What headphones can i get as an intro to audiophile world?

Well i guess when i get the fiio, I’ll let you know.

Sure thing, the 6xx should be fine off a laptop or phone for now, but it will really open up with a proper amp

1 Like

Hey @M0N what do you think of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpAcf6KwfmQ

1 Like

Oh boy lol, that guy is a bit mental, really take everything he does with a grain of salt. Don’t know what’s going on over there, I don’t know a single person who has experience would agree with some of the stuff he says in that video

2 Likes

oooohh I’m glad I contacted you. xD

1 Like

Actually we had a thread on this lol

2 Likes

Yeah out of all the reviewers I have bumped into reading or watching reviews of Oluv is by far my least favorite I don’t learn or absorb anything with his shit

1 Like

Sorry to keep bugging you xD But I think maybe the reason of this distortion is because the kz has a microphone jack?? If that is the case, I could get away without buying a dac, and just get the magni heresy as you suggested.

Edit: Yeah I just tried adding one of those audio splitters to see if it was the wire. Music plays fine, no distortion, even at increasing volume. Advise me @M0N

1 Like

Hmmm didn’t think about that being the case, glad you figured it out lol. If you wanted to fix that cheap, you could just grab a wire without a mic for cheap on Amazon.

2 Likes

Lol you forgot to answer what i was really looking for haha no worries. I was asking you if its worth getting a fiio k5 pro or should i just get an amp only since the macbook air onboard dac should be decent? Or should i do things properly and get the dac amp?

Yeah for the iems, i’ll probably get tripowin.

1 Like

Lol sorry about that. I would actually say go ahead and get the heresy, as imo it’s a better amp than the k5 pro, and also down the line you can grab a stand alone dac once you have the funds, a very solid option imo

2 Likes

Hahah no worries. I knew you would say something like that, kinda had to confirm though. I saw somewhere that you were saying the heresy was better than k5 pro. Now it’s confirmed lol. Should I dare ask what dac to use though? XD

Something like a topping d10 or smsl m100 is a good choice imo

1 Like

You’re a rockstar! Thanks! I’ll now write this stuff in my list of things to get for christmas haha. Have a nice day!

@M0N well this happened xD https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/88vr4j/hd_6xx_with_no_amp_no_dac_just_an_samsung_8/

I mean they can be run no problem and sound fine. A good amp and dac is just one of those things you have to experience to realize the difference. You don’t get an amp for pure volume, most headphones can get somewhat loud on a phone or something, but you won’t really be getting the most out of them tbh. Like I mention before, there are some headphones like the 58x that I don’t really recommend an amp with, but with more sensitive headphones (or higher end headphones too), a good amp can really improve your experience. You don’t really realize what you have been missing out on until you actually try stuff.

1 Like

Yeah! And I love getting to know these!! And as always you’re an incredible support!

Just wondering, have you pulled the trigger on the headphones yet?

Not yet, I am waiting till the end of this coming week. I’ll get it as a self reward if I feel like I’ve nailed my exams lol. But I will be getting the 6xx!

2 Likes

Good luck on your exams :+1:

1 Like