What video games are you playing?

Dota,csgo, fifa 2020

Shenmue. Playing from 1 - 3. Was my favorite game on the Dreamcast.

2 Likes

Currently back into ESO with the newest expansion that came out. Though haven’t even got to that yet.
Before that:
GTFO with a couple of friends. Brutal - love the game but man a single mistake is all it takes.
MHW quite a bit
Valheim till we got as far as we could in it’s current state
Grim Dawn (probably one of my all time favorite pc games in recent memory)

Honestly, back to Minecraft again.

1 Like

Started NFS Payback a few days ago, i’m enjoying it.
Besides that, a little bit of Quake Champions and CS:GO.

1 Like

I can just imagine you’re in a dungeon and pop * steam message * Hey Falenkor, I play COD, Hunnie Pop2: DOuble date, which DT 990 would be the best for stabbing my ear drum???

2 Likes

Dreamcast Gang

3 Likes

Just started playing probably my #1 most anticipated game on my backlog. The legend of heroes: trails in the sky I’ve been meaning for years to do a playthrough of this game, but always found reasons not to… Lol
the other day I decided just to say fuck it after hearing news of the zero and azure localization in the works. Planning on finishing the first game and then moving on to second and third chapter to finish off the arc, depending how long that takes I might or might not move on to trails of cold steel

1 Like

Just pre-ordered Diablo II Resurrected.

1 Like

Dreamcast all day! I love it. :smiley:

I recently installed a Terraonion MODE into my Dreamcast so I’ve finally been getting around to trying some of the Atomiswave ports. Metal Slug 6 and Rumble Fish 2 are actually pretty dang fun!

3 Likes

Fuck, the Taras Nabad master level (Doom Eternal) is hard. I got to the coin room and then had to take a break since it was kicking my ass. So far I like it other than the EXCESSIVE use of carcasses.

I’m still working on perfecting ULTRAKILL layer 4: Greed. The aesthetic, level design, and combat encounters are all similarly exceptional just like the rest if the game. The boss fight in particular is both a great challenge and also ends with one of the best set pieces I’ve ever seen/played. Sadly Minos prime is still kicking my ass.

I also started firewatch. Other than a few technical issues that were a bit harder to remedy than they should have been and the FOV being 55, I really like it. The environments are beautiful and the voice acting is stellar. Seriously, this is some of the best voice acting nice ever heard. It sometimes feels like it’s just real people talking and not actors reading a script.

Edit: If you are not familiar with ULTRAKILL, please check it out. It has a free demo on steam and is one of the best games I’ve ever played.

1 Like

COD sound engine seems to really like planar.

1 Like

Damn, I gotta catch up on my Boomer Shooters. Viscerafest is probably my most anticipated (in early access). Been re-playing Rage 2. Going for 100% achievement completion. Despite its many flaws (and the fact that I cannot recommend it), its a guilty pleasure much like the first game.

2 Likes

Vicerafest didn’t really grab me like ULTRAKILL and Doom Eternal. It feels like the challenge comes more from resource starvation and nearly instant death rather than the damage avoidance and resource management of Doom/ULTRAKILL.

I’ve only played Vicerafest for about an hour, so maybe I’m missing something, but it feels like any given damage can take up to 50 health but you can only ever regain 5 from each enemy. Compare that to Doom Eternal where you lose similarly high amounts of health very suddenly, but you can gain most of that back from a single enemy. Same for ULTRAKILL,l. Enemies do 25 damage with each attack but you can fully heal with one good shotgun blast in an enemy’s face.

Credit where credits due though, the movement, gunplay, visuals, music, and levels (that I’ve experienced) are are all great. It’s mostly just an issue of numbers. Damage too high, health/ammo too low. Sadly it seems like the dev wants the game to function like this since they’ve responded to steam forum posts saying they do not plan on altering the difficulty.

Did you play on the difficulty that said you’ll pick it due to not being able to swallow your pride? :stuck_out_tongue:

I should also add that Blood is my all time fave FPS and that game is absolute bullshit when it comes to hitscan.

1 Like

Firewatch is a great game. I thoroughly enjoyed playing it. It was like returning to a good movie each time I sat down to it.

1 Like

agreed firewatch is excellent and I dissagree with the popular sentiment regarding it that pointing it out is a spoiler.

1 Like

Haha gang gang.

1 Like

If you truly love blood, then you may very well love Vicerafest. I tried in the second hardest and the one below it. The second hardest exhibited the problems I mentioned while the one below it felt almost too easy.

I think it’s because the difficulty scales by adding more enemies AND making them move faster and do more damage AND reducing the resources you get.

Doom Eternal only speeds up the monsters and increases damage. ULTRAKILL only speeds up the monsters. This makes the mechanics and strategies fairly consistent from easiest to hardest difficulties but still makes the game harder by requiring you to perform faster and more precisely.

Vicerafest feels like you need to play entirely differently from one difficulty to the next. Maybe I’ll warm up to it once I learn it better hear after I beat Minos prime and Taras Nebed master level.

Eternal’s UV gave me Romero’s SIGIL vibes. Baits your expectations and pulls the rug. Loved every minute of it but knew it would garner mixed reactions. Definitely not for everyone. Was a bit disappointed with the difficulty nerf in TAG2, especially with the whole “wanted to make it accessible” excuse. Who is playing Eternal for the first time on UV on the second expansion?