Which $200-$300~ IEM to get?

Have you tried Technics EAH-TZ700?

Yeah, I have to constantly remind myself that @Resolution judges not by 1vs1 between two IEMs but rather by tier levels. I assume that Teas and 3DT may go in hand in the same tier level but with with their respective sound signatures.

*Please breathe-in breathe-out along with meme man *

1 Like

I’m just curious to know if I can rec it to metal heads or not. The graph is enough for me to know that it might not go along with my library, but I might be totaly wrong.

The eclipse tech that is in the Zen is being used in the Falcon Pro as well.

Which is why I have a lot of expectations from it.

4 Likes

Wow. Please prepare for quite a few questions :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I loved KZ DQ6 for metal - after EQing down its 5 kHz peak - and considered saving a while for UM 3DT as a natural upgrade but those treble peaks concern me. And many people playing around with damping filters, micropore tape, etc.

Have you by any chance had a listen of the DQ6 ? Are the 3DT, like DQ6, strong at reproducing kickdrums, separating heavily distorded electric guitars, nailing cymbals reproduction, and enhancing stereo effect ? And maybe better than DQ6 on mids fidelity ?

Do you need to keep treble in check by any mean on 3DT ?

Some metal bands or songs that highlight 3DT qualities in your opinion ?

Thanks in advance.

If my knockout image of Tyson knocking out his opponent wasn’t clear enough?

Too much pressure bro.

KZ is garbage IMO.

The 3DT is MEST MKII level of authority. Before the 3DT, The MEST MKII was by far the best IEM I have heard for metal because of all of your descriptions. The 3DT is right on the heels of the MEST MKII just without the stage and imaging. It might even slam harder than the MEST MKII because it is all DD but that’s difficult to measure. Treble is quite hot in 3DT but because it is handled with a dynamic, it doesn’t sound artificial as other drivers technologies. 3DT is very lively and dynamic.

Yes but as I just said, because the treble is handled with a dynamic, it sounds natural. It’s a lot hotter than the Tea.

I don’t really even want to compare the Tea and the 3DT. The Tea sounds quite dull and subdued vs the 3DT. A much better comparison is the 3DT to the MEST MKII.

5 Likes

this is war.

4 Likes

Hmm, sounds like the 3DTs deserve my attention. @Resolution could you give me a flavour of the artists/tracks in your library that you would reach for these to listen to?

For my latest impressions, I was manly listening to Darkwater - Human and Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman.

6 Likes

Thank you very much for answering all that. As you may have understood I have many questions on this set but didn’t know who to ask :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
I doubt 3DT is on my 2021 budget but I will try to get them next year. In the meantime, I am very keen on reading more of your impressions.

2 Likes

You better bet it is. This aint no beauty contest, else Teas would clear the floor with that peanut butter teletubie.

Im about to order this to set the record straight

2 Likes

@Resolution, we coming at you.

1 Like

Thanks - plenty there that overlaps with my library.

Come at me bro! Fite me.

I didn’t expect 3DT to beat teа for metal, in fact this is now being discussed;) After all, Tea is unique, but obviously I will have to buy 3DT as well. I will listen to both with pleasure. And I’m right that the discussion of heavier genres is underestimated.

Shhh… don’t reveal my plan :zipper_mouth_face:

Tea was never great for metal.

I doubt half of the people in the hobby will like Tea, even. Cold flat signature isn’t for everyone.

I prefer them cold than bright :man_shrugging: That treble scares me on the graph, but I might grab later. If @Resolution says it’s good, it’s because it’s good. I’m the only one allowed to disagree with him :rofl:

3 Likes

Btw, if I buy it, i might get the JP version