Which $200-$300~ IEM to get?

LOL, we will see, and there is a good chance u will be right :joy:

1 Like

For those who compare Tea to B2- there are different settings, different number and type of drivers. Tea are several levels above B2- Soundstage, midle, high are better on Tea!

2 Likes

I can’t speak for other IEMs but as someone who upgraded from the FH3 to FD5 and listens mainly to K-pop, K-rock, Korean Drama OSTs, J-pop, Jazz, and some video game soundtracks, the FD5 is a wonderful companion for it, at least for me. Only problem is the treble(at least when listening to it the first week of it for me) and female vocal sibilance in some tracks. Listening to rock and J-rock are pretty good as well but it gets questionable sounding at times and it makes the FH3 sounded better in that genre.

When the FD5 are brought up, I will always say to try them out first if you are able to. Most didn’t like it due to fitting or treble or both. The FD5 just happened to fit my ear easily and comfortably.

1 Like

I love it as well. :+1:

Well I mean it is gonna be a big upgrade from his FH3, Tin T4, HD58X and Aria. It is well tuned for sure, and is less boring than the regular Blessing 2. But of course if you like a v shaped sound it won’t be as “musical”

Ah yeah, I missread it. Compared to what he does have, yes, it will murder it. 300usd bracket has great options

Yeah. Tanchjim for timbre

Yeah, Oxygen and Blessings are great. Their only problem is that mangird tea exists :man_shrugging:

(I’ll buy Oxygen anyway, DD timbre and coherency are pure bliss)

Haha I feel a tremendous amount of pressure now. Make sure you read up on the filter mod too. Some people feel like it completes the sound signature and makes it more balanced. I like it as is though.

Would love to know how the bass compares to the Xenns and Zen when you get it!

@nymz where’s your screenshot ?

Mest first, bro

You should! If it’s not at least better than the Tea, you’ll never hear the end of it. :wink:

You got it. You might have to remind me tho. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I remembered HBB did a video on it already…

I took your word for it… They have arrived…

9 Likes

Gorgeous picture. And that’s an awesome stain/pattern

Hbb is wrroonngggg

Yeah, bought these on your rec and I’m quite horrified. These have the same kick/slam the MEST MKII have and a very similar presentation to the MEST MKII with less imaging but better coherency. These might just be the answer to the budget IEM for metal. Maybe these didn’t play nice for HBB but these already sound very impressive for the price point for my library.

I might be becoming a Unique Melody fanboy.

9 Likes

Oh lord. When you said horrified my heart sank.

I haven’t listened to any of my other iems since getting them. I also haven’t had the itch to buy any other iems.

Except the Legend Evo and Oxygen. But those were already on my list before getting the 3DT.

If it’s one thing I learned from the Mest, it’s that for pure listening enjoyment… Sometimes less imaging is better. Glad ya like them. You introduced me some phenomenal iems and I’m glad to return the favor.

ahem @nymz

@Resolution

5 Likes

I was asking myself is MEST is necessary with these. OMG!

I have kinda settled that the MEST MKII is the king for metal, but after hearing these, I wasn’t expecting them to be nearly as impressive as they are. I’m a lover of dynamic drivers and I always thought having multiple in one IEM might be incredible. The FH5s did not impress me at all and I kinda gave up on the dream until you suggested these. I was interested in them but when BGGAR’s review came out and he wasn’t impressed, I skipped them. I am very happy you suggested them because if my opinions continue after doing some A/B testing, these will be recommended for metal, which I really had no recommendation for in this price range.

@Xkairos_hxc Thank YOU for the rec! :wink:

6 Likes

I would like a nice Metal (genre) IEM that is not a hybrid… but why could it not just be a more plain design. It is tempting even with it being very far outside my tastes in looks. Though 3DD is right up my alley in driver configs.