Your Top 5 IEMs right now that you are using?

So mine will be:

1: Fiio FH3.
One of my earliest buys. I know they are not highly regarded but it is something with these that wants me to listen to them all the time, no matter what.

2:ISN EST50
Majority of my music library is electronic music, and the sub bass is really good imo. Even tho sub bass rumbles, it still doesnt muddies the rest of sound too much imo. They just pair really well with EDM.

3: Moondrop variations
I like them, but honestly i don’t think they are anything special. I mean they are pretty safe bet, majority of people will like them but not alot of people will love them.

4:
Soundrhyme SR8
Highly rated and my most expensive iem. I tend to stay at midfi range. They have good soundstage, and they are pretty nice iem to listen to and sleep too.

Ikko OH10
Love the bass on these. Even tho i feel that sub bass muddies rest of the sound but if you just want to go to gym and listen to something. These are my iem then.

7 Likes

Ok so top 3, why 3 cause like I only really use 3 iems typically.

1. Aful Performer 8. I always find myself enjoying this iem, it’s just solid af.

2. Symp Meteor. It’s bass is a tiny bit fatiguing and painful, but I still love it.

3. My new #3 is actually the Kiwi Ears Quintet. It’s really impressive me how easygoing it is, and I enjoy using it. It made me sell my Dunu SA6 MK2.

2 Likes
  1. Penon Serial
  2. This week nearly a tie with #1, Simgot EN1000 with micropore tape on inner vent
  3. Hi Fri Aphex, I started to find the sub bass and the treble (maybe higher upper mids?) a bit too much, basically a little too V-shaped to be an every day choice for me but it’s a great IEM, powerful impact and very wide stage
6 Likes

Last week top 5, top 3 also because of review.

IMR BC2023
Penon Serial
AüR Audio Neon Pro

AüR Audio Aurora
Symphonium Meteor

4 Likes

July, 2023

1 Drop x Etymotic ERX
2 Jade Audio JD7
3 ISN H30
4 Shozy FORM 1.4
5 TinHiFi T2 OG

I’ve yet to convince myself to pass the $300 USD barrier again after a blind-buy disaster a few years ago. I feel more comfortable spending more money than that on headphones.

4 Likes

EN1000 is a deep cut IEM: It’s in that sub-$300 no-man’s land where 1DDs get disrespected like they’re not capable because of how sub-$100 1DDs are monsters, and you can get great hybrids for under-$200. Plus now it’s basically impossible to find new, I think. So it’s a bit of a collector’s piece now.

It’s not an IEM I’d say you have to go get, and on tour it often got overlooked for shinier shinies, but it’s a top-5 IEM for me. The only reason I gave it up is because:

For an IEM to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with Serial, for you, says an incredible amount and I couldn’t fathom keeping that to myself when I could share with someone who so richly deserves it.

It was my pleasure to give to you, sir. And I’m glad it’s working out so splendidly!

2 Likes

This list is current, and changes due to my moods. I will also say there are other sets I own that I will listen to at times, but they haven’t worked their way into my heart. S12 is one of those. Anyway…
1 - Kiwiears Quartet
2 - Simgot EA500
3 - Tin Hifi P1 Max
4 - 7HZ Crinacle Sainotes Dioko
5 - Kbear Rosefinch

7 Likes

This week’s top 5

Kiwi ears Quintet ; yep I drank the cool aid and it tastes great

IKKO OH5 ASGARD : just a addictive iem that calls to me on my sleep

DUNU Zen : solid

IMR BC (23): because BASS!

EPZ Q5: a Startlingly good DD don’t judge a book by it cover. £35 that’s above the Olina and equal to the simgot ea500 I actually prefer it to the simgot

8 Likes

I’ve returned most of these, however here are 5 I’ve tried as of late:

1. Moondrop Variations: loved the bass response and treble, had to return due to poor QC & 200 khz dip which didn’t work well with my library.
  2. S12 Pro (Kept): Currently my most used; my first planar. Sounds crisp af, if not a bit sibilant.
  3. Truthear Hola (Kept): A great baseline to compare things to, and I like the relaxed presentation with decent DD bass
  4. Truthear Hexa: I like the resolving capabilities of this set, but it sounded too thin, vocals too recessed.
  5. Ikko OH10: I hated this set lol. A little too aggressive of a v-shape for me, with poor treble extension.

Currently have Symphonium Meteor’s otw in a bid to find something that scratches that Variations style U-shape/V-shape tuning.

5 Likes

Can’f believe myself writing this:

1. Blon-03 - after using RSV for more than a month, I saw my blon on my moondrop littleblack neckband at the pocket of my bag and listened. I freakingly fell inlove again. The special sauce for me is the loose, boomy, slow decay bass + timbre. My ears says its #1 even after enjoying the amazing RSV for a month. Any rap/hiphop and R&B that I throw in sounds so musical. If only I can find another type with the same bass characteristics.

#2 RSV - I can”t believe moving this beast to #2 after a month of enjoyment. I feel fully satisfied with the tonslity and vocal forwardness. Listening to acoustic sessions, country, pop, and female hiphop sounds so heavenly engaging. H.E.R. and other female R&B artists sounds so amazing on this. I got addicted and couldn’t stop listening

#3 P1 Max - for my treble needs

#4 Ej07M-KL - on the go smooth listening

#5 B2Dusk - wide soundstage for gaming

12 Likes

Sony XBA-N3

2 Likes

Yeah I have the N3 as well, although I find Blon03 slightly more pleasing. Probably because it sounds a little bit more laid back, but I like N3’s tonality.

Maybe you prefer the Final Audio E series then. Or the Sony XBA-Z5.

I’m using Final E tips for my blon, let me try that on my N3.

Hmmm Z5 looks interesting, I will try them on my local audio. Thanks for the feedback, I do like Sony House sound

The Z5 is quite a bit darker than the N3 and has slower/looser bass. The bass extension is insane though (16mm DD) and has the deepest iem stage I heard.

Seen some people say the stage is on the Z1R level.

3 Likes

Shoot! I must try that! Seems to be up my alley. Thanks for the rec :raised_hands:

Recent top-5 based on what I’ve listened / am using:

1. MEST III
  2. U12T
  3. VE Phoenix
  4. Andromeda 2020
  5. AFUL P8 and Symphonium Helios

Other IEMs that I also enjoy when I review: FiiO JD7, Dunu Falcon Ultra (yeah, I haven’t found any hybrid or full BA that is worth highlighting in this price bracket)

11 Likes

Ones I have currently:

Kinera Idun Golden 2.0
I may never sell these. Cymbals and high hats can sound a little thin at times, but everything else is so good including comfort and gaming ability.

Sennheiser IE600
Imaging is the standout and resolve as well as any high end headphone. So small and no hard edges so another comfort king.

Seeaudio Yume II
Huge soundstage, well rounded for music or gaming. Mids like male vocals are 1-2db recessed, but only noticeable on some tracks. In games you can literally hear things halfway across the map.

Moondrop Starfield
At this price it’s excellent. Another well rounded one. I don’t know anything this price that has so much going for it.

Truthear Zero Blue
I think everyone should have one of these as a baseline for music and equalizing other things. Harman curve and the vocals have great presence. Nothing thin or warm, it’s a Goldilocks IEM for under $50. Just gave a pair to my niece to upgrade her 1More Triple Drivers (she’s a singer) so she’s loving them.

11 Likes

Just got my first pair of customs, and I’m in heaven. The FIR audio NE4s are killer. Super full sound and comfortable :metal:

5 Likes

Sennheiser IE600 and IE900.
In the laser month I found myself using these 99% of my time for music. State of the art single 7mm DD. Lovely.

6 Likes