šŸ”¶ 7HZ Timeless Planar

Timeless QC problems are well known. Any chance for warranty?

1 Like

I do not use super expensive iems, I do not believe the increased resolution for set above $300.00 make economical sense to meā€¦long story. To answer your question I currently enjoy much more Ikko OH 10, Kato, THie Legacy 2 and FH3, but also love my Sundaraā€¦

1 Like

I am debating with AliExpress but the seller has literally stopped listening to me and reading me.
Iā€™m making videos and ā€œtestsā€ that aliexpress asks me for but the first one was rejected because they couldnā€™t see the video (they just want to see it without downloading), I uploaded it to another site and so far they havenā€™t told me anything.

Really in all the iem give problems. You can always hear things. I remember the Mangird tea that I have heard youtubers talking about saying that they have a lousy quality control. I never had a problem. In general, Iā€™m going to avoid brands with little experience and focus on iems that have 2 pins.

2 pin all the way. I avoid mmcx like the plague, if I can.

MMCX for the winā€¦

:wink:

1 Like

I try resolve that situation and change my broken timeless for a S12 or Kato.

You canā€™t convert me!!

Iā€™d pick S12 over Kato.

2 Likes

Have you opened a dispute?

Despite having collected the evidence in several videos and photos aliexpress has told me that they are rejecting it. I should talk to the seller.
After several attempts it looks like I might get a refund if I return it but i need the return direction. The seller ignores me, does not answer private messages since I opened the dispute.

Honestly, Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™ll get my money back. They donā€™t make it clear.

And people ask me why i donā€™t buy on AliExpress

I thought the aria was very, very good. The Kato is a somewhat improved aria. I donā€™t really know. I trust Moondropā€™s quality control more but I will definitely consider the S12.
What I do know for sure is that I miss the Mangird now.

1 Like

Unbelievable. 2 videos, photos for aliexpress customer service are not evidence. Makes me want to stop shopping at aliexpress forever.

1 Like

Which store? Name & shame!

1 Like

Sorry to reply so late. Moondrop is known to have very bad QC, especially on arias and starfields.
Regarding S12, QC and costumer service is on point, especially if you buy from them. @shuoer can help you in no time, the best around.

3 Likes

I always thought moondrop is and was a top brand in terms of quality control. I had the aria and found it to be very well made.

moondrop has cable issues usually not iem issues although Iā€™ll say I didnā€™t have issues with my Starfield cable besides it being a bit jank the aria cable is probably the best stock cable moondrop has, the Kato cables (stock and bonus) were bad lots of compaints about them breaking within hours of recieving them but they mailed out replacements for free to anyone who either contacted them or the sellers so I feel that their customer service is fine

1 Like

probably pulling up the lower frequencies. Have you tried pulling up the 15khz range? Seem that audible frequencies should be the target. But interesting that you can hear it clearly. Iā€™ll try it for grinsā€¦

I settled on the Whizzer SS20 tips. Finally perfect tips. The large ones are perfect.

My combo is now: oratory1990 EQ + KBear Rhyme cable + Timeless + Whizzer SS20 tips

1 Like

They look well made, but the soldering inside the shells is too thin, making them die within 6 months. It seems the left bud is way more prone to die than the right one.

One other thing can indicate they donā€™t test enough before putting on sale: the mate Kato was an option at first, then they figured the mate coating was too hard to apply on the product and discontinued itā€¦ Any serious business would have see that BEFORE they produce/announce that option. Moondrop didnā€™t.