What did you NOT buy today?

I was originally after a 3080, then I caved and bought a 3090 because they were “easier” to get a hold of and I had hadn’t stimulated the economy after already receiving check number 2…

They’re not as obscene in woofer mode.

1 Like

I’d jump at chance for founder’s edition 3090 at this point. Even though it’s a terrible deal compared to the $700 3080. If I knew it’d still be this bad 6 months ago I would have done the same as you. Oh well. Maybe I’ll get lucky when the 3080 Ti comes out. Maybe there’s where all the high end chips have been going. Lately, there’s hardly been any 3080 restocks. Worst case scenario is I buy from EVGA 6 months later when it’s my turn in line

I’m still in queue for a 3080 FTW3 as well. Don’t remember when I signed up though…

Hello,
What’s on the wish list
Coax cable,Headphone cable for the Lcd 2C,6,3 mm jack plug.
Would be $200 away again :see_no_evil:also we wait a bit.

Gonna be a bit opinionated with my explanation. Although it shouldn’t need to be said, I will preface this with the whole “these are my opinions and how I came off feeling about it all” comment.

I decided to cancel my order for a Jotunheim 2 and Bifrost 2 today. Here is why…

I recently put an order in to schiit for the aforementioned gear a couple weeks back. Hearing everyone rant and rave about it being “the best amp dac combo for under $1100 USD”. I was pretty apprehensive because in all honesty this purchase was a lot for me to spend right now. Yes I know that you shouldn’t spend money you don’t have, but I’m an impulsive person and this was something I foresaw as an “end game purchase”. Long story long; I hit the 2 week mark and checked on my delivery status. All it displayed was “Status: Bifrost 2 ships 7-10 days”. Well its been 13 days, whats up? Cut to my emailing CS yesterday. I receive an email that says and I’m paraphrasing here " Due to an unforeseen delay. Your order will ship May 27th". To me this is a significant issue and one I felt should have been relayed to any customers affected. After a couple more emails detailing my annoyance with the lack of communication; I decided to cancel my order. The reason? It came down to feeling like the company didnt care enough about me as a customer. It all came across as “you should be happy we even allowed you to buy our magnificent product because we are so much better than you” at least in feeling. Now I know they have a CS team of like one person and that we are all human and fallible, but a simple “We regret to inform you that your order had been delayed until May 27th. We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this unforeseen delay” would have retained my order. Im sorry to fume here guys, but I spent $1600 CAD + whatever UPS brokerage and duty is, I feel its justified to expect a better customer forward attitude than was received. My money will now most likely go into a set of Argon MK3 and maybe in a couple months a set of Focal clear MG.

TLDR: Schiit has shit customer side interaction and retention. Canceled my Bifrost 2 and Jotunheim 2 and probably wont go back because of this. I apologize if im coming off as an entitled douche, but I’m a bit of a fickle bitch when it comes to who I chose to business with and customer service retains me better than just having a good product.

5 Likes

Ah yes I was also close to purchasing one of these as well. I was only a bit short off the asking price… By like $4.6mil. But im saving all my pocket change, so fingers crossed :rofl:

1 Like

I had this concern too. But they do perform out of warranty repairs and were very nice and informative when i asked about getting my set of Anandas. Like Apple levels of CS here.

So I have to say that as a repeat Schiity customer, I have never had an issue until recently. Their parts are strung out everywhere and there are MASSIVE import delays right now. They are not the only company having issues and really it is an issue getting everything into the US that comes across the water.

Also if you feel this way about Schiit… this hobby will not be kind to you moving forward with lack of patience. Just ask anyone with early exposure to Mass Drop.

1 Like

Or buying Magnepan speakers. 3 month wait.

I can see where you are coming from. Its not the wait, but the lack of transparency about delays. I take it as an indication of potential future interactions with this company. I don’t doubt the quality of the products. I’m just a bit turned off dealing with a company that can nonchalantly forget to update customers on a critical delay in shipping. I had a time frame is all and I was told one time and they changed it and didnt tell me. I think I like feeling like I have supported a company that cares about me and what has transpired has proven to me to be the opposite.

Sorry to poop on Schiit. I know 9/10 people probably have a good experience and im sure you have had a great time dealing with them. Im just bummed out that this is how it went down with them. Oh also I kinda despise the owner after watching his QA video on this issue. He just sits there and sips his wine and comes off as condescending. I dunno man Im weird about this stuff. Sorry for being confrontational about this stuff.

Here is the clip of the owner that I am referring to:

1 Like

I almost did the same thing a few days ago. Decided to start a little lower instead. If I really get into the whole headphone listening thing again and want to upgrade, then I’ll get those.

1 Like

almost committed to this piece of cardboard. but thought better of it. Best to wait until the plague is over.

https://shop.tcgplayer.com/magic/iconic-masters/necropotence

So as far the lack of transparency… literally they are in the same boat. Pun fully intended.

1 Like

You know, when I saw this the first time I was put off as well. The whole wine snob thing didn’t go down well. At first. Then I watched it again. And I realized - Man, these guys are in a spot. In some regards, it’s a nice problem to have - lots and lots of folks want your schiit! But the challenges are tough, and I don’t envy the position they are in now. They know people are pissed. If I were him I would be drinkin too! it’s going to take a while for them to dig out. I was lookin at their schiit too, but decided I didn’t want to be stuck in the damned queue.

So I’m pulling back. I have decided to let the market calm the F down. It’s like a feeding frenzy out there now! LOL! I might try and get a few little things, like that USB re-locker. But for the bigger ticket items, I’m gonna pass for now. I can wait and not have a credit card bill with nothing to show for it.

4 Likes

Yeah I think I’m gonna jump in that boat with you too haha. It’s all a bit messed up right now so it would probably be best to wait it out.

Wait until you order your first ZMF headphone… you’re in for a treat… 17 weeks.

1 Like

Not bad if I know the wait time going into it. Even if it is delayed, so long as they tell me about it without my prompting them then I’d be happy to wait. I’m a temperamental person when it comes to stuff like that. It’s a respect thing for me. And I feel I was disrespected. Coulda happened to anyone, but it happened to me. Maybe if I had heard this stuff before hand and was craving it, I might be inclined to let it slide. I’m buying into a product that is the price of a new MacBook or a flight to Japan based on hearsay alone. Sorry man I had a bad time and I have no sympathy or patience for a lack of communication here.

I feel like I’m saying this over again but I don’t hate the products, it’s the attitude. Sorry to derail this thread with my BS guys. This ones on me if it’s putting a sour damper in the room here. I’ll stop complaining and let others talk about their stuff or rather lack of it :shushing_face:

I’m glad you started this thread. It’s easy to feel pressure to spend money in this hobby. Nice to get a little reward and share in exercising a little restraint. For me, I wanted to buy an Airist R2R today and didn’t… but only because someone got to it before me :frowning:

6 Likes