What video games are you playing?

I think we can all agree that Cyberpunk 2077, should have been delayed for like a year or maybe even 2 years just for the game to get to a point where it becomes playable and have lesser backlash, but that is from the perfect world, for I am damn sure they were under a lot of pressure especially from the higher ups before the release of the game.

But what could have been right?

1 Like

I also think that they were in race to get the game out the door, prior to losing all of the people with experience in their REDengine. The crunch was real, and most people didn’t want to work in the tech they knew was going to be abandoned. While they are planning on another Cyberpunk game, it will be in Unreal.

I am enjoying 2.0 at this stage, but I haven’t picked up the new DLC just yet. I am going level the new character I made, and I will worry about the DLC when I get toward the end of the main story. At this point, Cyberpunk gives me most of the things that I always liked about Skyrim, but with a sci-fi setting that I enjoy more.

I am OK with the notion that Cyberpunk 2077 is the next No Man’s Sky. The idea of CDPR actually making the game they promised is a great story, and not very common in the industry these days, even less so for the big studios.

I would say that between Baldur’s Gate, Cyberpunk, and Starfield, there is no shortage of big RPG titles right now.

I will confess that Starfield doesn’t look that interesting to me, but every Bethesda project since Skyrim has been a bit weird to me, and the main story doesn’t seem all that compelling. I am sure I will pick it up on sale at some point next year, but I am not in a hurry to play it.

Starfield is an okay game at least but overall it’s kind of the middle of the road when it comes to the experience according to my pals who gave the game a try. I haven’t played it yet, but maybe I might be willing to give it a shot so that I can come up with my own conclusion.

Plus, it’s always been Phasmophobia for me lately, and I don’t have any friends to play with. Also it’s not helping me much when I try to play with random people online, I always expect “those” types of players aka the ones that just ruins your experience overall, and one of the reasons why I prefer mostly solo.

1 Like

Speaking of revisiting games, I am back to Skyrim again but this time with gameplay overhaul as well, making it at least a next gen game and of course much better than vanilla Skyrim.

2 Likes

I finished up Cyberpunk 2077 : Phantom Liberty, a week ago, and that game is in a great place right now. The expansion was a fair bit of content, and I really enjoyed playing with the new skill trees.

I have three games of Baldur’s Gate 3 going, with different subsets of my family. This is my GOTY, and it is not even close.

I lost a weekend to Darkest Dungeon 2, and I like it more than I thought I would.

I have been playing Caves of Qud, which is a low fidelity roguelike set in a crazy sci-fi world. This is the game I keep coming back to, and I think it and Dwarf Fortress are the two games I am playing the most recently.

I burnt a whole week on getting a no death run of all 5 acts, it was a bitch but made it at the end. I still pick it up from time to time when i got 30 min to spare and dont want to commit to anything

1 Like

Got yesterday the ROM for the Super Mario RPG, been playing since then. Loved the game in the SNES and love the new revised version for the Switch. Running on Ryujinx now, damn it’s great to play, specially at upscale for 4K.

1 Like

I have recently gotten a bit hooked on Jupiter Hell

Think Doom as a top down turn based roguelike, with some RPG elements ( gear and skills ).

If you like top down there Hotline miami is a must, also the soundtrack is amazing for that game

1 Like

I did enjoy Hotline Miami.

I have been on turn based kick lately, and I think Baldur’s Gate 3 got me there. I have always enjoy Roguelike games too, the fact that they are getting more mainstream is nice to see.

Same but aside from BG3 i havent found anything to scratch that itch, though we are getting Rogue Trader in a couple of week.

Personally i reverted to my younger years (2004 to be exact) and and am now playing City of Heroes, a game from the age of MMOs.

its actually a fascinating story, the game “died” a few years back with all servers shut down but was resurrected by the community they even actively develop and update it, it on a fair stead basis, added content, new missions, the works -all of it totally free! and there is a fairly large player base

1 Like

I had no idea that game had been resurrected, that is so cool. I know a ton of people who played it back in the day.

I have been a pretty bit roguelike stretch, with Caves of Qud, Jupiter Hell, and Sproggiwood. Cult of the Lamb is strangely enjoyable for an action top down, and Roboquest is probably my favorite FPS roguelite game currently.

Hey guys, I just wanted to express something that unfortunately happened last night that involves with Skyrim, and yes modding is involved here as well. Apparently for Bethesda, it’s a “good” decision for them to update a damn old game like Skyrim Special Edition, of all the freaking games they have! It’s so insulting when they are doing the whole paid mods bullshit again, and I can still remember to this day that they got shafted hard by Steam for that previous scheme and now they are doing it again which just overall ruins the vibe of the game for me, especially when I was having fun with it again especially with the mods I have for it.

Not only the update added that bullshit back, the update also fucking ruined my modlist! my 660 mods! All don’t mean shit anymore when the certain new updated version makes the current SKSE that I have along with the other plugins that requires it to run.

It’s my fault, I overlooked some stuff like not turning off the auto-update for it, also the solution of the Unofficial Downgrade Patcher for some reason, stops working for me and I cannot revert it back to the previous version when all of it was doing fine. Guess I have to wait for some of those mods to get updated or just try a different method, if not start over again.

3 Likes

I am sorry about that, I saw the news, and it is very current day Bethesda.

Bethesda has spent most of the month trying to convince people that their new boring game isn’t boring, which isn’t working, so of course they have to figure out how to monetize their best game.

1 Like

I WILL be playing this.

1 Like

I have been a weird kick of Gunhead and Deadlink. Both are roguelike FPS games, Gunhead has some strategy to coordinate the additional payouts.

1 Like

They should just really move on from the Creation engine, but then again I don’t think they will do that for there’s gotta be that sick reasoning of justifying on using the old engine still due to the modders will improve it, which should not be the mentality or case at all. I mean man, how old is that engine again? like almost a decade old or something like jesus. Also Starfield imo, is a mid game and yes even Vanilla Skyrim is better than Starfield, there I said it.

They claim creation engine began at Skyrim ( 2011 ), which is 12 years ago, and that was just a fork of the engine used in Fallout 3 ( 2008 ), which puts it at 15. I know that creation engine 2 ( the one they list for Starfield ) added some better lighting. I don’t really think the changes had much substance beyond adding an API to use the video card shaders and other hardware improvements.

I play Clash of Clans right now. It’s pretty entertaining

1 Like

My current gaming rotation (sometimes based on what my friends/family want to play) is: World of Warships, World of Tanks, Diablo 4, Fortnite, and some good ole Fall Guys when I/we want to chill and have fun.

In the “Coming Soon” area, here are some titles I am looking forward to:

An honorable mention goes to Mouse. I know it is supposed to release sometime in 2025 but…that classic early comic style and humor in an FPS is going to be pure enjoyment!

2 Likes