What did you watch today?

Just watched a four hour movie in black and white:
Zack Snyder’s Justice League: Justice is Grey.

A little slow and definitely could have been shorter, but pretty good.

I love TCM movies so it was kind of fun to watch a big budget film in black and white. :+1:

Weird to see a modern movie shot in 4 X 3 instead of widescreen.

1 Like

Watched The Matrix Resurrections last night. Do yourself a favor; don’t…

2 Likes

:laughing: that means the ATMOS bluray mix is going to be awesome.

Let’s see how this pans out…

Saw it on my 2.1, as straight story its like all the other ones lot of karate chops and now blue hair.

Damn, I’ve been meaning to get into the original trilogy, but haven’t decided to watch it yet.

Last watch The Witcher S2. It was pretty great, and by that I mean like 7-8/10, but honestly 8 episodes is too little for me at least. I’d like to see seasons with 10-12 episodes, more of a story arc, than a quick storm through the screen play.

I wholeheartedly agree. This season was way too short

HBOMAX

Station eleven 5/10

landscapers 8/10

Ballad of Buster Skruggs on Netflix. It’s a series of novellas all set in the American Old West & contains elements of Cohen brothers type comedy & in the title episode; a singing cowboy gun slinger. His horse is named Dan.

Bosch is a great police detective series on Amazon Prime. It’s got a bit of everything; humor, tragedy, action, suspense.

Bad Batch & Mandalorian on Disney+ seem pretty good to me.

I mostly stick to comedy, under the circumstances of modern times. Old comedies are the best comedies. Its amazing they havent been cancelled yet by the woke mob.

1 Like

Found a true classic from Disney. :laughing:
Oh the laughs! :rofl:

The tender bar. 8/10

Watched THIS!

This turned out to be a better production than I figured it would be. Props to Kevin Costner, they are doing a very good job with this series.

1 Like

latest episode of The Expanse.

2 Likes

Watched “The frech dispatch” yesterday…

I really like Wes Anderson films as he has an unique style of both visuals and camerawork. He has lots of eccentric characters and somewhat elaborate dialogue. Mostly his films are cute, whimsical and quirky. The french dispatch i felt scored high on the style of the visuals, but lacked a bit of the whimsical and funny, though it was quirky enough :wink: The movie is divided into 3 main parts, and for me last part was probably the closest to what i expected of this movie. For me, it was one of the weaker Wes Anderson movies, but still an enjoyable experience.

Im watching but the set pieces take me out of the show. You can tell the film crew went hog wild with the lowes store card.

Watched Sing 2 with the fam - really enjoyed it.

2 Likes

Might be late to the party, I just discovered this 2015 show in December, but I recommend Defiance (on Amazon). It’s a Western-themed sci-fi, no elements I could call “woke” in it (nothing about pronouns or genders), and lots of well-developed characters that really grew on me. I hope they continue it someday.

Peacemaker 8/10

1 Like

I was surprised to see a series about Peacemaker after he was killed off as a bad guy in the movies.

1 Like

If I remember correctly there was an end credit scene showing Peacemaker surviving