Your preferred IEM connection

• MMCX
  • 2 Pin
  • QDC

0 voters

4 Likes

That’s a pretty easy vote :smirk:

2 Likes

Yeah 2-pin, since they are much less of a pain to remove and attached to again. With MMCX, it can be a bit of a pain in the ass to connect, especially removing it for I had my share of experiences where it is so hard to remove the MMCX cables from the T2s I have.

If you’re havin’ mmcx problems, I feel bad for you son
I got 99 problems but that bitch ain’t one…

6 Likes

Yeah, having one of them can be useful. But then again, I would rather remove the connectors with my fingers on my 2pins than using that one to remove an MMCX. Minor problem but not a big deal.

7 Likes

im-with-you-karen-huger

3 Likes

2 Pin all the way. Imo the best would be QDC for safety, but 2pin 0.78 is way too standardized at this point. I prefer it so I can roll my cables on it.

5 Likes

Personally QDC, if it became a uniform standard adopted by more companies kinda gives the best of all worlds. A nice sturdy secure connection that is also easy to remove and single direction. But it is not used on enough IEMs. And there are too many “almost or sort of” QDC with slightly different shapes that is annoying to no end.

5 Likes

2 pin easy

1 Like

The golden example is the blons :joy:

4 Likes

Acoustune PentaconnEar.

recessed 2-pin

2 Likes

I have KZ and BLON… My next iem that’s on it’s way rn is a 2 pin :sunglasses:

Mangird Teas?

1 Like

Personal experience is going to take precedence over any and all other arguments, and IME, MCX has its issues, but has been faaaar more reliable than 2-pin (I just don’t have more than passing experience with other types of connectors, so it’s down to those two for me).

I have had multiple instances of bent pins in 2 pin cables, as well as “bored-out” holes in the 2-pin sockets of ear pieces. It’s really difficult for me to spend any “significant” $$ on any 2-pin IEM, especially if it’s flat 2-pin. Not saying I won’t buy, say, a TOTL IEM that uses 2-pin, but it’ll be viewed by me as a negative factor.

YMMV, yada yada yada.

2 Likes

This will be controversial: Tape Pro

Bring it on!!

Not really, I mean as long as you’re ending up liking the product then it’s a win for you. I mean you really don’t need to listen to everyone’s opinion on a thing that they wished you to avoid, I mean there are things that some people told me to avoid buying but I ended up liking it than them.

2 Likes

I hope i like them. They seem different and therefore interesting to me

I don’t change cables on my sets that often, so mmcx for me no bent pins and I can swivel the cable/set interface…I like that :+1:

3 Likes

I mean there are adapters, so I get what you are saying. I mean every connection has its pros and cons but at the end of the day, it depends on how we take care or how we use our IEMs’ connections in the first place.

2 Likes