What's your wish list?

• DT880 600Ω to compare/contrast my 32Ωs.
  • Klipsch Heritage HP-3
  • Meze Empyrean
  • ZMF - haven’t decided on model/wood/pads
  • Quad ERA-1
  • Airist R2R or Denafrips Ares
  • A tube amplifier - don’t know about make or model yet
  • Hiby R3 Pro
  • The dreaded 2-channel system
  • Novation Circuit Groovebox. Maybe. I’d probably use it once, realize how hard making music is, then give up.
2 Likes

RME DAC,
SPL amp.
Focal Utopia.
ZMF Verite

Would like to hear:
LCD X
LCD 4
Heddphone

1 Like

:+1:

For me

Short-term
nothing! really happy with the gear I have at the moment, hoping to ride that wave for awhile and possibly prune some gear. Really loving the lcd2f and DT1990, I feel they compliment each other very well

mid-term next few months or so
a tube amp, not sure what yet. Main contenders are BHC, wa3, and tuba
elex, maybe a clear if a crazy deal pops up
moondrop blessing 2
fh7
don’t use my iems much with the current state of affairs, but I know once we get back to the daily grind I’ll crave some variety in my IEM selection

Long-term after the mid term stuff
amp and DAC upgrade
not sure which amp, I guess it depends on what headphones I settle on
for the DAC probably a bifrost 2 provided something better does not hit the market

I’m looking to purchase the following headphones -

• Closed Dynamic: Sony MDR-1AM2
  • Open Dynamic: Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro
  • Closed Planar: Argon T50RP Mk III
  • Open Planar: HIFIMAN Sundara

I’m getting the 1990 Pro this year and I’ll work at getting the rest over time.

Otherwise, a Topping DAC (was looking at the D50s, but going to wait as they’re updating their lineup) and the JDS Element II Amp will follow.

I have the money, but I want to wait for sales cause I’m cheap. I imagine I’ll just pull the trigger around Black Friday if nothing goes down at all. Pretty excited for it all though :smiley:

I dont know about anyone else, but in less then a year, this has actually changed a good bit.
Granted, a lot of mine are still Drop products, but… That seems to be the way things are going.

• Drop X Beyerdynamic DT177X GO
  • Drop Panda
  • Drop X Koss ESP/95X
  • Drop X Sennheiser HD 58X Jubilee
  • Drop X Meze 99 Noir
  • Drop Focal Elex
  • Drop X HiFiMAN Edition XX
  • Dekoni Blue
  • Sigva SV006
  • Focal Listen Pros
  • Grado SR80
  • Focusrite Scarlett Solo
  • Blon B20
  • FiiO UTWS1
  • Ikko OH10
  • Koss KPHi
3 Likes

A small, simple but expensive list for me :dart: goals…Hugo2 + maybe an up-scalar???, Sony IEM Z1r and Final A8000…wonder if i’ll ever get there?..gotta love the journey and the music :smiley:

4 Likes

Really eying a Mass-kobo model406 Flying Dragon but really not sure if I want to deal with the shipping nightmare lol. I was lucky enough to grab two model394II and use them as monoblocks, but I think my chances of finding a 406 dragon are slim to none lol

2 Likes

I’m not sure you’d get all the benefits of the M Scaler with the Hugo 2 without the BNC inputs, but I very well could be wrong. It says it upscales to 768k on their website and lists the Hugo 2 as compatible, but I know it’s less than that without the BNC inputs and I don’t think the Hugo 2 has them

1 Like

Yeah no bnc inputs on the hugo 2. I have heard a hugo 2 with a mscaler, but it wasn’t as impactful as it was with the hugo tt

Great so that either saved me a wedge or cost me shit loads more? …tbh only using IEMs the Hugo2 probably fulfils the task admirably without the up-scalar so win, win, save :+1:

2 Likes

I personally think you would be pretty satisfied with the hugo 2 without an mscaler lol

2 Likes

I think just looking at Chord products costs money. With all the M Scaler savings you can get a 2go and a 2you, which is… nice?

2 Likes

New Samsung Galaxy 49 inch monitor
DT 1990 Pro(my own copy not a borrowed)
Topping D50
Asgard 3 then Rupert Neve Designs RNHP amp
Latest graphics card later in the year
Audtions: Eikon, Elex, Purple heart, Verum 1
Blue dragon or better alternative cable
Possibly a balanced amp setup such as Liquid Silver

1 Like

I guess I’ll take a page from bluejay and update mine as well

yeah that didn’t really pan out quite that way but have gotten to try some awesome stuff Including an elex that was on my wishlist

this part has probably changed the most for me. At this point I’ve picked up a liquid platinum which i feel has supplemented my desire for a tube amp somewhat. Still interested in building a BHC somewhere down the line. The IEMs have also changed pretty dramatically, although I still have some interest in the blessing 2’s I’ve picked up the sardas, which are incredible. sold off my bravados and killed my interest in the fh7s I think I would still like some variety in my IEMs but at this point it’s a bit hard to stack up to the Sardas for me

At this point the long term items have shifted to the immediate wishlist
next purchase on the horizon is probably a DAC, primarily considering a bifrost 2(if they actually come back in stock), ares II, or a soekris

following the amp I’m interested in upgrading my SS amp preferably single ended. considering the RNHP and gilmore lite but nothing to concrete as I’ll have to see where i end up on the dac front and assess my chain with the LP added in

for headphones, I’ve gotten to try or now own most of the one’s I’m interested in or would realistically purchase and I’m pretty happy with my current selection. Still interested in a clear but not something I’m actively seeking out. In the short few days I’ve had with the 95X I’ve really grown to like it and it has made me consider getting into a nicer estat, but that is something for the far far future

1 Like

Everyone has very specific lists, I feel like I’m much more vague and usually end up getting whatever catches my attention at the moment(and I can get a good deal on), but I have some stuff I’d like:

• subwoofer that can extend to 20hz for my home office setup, probably a studio one because external crossovers feel like a pain
  • an interesting headphone amp(class A? THX? Tube, if I change my headphones first? Just a random high power low output impedance solid state? who knows!)
  • “end game” headphones in a few years… though my end game is probably still going to be mid-fi for some
  • some comfier and/or better IEMs maybe? My Tin T4 are fine but the fit isn’t great for me and I could use more bass
  • living room 2.0 or 2.2 HT/musicsetup once I buy a new house(no real interest in surround)

Out of those only the subwoofer and/or maybe IEMs I will possibly buy this year, rest is for the future.

I do have some things I want to audition once the whole pandemic business is over - Beyerdynamic DT1990(since this was the major other headphone I considered before I got my Elear) and Final Audio E4000/E5000 to see if they’re worth the price, since I miss my E3000s.

1 Like

maybe take a look through this thread

there’s a good amount of IEMs recommended with great bass covering pretty much every price range. I’m personally a fan of the IT03s

1 Like

My wishlist is pretty straight-forward:

• Topping D50s

• Adam A5X

• Fostex TH909 (if I’m lucky enough to win the lottery)

1 Like

Like others here, I am Very happy with my current collection.
However, I am curious about:

1. LCD2 Classic’s
  2. CFA Cascades
  3. Bifrost 2

No real “needs” at all right now. A very happy camper. :grinning:

3 Likes

My big ticket item wishlist items are a ZMF (Autuer or Verite), an Audeze (LCD-2 or 2C), and/or a Fostex (TH-900/909). I also would love to try the CF Andromedas.

A more realistic/short term wishlist would be some Lawton cups for my X00s and an upgrade for my DAC (probably an enog 2 pro). Also an xDuoo xd-05 plus for my Tin P1s.

My undecided list would be a RebalAmp, RNHP, bottle head crack/tuba. Basically an amp upgraded that will probably be informed by what, if any, headphone I get from the big ticket item list.

Edit: I would also like to get a schiit stack (magni 3+ and the eventual modi update) as a bedside setup.

3 Likes
  • Schiit Magni 3+
  • Beyerdynamic 770 Pro (250 Ohm)
  • New amp/dac depending on how much i like the monolith amp dac im getting
  • Shozy 1.1’s
  • Sundaras or 6XX’s
  • FiiO BTR5 (not for now but if i ever get a non LG phone)
1 Like