anybody wanna go halves on a WA 33 elite? You can have it for the summer and I’ll take it in the winter to help heat my home…

3 Likes

Ahh. The things I will never own or hear. Using that in 34C temps sounds like a good way to give myself a heat stroke lol.

1 Like