šŸ”¶ Yanyin Audio Canon

Everytime I get very interested something comes up lol.

Iā€™m still trying to figure out if itā€™s driver flex or something else. no one else has had issues, so i guess it might be ear anatomy. shouldnā€™t let this stop you IMO.

Ok probably was not as I realized no one has talked about it. Hope you track the cause down though from what you said you get a good deal before this phenomenon shows up.

I dont recognize them either.

Google lens tells those are spare parts for Volkswagen Transporter T4 gearbox, but that may be not fully true

3 Likes

Short impressions video from Donspektor:

Full review coming in due course :muscle:

2 Likes

Thanks to @ttorbic for an excellent transaction, support and guidance. Received the canons today. Currently listening on 110 setting. What I was missing in bass from the Aladdins is here and I can add boost to the mids also. These are exquisite so far!!

2 Likes

I just got my Yanyin and while I didnā€™t experience reduced volume I do have extreme suction and I could hear a bit of driver flex. These are with the same tips that cause no suction on my Olina so I think there isnā€™t enough venting if you get a good deal with your tips. I made a few microscopic pinholes near the nozzle and even though it helped a lot its still there and uncomfortable for me. I will for sure be tip rolling

1 Like

Sorry to hear that you experience it too. I donā€™t mind it unless I push the shells in a bit much or adjust. Unsure why this is happening because itā€™s got a clear vent. Hopefully you can get a working solution so you can enjoy the sound!

1 Like

No worries! I have some foamies and they get rid of the problem for me so I can enjoy the phones :blush:

1 Like

So my quick impressions matches his. There are some setting that severely raise the bass freqs but I donā€™t think the DD they have can handle that level of bass. I much prefer the Olinas punchier bass compared to the Canonā€™s more poofier bass (it still punches well, just not as much as the Olina imo). Otherwise I think the Canon is better in all other aspects however only slightly! Iā€™m seriously impressed by how good the Olina is and if this is the amount of improvement $250 gets idk if the next tier is worth it for me haha. Iā€™ll definitely be putting more time in on the Canons and dial in some settings. Currently going between 010, 011, and 001

1 Like

Ahh shoot, Iā€™m not a fan of foamies - they tend to muddy the sound for my ears. Hopefully youā€™ll still enjoy the Canon! I find the Olina bass to be much pillowy compared to the Canon lol. YMMV right - very subjective!

1 Like

Haha thatā€™s super interesting. I feel like quantity wise Canon has them beat but the Olinaā€™s got this punch that I really like. The Olina bass feels like a jab. Itā€™s real quick but pronounced. Iā€™m hearing a lot more bass in my playlists right now though and so far I am really liking the Canons.

Iā€™m also not a big fan of foamies but I feel like i end up always having to use them. Might need to invest in more tip options

Sharing a pic of my new setup. Just got the adapter and Canonā€™s (courtesy of @MMag05 ) today. Please ignore my ā€œcustomā€ ear tips

8 Likes

So after spending a day I think I got it mostly dialed in for my taste. Since they are deep insertion compared to the Olinas I went with small Final E TWS tips and the 011 setting. The only issue I have now is the sub bass can be a bit much causing pressure build up and discomfort on certain songs. I think I prefer a bit lower subbass and a bit more elevation in the low mid bass. I wonder if anyone has done any tweaking with the vent to tune bass

2 Likes

Have you tried 010? That has the lowest bass out of all the tunings. Final E tips arenā€™t great if you are hearing too much bass as they are narrow bore - do you have a short but wide bore tip?

I have short wide bore tips but the bass and low end becomes too forward compared to vocals for my liking. The final E TWS are wider than normal bore size but not super wide so they give me the best vocal presentation. Bass is still pretty present though with them.

Also I tried 010 and itā€™s my second favorite setting but I prefer the treble energy of the 011 so I am trying to make that work

1 Like

So I think I figured it out and it has nothing to do with sub bassā€¦ I believe itā€™s the fact that these IEMs are deeper insertion compared to the Olinas and I was using smaller tips which resulted in the iem going deeper into my ear.

I have terrible motion sickness (sometimes I canā€™t ride in cars cause itā€™s so bad) and the feeling I get with using the smaller silicon tips with these headphones is exactly the same. Using foams donā€™t cause the issue (or maybe it takes longer to show up) but with any small silicon tips I have tried I start to feel dizzy and sick within 10-15 minutes of having them in, even if music isnā€™t playing.

I switched to bigger silicon tips and while itā€™s only been about an hour, most of my issues have gone away!

5 Likes

Hooray! Congrats! Did you try the stock tips? I really like the Yanyin stock tips.

I did but the bore was a bit too narrow for me however the Tanchjim ones are very similar and a bit wider bore which are perfect for me right now!

1 Like