What IEMs are in your current rotation?

My ears are sore lol, just using headphones for now (Audeze Maxwell).

1 Like

Currently I’m mostly listen to:

• At home: Vulkan (my favorite), Sony A3 when I want bass slam
  • At work or for podcasts: Olina SE (my new favorite budget set)
  • For travel: Kiwi Quartet
5 Likes

I think it all comes down to curiosity, buddy. That’s my genuine assessment. The feeling of FOMO also takes great effect on people in this hobby. No doubt about it. I know it hits me pretty hard too with some releases.

5 Likes

Listened to EA1000 with moded nozzle and Heyday this evening. I am very impressed with EA1000. It is as technical as a planar driver. The bass guitar sounds incredible on EA1000- thick, rumbly and technical. Overall EA1000 sounds thicker and more natural compared to Heyday. The Heyday is still my favorite planar though.

4 Likes

Current IEM for Evaluation
Kinera Freya2
TIMSOK TS-316
Plunge Audio - Working Prototype
TRN BAX PRO

And just for pleasure
THIEAUDIO Oracle
ZiiGaat NUO

4 Likes

I hear ya there (literally), switched to mine (Sennheiser HD598cs) this evening since I have been jabbing my ears too much lately with these new IEMs I have been testing out. Time to let the ears “breath” a bit…

1 Like

I am a little jelly, I keep hearing lots of good stuff about those.

I still think my favorite cans are the Drop 58x, I always have a good time, despite them not being the most resolving.

2 Likes

7 Likes

Just got the KZ PR3 and they are really good. They’re better than the PR1 and much better than the PR2 which I hated. Tip rolling is a must for these. Medium nozzle size and either the Dunu S&S for silicone or Sonicfoam tips work best. Any tip with a soft sidewall isn’t going to sound right, they need a really good seal.
In headphone terms, I’d compare the PR1 to the Hifiman HE4xx and the PR3 is more like the Sundara.
To power them on the SMSL DL200 they take almost the same volume position as the HE5xx I use for a daily driver (neutral, comfy, easy to take on and off). They sound fun like a planar, but more refined than the PR1. I’ve got the 7hz Timeless AE here as well, and these are the value for money winner by a huge margin if you get a good price at Aliexpress.
Upper mids a little lifted, but not shouty, just a little more presence than neutral. Bass is fun but not overly done. They’re neutral-bright, upper treble reminds me of the Sundara a lot. You need current for these, a phone or onboard sound won’t do the job. An Apple USB 3.5mm adapter would be minimum just for the extra push. SMSL M300SE on the 4.4mm is excellent for these, that can power the HE5xx, so it can handle these also. Mids aren’t recessed, and soundstage is just right sized. If you have the PR1 or PR2 it’s a worthwhile upgrade. Oh and the nozzle size is standard, I have a huge box of different tips and they fit right on them without fuss.

My TWS rotation:
Galaxy Buds2 Pro with Moondrop Spring tips
Sony WF-C500 with Azla Max tips
Sennheiser CX with Azla Short Light tips
Fiio UTWS3 with Dunu Titan S and Fiio FH3 with Azla tips
Fiio FW3 (lost the charging case) so sidelined until I can get a new case :rofl:

Post-NOBstorm edition - not a “best of” list, just where I’m at:

Oriveti OD200
Artti R1
Sony N3
Modded (a la M. Bruce) Letshuoer D13 peq’d seven ways to Sunday
7hz Legato

2 Likes

Only two for me and I’m still trying to determine if that’s too many for my taste.
View recent photos1010

1. U12T, of course
  2. Thieaudio Monarch MK2
5 Likes
  1. SR DTE900 ( end game for me ) :1st_place_medal:
  2. IE600 ( in love )
  3. HYPE2 ( fun )
  4. SA6 MK2 ( very good full BA )
8 Likes

PENON Quattro
Theiauduo Oracle OG
Sound Rhyme DTE900
Simgot EA500LM for evaluation and feedback
PULA PA02

All are bangers

8 Likes

I’m hooked on the Simgot EA1000.
If I want a change I switch to the Penon Fan 2.
Other days I just pick a random IEM from my collection…probably KZ ASX comes in 3rd place.

I keep hearing the Simgot EA500LM is going to surpass the EA1000, but I’ll believe it when I see it.
It may be almost as good at a lesser price, but I find it hard to believe it’s going to be better.

5 Likes

Artti trio (R1, R2, T10).

2 Likes

I was the king of the cheapos earlier this year, rocking with the Truthear Hola and the 7Hz Salnotes Zero OG. But one of the guitarists in our band was curious about better sound than wireless earbuds, so I brought the Holas and Zeros to rehearsal and let him hear. He preferred the Zeros, so I gave them to him.

Still enjoy the Holas for a $25 set. Why did Truthear discontinue them? Redesign or second version, hopefully?

Decided to add a second set around $100 or less. Testing the Truthears Crinacle x Zero Red, Letshuoer Galileo and Simgot EA500 LM.

Crin Zero Reds have fantastic tuning for $55. The EASY recommendation for a sub-$50 IEM (give or take $5). But I’m returning them for one reason – the nozzles are so long that they feel like they’re piercing my brain. Uncomfortable. Now I know Etymotics are NOT for me even though I’ve never tried one, as Etys go even deeper than the Crin Red Zeros.

So, it’s down to the EA500 LM and the Galileo. I’m leaning toward the EA500 LM. A more energetic set with a wider sound spectrum. Warm but with good detail without being V-shaped. The Galileo has better timbre and is really lovely through the mids, but it lacks bass and treble extension, which crams too much into the midrange. I also think vocals are a bit shouty when in a busy mix.

If you live for vocal, strings, acoustic or other midrange-focused music, the Galileo is superb for around $100. But that’s only a small slice of my music collection, so I think the EA500 LM will be a much better all-arounder and provide a nice alternative to the sound of my daily over-ear driver, the HD 6XX, and what I hope will be my next over-ear purchase, the ZMF Aeolus.

2 Likes

Kinera Imperial Verdandi- a better DTE900?
EPZ Q1 PRO
Celest Putas Beast
iBasso T3-154
Alpha & Delta TWS x 2

8 Likes

Ohhh when did you get the verdandi?

1 Like

A few days ago not much time on them yet but I like them over my loved DTE900, this set is on loan but I wull be buying a set in black

4 Likes