What products has Z reviewed that you bought

FiiO X5 III
Mpow BH298
FiiO BTR5 original
Audio Technica ATH-M40x
Topping NX4 DSD
ifi NANO iDSD BL

There may be others too that he influenced the purchase of.

Z is entertaining to be sure and I wouldn’t always rely on him solely for a purchase (but that’s true of all reviewers) but he will often hit on otherwise granular aspects and outside-the-box uses, objective and subjective, that others don’t cover.

I would say of all of his reviews, the most valuable for me and probably very directly influenced me to purchase, were the reviews of the two BT adaptors, BTR5 and the Mpow, as it was inspiration to use these types of adaptors on regular headphones to turn them into BT cans. This probably would not have occurred to me independently and has really paid dividends.

The Mpow, with great value for the price, even with its basic SBC CODEC, is so small that it can be used as a BT adaptor in so many scenarios. And the FiiO BTR5 with its LDAC and Aptx-HD, instead of hunting around for a reasonably priced set of cans with these CODECS, you can just get this, use pretty much any set, and also have a pretty nice regular DAC that can be used portably too.

If I’m thinking about buying something I’ll generally watch or read as many reviews as possible. I’d say the one item that Z sold me on was the Ikko OH10’s though. But he was right and I’ve been happy with the OH10’s. His video hyped me up and I had to have them. When I first listened to them I was so impressed too. After only hearing KZ and cheaper IEM’s the OH10’s were my first try with something a little more expensive and they blew me away. Since then I’ve been steadily climbing the price ladder chasing better sound.

Other items I’ve bought that he’s also reviewed.

Focal clear MG
Koss/Drop Esp95x
KZ zs10 pro
Argon mk3
topping l30
topping a3o pro
topping dx3 pro
smsl su-8s
smsl sankrit 10th mk2
Blon bl-03
Tri Starsea
Tin Hifi P1
Moondrop Variations
HFM edition XS
Drop HD58x

2 Likes

B&W P7
Singxer SA1
World’s Best Cables XLR & RCA

Thats it.

Other stuff I got from WhatHiFi reviews, Tannoy XT8F, or NRD reviews, Anticable Level 3.1, or just taking a chance, Avantone CLA200.

I’m thinking about putting a dual mono Frankenstein headphone system together.
Something like this: my Samsung View>USB>Douk Audio U2 Pro>Optical>BlueRigger 1×2 Splitter>2× Optical>2× SMSL Sanskrit>2× twin RCA>2× Xduoo TA26>2× TRS>2×1 TRS coupler>F to F TRS adapter>Neumann NDH30.

I got the idea from Z Reviews. I might add a USB bridge if it would help more so than the Douk U2 Pro.

This is dependent on my house being sold.

2 Likes

Cool. Was this a Zeos vid? Id like to see this configuration when completed. Hell show a step by step.

Z had something different. In his he used 2 Sanscrit DACs & 2 solid state amps, but I don’t remember which amps. He might have also had some monoblock power amps running speakers. Its been a while since I saw that video.

I ordered a Gustard U18 USB bridge. I dont know if he used any usb bridge. I think he just runs optical right out of his Rassberry Pi thing, or whatever its called.

I’m just going to use a single Topping E50 DAC to begin fed optical by the U18.

1 Like

Separate DAC and AMP per channel? For headphones? It sounds like over complex. Im still a newbie. How will this improve on sound quality?

Thats what Z did. Im just using 1. It’s an experiment.

I remember buying the Tin T2 because of him, that’s was my introduction to the Chifi world. After that I bought the Blon bl 03 and the Thieaudio Clairvoyance, but I bought both before Zeos reviewed them.

I thought that was all, but while I was writing I am almost sure that I also bought the Argons because of Zeos shilling.

I am very happy with both purchases. Great price-performance ratio.

1 Like

I will give Zeos credit, he does enjoy the value propositions. I tend to still get his budget recommendations, just so I can recommend them to others later.

4 Likes

That’s true.

For example, with the Cascades, I got them used before watching his review. I do really love them, and they hit a soft spot on me, because they excel on electronic music… However I have to agree with Zeos when he said that they are more a 500$/600$ headphone, not a 900$ ones. He still has a good grasp on budget and price, even if he is surrounded by expensive stuff that he got for free.

2 Likes

Just bought the Geshelli J2 with AKM4493 chip , Topping A90D and going to get the HiVi Swans 3.1a kit and build myself some killer speakers. Thanks Z

Add the XDUOO Mt-604 as well lol

1 Like

Lindsol goldplanar GL2000 dual mag
Singxer SA1
Xduoo MT-604

2 Likes

I ordered the ikko oh10 but they are still in shipping. I also ordered the Thieaudio Oracle mk2 at the same time. The Oracles arrived in three days. So far they dont live up to the hype. The Tea 2 IEM I ordered way back just keep getting better. At first I knocked them due to fit. But ive since learned how to correctly “stick it in my ear”. The mid and even sub base just keeps improving. Im to new to this to understand how these just keep getting better. Its like they’ve become more expansive. Im waiting to see if that sensation of “its inside my head” like the Nana’s give.

1 Like

I just put the new Soft Ear UC tips on my OH10 and by far the best results yet !
I used one size done M instead of the L Crystal tips and get great isolation but better comfort don’t feel the weight of those meteorites!

I absolutely regret purchasing the Shanling EM5. Everytime i need to update anything, by default, i have to switch the entire unit back to English. I hate sounding this way but… if you going to sell to a market other than your home country, then please don’t have the unit switch back to language of the contry of manufacture. Sorry but i struggle with Mandarin. Also the print on screen is tiny. Also, the app is total crap. It wont allow me to sign up for an account to access and control the unit on my phone.
Another purchase regret is the Astel-Kern SP1000M. I don’t remember Z ever reviewing one though. It simply wont work with Tidal anymore.
My third audio regret is Tidal. I have the family plan with the premium service. $30/month. If i try playing certain songs it passes over them and plays the next song. I get either a “track is not allowed to stream” then why is it on your server? And why did it used to play with no problems. I dont know if artists are having issues with the streaming platform or weather the service provider is just lazy and dropping the ball. I cant even figure how to get other services on the Astel-Kern DAP. There are days when everything seems to not work. Very disappointing for the money audio people shell out.

1 Like

Recently one, although his impressions are your typical Zeos “Zeossationlism” on the item I am about to mention, but yeah there are parts from that video where I can say I can agree with him. That would be the Simgot EA500, I bought it because one I am curious about it. Two, it’s a brand that I have never heard of before and I am seeing a lot of great things written about it. And three, a new sound signature to listen to, and yes I am loving it so far and it’s insane value for its given price.

I haven’t purshased anything because of his reviews but I did purchase an item from him through his yard sale. It’s the KAEI Tap 1 and am currently listening to it from my Cayin N3 pro using LDAC from my phone streaming Tool with the Anole VX as the termination. Fantastic set up.

That Zeos has had an influence in my decision to purchase?
Kinera Nanna 1.0
Kinera Nanna 2.0 Imperial
World’s Best Cables, both RCA and XLR
Hart Audio Cables

Things that Zeos has reviewed, that I bought either before he reviewed them or his opinion was irrelevant to my purchasing them?
Sennheiser HD6XX
Focal Clear MG*
Schiit Modius*
Schiit Jotunheim 2*
FiiO FH3*
FiiO Q3
Ferrum Oor & Hypsos
Focal Utopia 2022

*Sold or given away

2 Likes