Zeos' Speaker/Headphone Wall 2021

Hello Z! I’ve been using my DT 990 pros and I’m willing to spend around 150-200 dollars on new headphones. My eyes are on the X2HR’s atm. I do competitive gaming but also casual gaming and listening to music. I want that big soundstage I’ve heard they have. I have a great DAC/amp so no worries about that. But are the X2’s good enough for their imaging?

X2 do what you want just be careful with competitive gaming. Usually you want less bass with that. But I’d compromise for fun music listening with crazy soundstage.

1 Like

hey buddy welcome to the forum! hope you enjoy it here. I’m sure you know what I’m already gonna say. the x2 hr’s are gereat if you want fun and a good smoother alternative to the 990 for single player games especially for shot guns and explosions. DOOM sounds great on them. and some thing smoother for music but for comp gaming they should do you fine for comp gaming but the 990 has the edge on the x2s for comp

1 Like

Love your videos btw. I’d say I go for the X2’s when they get back in stock here in the EU. I will probably keep them no matter what actually. I’m gonna get the HD 58X’s some time as well.

Thanks, I want everyone’s personal experience with these so I get a better understanding.

that’s a great Idea we also have official threads for discussing headphones in this forum. thought the fidelio gets talked about a lot in discussion threads more than the official thread. @Falenkor is another avid 990 user I’m sure he wouldn’t mind telling you his perspective on the fidelio here (update in progress) Falenkor's Competitive Headphone Write Up. Now with added Hardware explanations!

1 Like

Zeos I’m looking at adding a couple new pairs of cans to my collection. I currently have Focal Elegia and Sennheiser HD598. I’m looking for a set that can game well as well as music. And a more reference set, what would be your go to for those two situations right now? I am powering with a Schiit Jotenheim and a ifi Zen Dac. Looking into possibly getting a Rebelamp also after your video on it

Usually budget helps with these decisions.

Sorry, I’m thinking $750 a set or less.

Zeos I have a pair of T60rp’s and I am looking to get a leather headband. Would understated Montreal do it? I figure it makes sense since I live in Canada anyways.

Focal Elex, where art thou? You and DMS thought it was the best Focal, if I remember. No love, even after specifically mentioning all the Drop mod sets?

1 Like

Epic… No THX Panda’s? Looking for a bluetooth option sub 500

do the need to be closed back?

Do you still recommend the Fostex TR-X00?

I know you’re probably waiting for the man himself, but I encourage you to look at this topic in the forum. The Fostex Biodynamic headphones have a “cult following” here and a lot of people can help you if you are looking for one and/or have some doubts.

Also, welcome to you and all the new people posting here. The community is great and very helpful, so search out and don’t be afraid of asking in the topics.

2 Likes

Thank you fabiokelm. I was thinking maybe the DT1990 or sennheiser 660s. But I will look those up, I know Zeos seems to like the Fostex sets

1 Like

Yes, looking for a casual set mostly to travel with.

aparently the M&O are on that list and Bluetooth, are you using an iPhone or Android phone? if you are iPhone look for the AAC codec, if you have android see what codecs your phone support and if you have up to LDAC then stuff like the pandas could be pretty great, if you need the ANC then the sony’s or QC35 are the best bet for that but not the best sound quality, and if you just need it to be Bluetooth then you can always get something like a BTR5 and turn your wired headphones into wireless so you can use something very comfortable like the meze 99s

If you can get them at a good price they are a great option for a detailed and bassy sound without totally loosing the mids. Listen to fabiokelm and check out the thread he linked.

1 Like

@ZeosPantera This… what is this? Don’t hold out on us! lol Screen Shot 2021-01-07 at 2.16.22 PM

1 Like