šŸ”¶ ZiiGaat Doscinco

Tough to say without both in front of me, but If I were choosing between the two, Iā€™d pick up the Ziigaat because it just sounds more balanced and refined in the upper mid range. On the flip side, I felt like the DaVincis had better bass reproduction in terms of slam, impact and overall texture. But again, itā€™s hard to say without them both being in front of me. I just finished up reviewing the DaVincis and the bass was the standout for me personally.

4 Likes

I got the mega 5est(used) & EA1000 so I am done for now at least, but I need something with great bass. Fatfreq isnā€™t my type of sound. Letā€™s see how much the Doscinco is in this Linsoul sale.

3 Likes

Dooood, that is a very nice 2 IEM solution right there, good choices, I think youā€™ll be very happy.

2 Likes

@ZeusPro low key convinced me to get a ea1000 and just modding it.

Got my linsoul coupon. Now just waiting to see the price. Itā€™s kinda funny. I asked a bunch of people about dos vs Davinchi. Some of them said Davinchi has better timber, others said Dos has better timber. Same with mids, Davinchi is a bit dark in the treble. Dos is probably gonna be brighter.

Iā€™m wandering Davinchiā€™s bass sounds better due to being dark in the treble, or rather perceived bass. Same with dos, howā€™s the bass gonna sound due to brighter treble.

1 Like

I liked the cca hydro over the doscinco and cincotres. A little eq to the sub bass and hydro matches the doscinco while having better separation and soundstage. Vocals theyā€™re pretty even with the doscinco being slightly more forward which I appreciated but itā€™s not by much but the doscinco also get congested. Hydro is also more than half the price depending on where you get it. Doscincos simply donā€™t make sense at all for me.

I used spinfit short wide bore tips for both and 1110 config for the hydros.

1 Like

Iā€™m not buying any kz iem. Iā€™m sure hydro is dope. Iā€™m happy for you that you find your sweet spot. VFM gear is always exciting. I liked supermix 4 in the new gears. Man supermix 4 with impedance adaptor is crazy.

2 Likes

not saying sm4 are bad, i just find myself reaching for the hydro more especially for longer sessions. i will say i do like the sm4 and hydro over the juzear 61t so thats saying something. i also really liked ew200 (although i could go back and forth with the epz g1 pro) and ea500lm (mostly would default to the artii t10 with divinus velvet tips and my sub bass eq) so i am a fan of the simgot house sound

2 Likes

Great video from Timmy yesterday. I understood why he liked Cincotres, the explanation was very didactic.

1 Like

Has anyone of you removed the grills on the Doscinco? Iā€™m betting it will give that treble boost some people are looking for.

Assuming there is no other damper underneath the metal one.
This looks like it has the effect of a 250-300mesh filter, so at most u probably get 1db more upper-mids/treble.

2 Likes

Canā€™t see it from here either

not much to it, those are the sound tubes right there

3 Likes

Yeah, no other damping filters underneath it. Perhaps you can adjust the treble more specifically by changing/removing that BA damper.

What similarly tuned sets have you heard that can be compared to this?

probably Blon BL03 and TRN TA1 MAX.
i would say the intended tuning of these is BL03 on steroids (and trn ta1 max), technicalities are so astronomically better, that the BL03 style bass tuning works for lots of stuff (not quite everything, though) that the BL03 muds up too much.
BUT the second set i got is kinda typical mild V; basically -1 to -1.5db mid/upper bass, +1.5 to +2db from 2khz and up

Has anyone compared the Doscincos & DaVinci yet? I would like to know which is better in terms of bass, especially for dubstep/rock music.

1 Like

Iā€™m pretty sure there are a few comparisons out there with people having them both on hand, but If I was just going off my memory, the Dos is a more balanced and correct sounding IEM with the DaVincis having better bass - and by better I mean in terms of slam and overall impact.

1 Like

I purchased both , spent plenty of time back and forth, they are both great for those genres I listen to as well, with a nod to Dos though. It scales and handles volume better. I think it has better drivers in the mids.
DaVinci has more realistic bass curve, with a beautiful subbass rumble. Dos had more midbass slam that literally still makes me grin, yet it can possibly get in the way depending on the recording. Easily adjusted. On my sets overall impact was very closeā€¦with a nod again to Dos.
They are trading blows tuning wise, and I could easily EQ either one to match the others bass slopeā€¦ but as some folks alluded to, and I agree, there is something in the upper mids on DaVinci, at times can sound compressed and scratchy, particularly at volume. This it where it falls behind Dos and is only reason I sold mine. Doscinco will remain permanently with me.

3 Likes

Dos midbass slam is just insane. Iā€™ve tried EQing countless other sets to try to match it but they canā€™t. Heck, even my over-ear headphones canā€™t match the slam!

3 Likes

Thanks a lot for your explanation. Its very helpful and you have cleared all my doubts.

1 Like