XDUOO XD-05 vs XDUOO XD-05 Plus

For my iPhone to connect to my BTR5, I have to use the apple camera adapter. Then use an USB A - USB C cable between the camera adapter to the BTR5. If I use a lightning to USB C cable, no go.

3 Likes

I have the Plus and I use the BT only. It is flawless - and I have an android…

Ordered the dual Burson V5i. I’m so happy to have bought the XD-05 plus. I use it everyday mostly with my TH-X00 Ebony but also with the Lcd2c. This thing has improved my music experience a lot. Even though I also got a DX160 Dap I use the latter with Iems and the former almost exclusively with over ears. Maybe in the future I’ll get the iFi micro dsd black label but only if it really outperforms the xDuoo.

3 Likes

I totally agree, the XD-05 plus is such a great device (mine is also with the Burson V5i) and I bring it with me everytime I’m out somewhere or traveling. (I travel every week as my office is 360 km away).

The iFi micro dsd black label is really nice, but the BT add-on to the XD-05 plus is something I can’t live without. So the iFi has to get that in the next upgrade for me to consider it and the sound improvement has to be stellar also.

2 Likes

How to find our you are just pure hifi noooob? Ordered two burson v5i thinking those should be like pair of single opamps, but getting two duals and trying to make it work in you xduoo. :man_facepalming:

I do like my Nighthawks more with v5i tough.

3 Likes

I can say right away that is a bit warmer than the stock Opamp (which is good enought imo).

10 Likes

I enjoy the XD-05 as a little travel powerhouse when I’m going on work related trips, but the usb is fvcking worthless. Unstable to the point its basically broken. Only use it for optical now. Basically a brick. RIP.

What about the BT solution?
I ONLY use it with BT and that works flawless; and I charge the two elements 1-2 times a month, so no hazzle re battery life.

Repost because I messed up the correct place to reply :wink:

How do I know if i mounted the V5i correctly.
I know that the „Notch“ gives me the orientation of the chip so that i can properly determine which pin is which. But how do I know the orientation of the socket on the PCB?

I see that there are outlines on the PCB that show „Notches“ as well but is this an Industrie standard or is there a proper way to know the correct orientation on the PCB?

Maybe @donjklassen could help as well?

There is a notch on the socket itself usually.
These things are not always obvious, not all op-amps have notches any more a lot just have a barely visible dot next to pin 1.

1 Like

Hey, thanks for the quick response!!

The V5i has both so i know where the pin 1 is located. The PB has a drawn outline with a Notch. Is this drawn Notch on the PCB usual?

It’s common and usually correct, but the socket itself usually has an indicator.

1 Like

Hi. Just align the letters with the other onboard chips writings as in the photo.

3 Likes

Hey thanks to all!!
Let me reassemble really quick…

2 Likes

I have two XD05+ at the moment so I am looking forward to A-B test the V5i.
Not sure if my ears are „trained“ enough to determine the difference or if I even have the right vocabulary to describe what i hear.

But I happily share my experience… now that I am confident I placed the OpAmp correctly on the PCB.

5 Likes

that’s pretty awesome… curious to hear what think

took me awhile to pick up on it and I found it to be a very subtle but pleasant difference :+1:

1 Like

So besides the placebo a new 60€ OpAmp has the differences are immediately audible.
But a huge huge disclaimer, this is the really really first impression and only an impression and no thorough experience !!!

But what i think i hear immediately is that voices got more body and highs are a little more calm.
This is quit audible in the song „No sanctuary here“ by Chris Jones. I am listening with Dt 1990 Pro (analytical Pads / Tidal FLAC).
The richer body of the voices is especially noticeable in the background chorus and the more calm highs is most noticeable in the less piercing tambourine sounds.

This first impression makes me really exited!!!

https://tidal.com/track/109597132

1 Like

Subtle but pleasant is quit accurate.
I think having the ability to A-B test helps to determine the differences a little quicker.

I am EXITED!!!

2 Likes

nice! yeah I think its pretty rare for someone to have two amps like that which is a gigantic advantage… I didn’t a-b at all (don’t with tubes either… too much of a pain lol) but I look forward to a follow up as well… glad youre enjoying it :beers:

2 Likes

Tbh I hear no difference except for that cracking when turning volume knob which I find anoying a bit. But I might be able to heare some having double stack and A/B like you have. :male_detective: