What video games are you playing?

I’ve been playing The Outer Worlds. Was absolutely loving it, but then hit the level ceiling that I didn’t know existed. It’s kind of making me not want to continue. However up to that point I was absolutely loving it.

2 Likes

Going between Dark Souls and Bloodborne. Recently discovered PS Now which allows Bloodborne on PC.

2 Likes

Subbed back to ff14, lemnis gate is interesting, the ascent with friends… waiting on other games to update or come out like elden ring

2 Likes

I have been playing The Riftbreaker for the last couple weeks.

I also picked up Silicon Dreams, which is an android interrogation game. Think of it like a twist on the Blade Runner story.

I have been playing Hades and it is actually a great game despite it being hard in the first place, although it’s not so unforgiving as the usual roguelike games that I gave a try.

That game is one of those games that I actually had a blast playing, instead of the usual gaming nowadays that I just play to pass the time.

This thread died, which is surprising to me, so I will resurrect it.

I have been playing a bunch of The Last Starship lately. Think Rimworld and FTL combined. You get to make custom ship and try out different designs.

Dwarf Fortress is my other single player game lately.

I have been playing Grounded and Risk of Rain 2 with some friends. My wife wants to play Smalland, but it seems like a worse version of Valheim mixed with Grounded.

1 Like

Whenever a new season starts in Path of Exile, I always go on some of my best listening sprees. ARPGs are always great to relax to and take in music, as you don’t use your ears to focus on the in-game sounds much. Also I get to nerd out and theorycraft my build, which is always great.

Speaking of Valheim and the like, Necesse was a great game for my partner and me to play, as she loves Stardew Valley, and I’m more into the exploration, fighting and progressing my character. Surprisingly good indie game that mixes Terraria and Stardew Valley well, but with decent complexity to it too. Also costs like 7 dollars.

1 Like

Recently played the Resident Evil 4 Remake, and I must say it is one of the greatest examples on how to do a remake in video games along with the likes of the recent Dead Space Remake as well. I really enjoyed playing it and there are some scenes that this time actually made sense, though there are some bits that I am going to miss as well from the original RE4. I am not going to spoil but it’s really a ride to play it and man it felt freaking new to me even though I played the original.

2 Likes

Been playing the recent Fire Emblem games. Although they may not be the best of the franchise, really like the gameplay style.

Also, have been wanting to play the Dead Space remake, good to know people are liking it.

Still driving a lot of simracing, mostly iracing F3 championship at the moment.

I do play battlefield 2042 a bit. I was late to start playing that as the reports of lots of bugs at release made me hold off buying it. Bought it a few months ago during christmas, and been playing it regular since, though only just over 60 hours logged. Enjoy it for the most part, but sometimes you spawn in the sights of your opponent, and some times the teams are quite badly put together making for some uneven matches. Very annoying when you are on the loosing team at least :slight_smile:

1 Like

I recently got hooked on Path of Achra it a roguelike inspired by Rift Wizard, and it mostly a broken build simulator. The pixel art is top notch, and was all done by the single developer.

I tend to be very ADD about my video games, which is why I have over 500 games on my steam account. Once in a while one will really hit and stick.

1 Like

Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. You already know. This game is incredible. I don’t know if i’d recommend it for the quality of their sound design. Even still, one of the best games I’ve played in a long time.

1 Like

Have been grinding Darkest Dungeon 2 awesome game - pretty punishing but totally worth it (I just finished a deathless all acts run)

Mostly waiting on Diablo 4, Played both betas gameplay seems solid though im fairly conflicted on buying from blizzard, will probably pick it the base game (i hate MTX)

1 Like

Haven’t kept up, so only oldies and only occasionally:

• Counter-Strike 1.6 - when I feel like some mindless fast-paced action I will just pick a random fy_ map or some GunGame server and let’er rip.
    (Tried CS:GO, I was fine with it but for some reason the performance got really bad at one point on my previous PC, and I couldn’t fix it quickly so I shrugged it off and went back to CS1.6.)

• Shaiya, my 2011-2012 “Korean grinder” Lineage-style MMO which I picked back up in 2020 for pandemic escapism purposes. I kinda got shafted in terms of my hope to be able to run in open fields beneath blue skies in the game because the later game updates post-2012 apparently had ruined the look of the “dark faction” maps, giving them only grassless grey soil and depressing purple skies everywhere. Buut it still worked out for me, it scratched a lot of the social itch via the big pvp battles (tens vs tens of people, sometimes over 100 on each side) and the spending time at the auction house trading stuff or farming the few (one) remaining relevant dungeons in the game. Still playing it for the seasonal holiday-centric events (love the feel of the Christmas event every winter) and some monthly events where lots of people suddenly show up.
    I should mention this is not on the original publisher’s servers, those are almost dead, I’m on a F2P private server called EterniaGames Shaiya.

• StarCraft 2 - been trying to pick it back up for a few weeks because newer better PC made me think of trying other things than the two above, and as coincidence would have it also because my interest is being kept up by LAGTV (LifesAGlitchTV) suddenly getting back to casting cheesy, crazy, stupid and sometimes awesome SC2 ladder game replays on their YouTube. (This is in anticipation of the upcoming Stormgate RTS, made by a bunch of experienced OGs from the old StarCraft/WarCraft teams, which LAGTV hope will be very good and worth casting on their channel.)

1 Like

I think I’ve been playing CS on and off since I was 10. Recently decided to start playing CS:GO again and it’s pretty addicting

1 Like

I tend to have a couple games that I totally into.

Icarus has been getting most of my time lately, with some Caves of Qud for when I want a chill turn based experience . Qud is a sci-fi rogue/nethack game that has an amazing world. Icarus is a mission based survival game that has been in early access for almost two years now, but had some recent improvements.

I play Sims 2 right now, it’s entertaining

1 Like

Baldur’s Gate 3 is getting more of my gaming time lately. I am guessing I am not alone.

defiantly not alone…
Now the big question who did you romance? :smiley:

1 Like

I haven’t yet. I am still missing Karlach and haven’t found Lae’Zel the second time. I stumbled into the fight at the Grove gates right after finding Astarion, and haven’t left the Grove yet.