Which $200-$300~ IEM to get?

Have a nice night guys!

4 Likes

Also sednaearfit

1 Like

I agree totally

1 Like

Can you let me know your impressions of the 3DT when you get it?

Sure when it arrives.

@Rikudou_Goku I got my tape in tonight and tried the tape mod (60-70% nozzle coverage). It reduced the treble but it also reduced detail and treble decay. I do not recommend it.

In fact, Iā€™m only listening to the 3DT out of all my IEMs lately and Iā€™m in love with them completely stock. Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s brain burn-in getting more and more used to the elevated treble but I am enjoying the 3DT the more I listen to it.

6 Likes

Glad you found your end game, finally, after being stuck in budget setsā€¦

Now seriously, glad you enjoying it. Also keep in mind its DD treble, so your brain might process it better than BA :slight_smile:

I can take a beating on treble from ests and some BAs, but DD treble seems to get me šŸ¤·

Thanks for reminding me! 3 of them right?

3 Likes

No problem bro. We are here to help you.

Nah, itā€™s probably just one :wink:

tenor (4)

Well shitā€¦ You got this covered. No more need for me here.

Mondays, right?

Enough trolling you, im gonna pass out, im bitchy today. Sorry if I poked you too much :smiley:

I find it interesting that some canā€™t take DD treble, some canā€™t take BA trebleā€¦ but I have yet to see anyone say they canā€™t take EST treble.

Well because EST smoothes thing. Either you like it or not, but isnt as agressive, unless its a bad implementation.

BTW @Resolution does the 3DT come with the same kind of silicone tips as the Mest minus the xelastec ones? Since you said you like the Mest tips I was curious if I could test them out.

nymz you wanna take this one or should I?

1 Like

Lol, cya later

have u tried the tips that comes with moondrop aria?
i tried everything from spitfits,symbio,xelastec but non fit btr thn the stock tips that comes w my jp mest until i stole some aria tips that Iā€™ve bought for my gf for her birthday. instant best fit on my mest.
they are soft and have a slight round marshmallow like shape and the material doesnā€™t irritate my ears.also isolated the best tried talking to myself without any music could hear myself the ā€œloudestā€ Lol my tip isolation test.

1 Like

Anyone here tried both the JVC HA-FDX1 and the 3DT? Iā€™m considering getting the 3DT because I love dynamic driver IEMs with punch and slam. I donā€™t mind the extra treble because I use EQ a lot, so if itā€™s a bit too much I can always EQ it down. I love the JVCs, but they could use better soundstage and imaging.

Donā€™t know if you listened fiios fd5 that is also really good iem with really punchy bass. I like punch in mid bass so at least i think itā€™s one of the best for metal and such type of music as it has very fast bass and good tuning for this overall.
Resolution really like 3dt but i dont know if it has more puchy bass. He can compare better as he heard both. For example this guy Fiio FD5 Features and comparison with UM 3DT (in depth) - YouTube
compared fd5 and 3dt and from his video 3dt isnā€™t always better. But i better trust your own ears not others :slight_smile:

1 Like