What IEMs are in your current rotation?

I mean that’s big! Its outside my price range but I may be on the lookout for a used set. I really liked the Loki. Have you tried those? I’m wondering if the shell is smaller on the verdandi cause the Lokis could get uncomfortable after a couple of hours

2 Likes

New sets recently added to my daily rotation:

• HeartMirror Pro: different than og HM but for most people it would be an upgrade. Tonality is “normal” and soundstage is the best part, out of head sensation. Personally, it replaces Olina SE in my collection.
  • Acoustune RS One: this one was a surprise. Looking at the graph I was expecting a dumpster fire but in fact I really dig it. The sub-bass roll off is real and the soundstage is just ok but everything impresses me. Fit and build is top notch, cable is serviceable. Bass has a lot of details and impact, vocals are clear, well positioned and with great presence without being shouty or overly warm and not recessed somehow. Treble has accurate timbre, no sibilance and a lot of resolution for the price. $150 of price makes it a good choice but one can find this at $100 it’s a slam dunk. This will become my new daily beater and will replace sets like the Olina SE, HeartMirror Pro and Zero, Quarter and Tanya DSP.
  • VE Bonus IE Pro: good basshead bullet set. This will due while I save for Singularity.
  • Hi-Fri Aphex: I was able to buy this one used, and I’m glad I did. Fit is a pain, the shell is big and the nozzle angle is strange. Sound wise, it’s a mild V shape set with low pinna and great resolution for the price. Timbre is accurate and bass has a lot of details and impact.

6 Likes

Current rotation the last weeks, can often be influenced by loans or reviews for me.

Oriveti OH700VB - Been a lot in my ears due to the review, but also since I grew to really love the sound. Subwoofer like bass and airy extended treble, forgiving midrange that’s still detailed.

Hisenior Mega5EST Anniversary - Surprised me in some ways, found it to be an improved AüR Aurora. Clearer sound, better bass impact and more open highs.

TIMSOK TS-316 - Did a review before new year, but haven’t stopped use it any less after. Energetic and fun sound, in way similar to some Simgots but better for me.

Simgot EA500LM - Maybe not the best Simgot from technical standpoint, but perhaps the most fun and rich sounding of them.

7 Likes

Yes I have tried the Loki. A wicked IEM
I kinda prefer the tuning on this one for my tastes. The sheels are large as well on the Verdandi I wont lie.

3 Likes

Actually have a black Kinera Verdandi on order, its shipped after the China new year celebration. :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

Sweet Take some pics so I can get pumped up. Love the sound of this IEM

I think they chose a black matching cable from Flash Acoustics as well but I haven’t see a photo

2 Likes
  • Shortbus Audio Nobody and Fat Goober: My bespoke tuned S12s from Michael Bruce that cover my TOTL and basshead needs respectively
  • Plunge Unity and Kinera Skuld: Covers my low-pinna gain, midcentric needs; Unity is the ultimate monitor, Skuld is more relatively v-shaped
  • Oriolus Isabellae and modded KBear Rosefinch: Isabellae is a wonderfully tuned V-shape 1DD and when I don’t wanna take a $600 IEM out in public, modded Rosefinch has identical tonality for $20 and a mesh filter change
  • Dunu Vulkan and Simgot EA1000: My neutral-bright(ish, imo) sets. Vulkan more sub-bassy, EA1000 more midbassy.
  • Kinera Celest PhoenixCall & KBear Ormosia: Just a couple of $100ish and lower EDCs for general out-in-the-public light work

Yes, I searched out a decent amount of redundancies, but those ten sets cover about any use case I can throw at my music.

I’m satisfied :smiling_face:

11 Likes

Hisenior Mega5EST Anniversary - just a really good value tribrid that’s been my daily driver for some months, warm neutral. Not the best set but doing nothing really wrong, love to use it for music exploring.

Venture Electronics Grand Duke - the grand sounding Duke, single dynamic driver with a large and thick sound. Not the most technical or fastest set, sort of a guilty pleasure set.

634ears Miroak-II Cocobolo - also a single DD, similar to the tuning of Simgot in a organic and more warm fun way. Totally adore the set, took over the spot for my Penon Serial as my allrounder IEM one year ago.

Campfire Audio Bonneville - the set that’s been my favorite since I got it, 1DD and 3 BA hybrid. On paper tuned a similar to the Grand Duke, but sound so different due to a more technical and speedy sound. Bassy and visceral and never tiresome, good for a lot of music but definitely my metal king :crown:

16 Likes

We must imagine Sisyphus happy

9 Likes

Seeing that price and the scrolling down and seeing their slogan:

Is that… really the price? I know VE do some great value things, some overpriced things, and have eccentric leadership… but this seems a bit beyond the pale unless it’s a placeholder price to stop people buying it without a particular code or membership or something?

2 Likes

Yes very pricey, I believe the sVIP members of Venture Electronics pay less.

Is it worth over 1k? Don’t think so, sound is very subjective and it’s hard to justify the cost of expensive single DDs. But for some it might be.

I do love the Grand Duke, it was a gift from a dear friend.

3 Likes

That one is still cheaper than this. :joy:

https://www.jvc.com.hk/en/products/ha-fw10000-s312

(2000 usd msrp iirc.)

4 Likes

Someone had a cool rehoused as a UIEM version of those on Head-Fi for a lot less for quite a while at one point, if I’m remembering right.

Bit risky to change the housing shape completely, maybe especially on a single DD setup. They did look nice though, whatever they’d had done to them.

EDIT: This was the set:

Sold: JVC fw10000 re-shell earphones | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org

1 Like

That looks sus af…

1 Like

Ok then if it’s so sus, why does it have a parrot on it?

Check mate!

6 Likes

2 Likes

Haven’t been around much as I continue my cool down from my initial sprint into the hobby. Use case is king these days.

In the office, it’s earbuds all the way baby - Riku GAS3 logs easily the most time, with TGXear Totem logging the next most time and Yincrow RW2000 getting some change-of-pace outings, and K’s Earphone Bell-LBBs coming in towards the end of the day because they are the most comfortable fit for my earholes.

Walking time has increased greatly with the somewhat improving weather as I ramp back up to 6 miles a day. My (finally, lol) modded Rosefinch are just fine for city walks, but that rat’s nest of a cable just had to go.

On the train it’s been all Hades - nothing else can compete with the train noize at sane listening levels - fun factor is high and “critical” listening in that environment is a laughable notion, so I’m content.

I keep meaning to do a deeper dive on IEMs (other than the Etymotic type spelunkers) that isolate well and sound good doing it. Frankly, everything I own is pretty lackluster in that regard afaic…

12 Likes

I’ve been away from the forums for a bit due to personal matters. Also been quite busy with retirement from current job and taking on more roles at home due to my wife’s schedule. Haven’t gotten a lot of time with my IEMs. Though that changed this weekend as things are winding down with work.

Thanks to some generous individuals in this forum, who provided me with numerous demos over the past year, I can confidently say these following six still reign supreme. They hit every aspect of my preferences and how I enjoy genres to be heard. Crazy to because these even beat out some mighty dogs in the games and few that were far more expensive.

XENNS UP - Still my killer for R&B. Absolutely love the intimacy of the smaller soundstage. Bass is clean and tight and has my top preference for bass texture. My only gripe is I want more bass in its style. If only their was another IEM with a darker treble presentation and a beryllium driver with a more elevated bass presence.

Shortbus Glamdring - Best for EDM. Mostly PsyTrance and Deep House. Its soundstage is just monster and the subbass is oh so sweet. It legit makes me fill like I’m trippin’ on some songs it’s so spacey.

Symphonium Meteor - I have yet to hear another IEM so suited for punk and pop punk. The midbass just rocks and brings so much liveliness to the bassist and drummer. I also think the BA drivers speed plays extremely well with the faster style of the music.

Air Audio Aurora - Absolutely jams on roots and cali reggae. The bass has a nice slower decay and good authority. Its approach is impactful but, gentle. Its treble is well tuned for the frequent rhythm guitar found in reggae that can often be distracting in other IEMs. It’s not an exciting tuning necessarily however, it’s relaxed mellow approach pairs perfectly to the mellow vibes a lot of the genre lays down.

P1 Max aka Panda - Mostly listen to anything vocal centric on these and my go to for country music. Only a few beers and night alone with it can truly put into words how a feel. It’s unfortunate the P1 Max came later in the planar wars and was overshadowed. Having tried nearly every planar release during the height of the war it was the only one that really stood out. With the exception of the modded S12s from Shortbus. It’s unfortunate that it appears later releases of it were retuned.

Shortbus Fat Earth - These bad boys stay around for the occasional times a metal session is needed. I can’t exactly articulate as to why. It’s just one of those things that to understand you need to hear them.

20 Likes

In my ears
Dita Acoustics Project M - great first listens

HIBY Project Ace

Myer-Audio SLIIVO SL41 love this 1+4

Xenns Mangird UP

Thieaudio Oracle

4 Likes

Cadenza4 is becoming my new daily iem. Pleasant and versatile.

5 Likes