šŸ”¶ ZiiGaat Doscinco

Thank you, got my popcorn ready :popcorn:

1 Like

That was a helpful review. The Doscinco is a hard pass for me. I might look closer at the Hype 2.

I have the Hype 2, Iā€™m curious how the Doscinco will compare to my ears. I mean, Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll enjoy the bass :sunglasses:

1 Like

The Doscinco appears to be a refined version of the Dunu DN-480. I have the DN-480. I am not the biggest fan of super basshead sets like the 480.

Here ya go, full Doscinco review :sunglasses:

13 Likes

7 Likes

As someone who mostly listens to hip-hop, R&B and rock, this seems right up my alley. But Iā€™ve already placed an order for the TSMR-X so hopefully thatā€™s a good fit for me.

Typical really, it feels like something new releases every week at the moment. If the Ziigaat was released a couple of weeks ago then Iā€™d have gone for that over the TSMR, and saved myself some money.

Iā€™ve read a lot of good things about the TSMR, and the bass switches should give me that extra bass if I want it. But this sounds great and also cheaper.

5 Likes

@VIVIDICI_111 also updated his ranking list. The Doscinco is the second-highest ranked A-grade and above the Tea 2, Hype 2, Pula PA02, EA1000, Origin, Performer 8, etc.

@VIVIDICI_111 did you test out different tips on them? I feel like these might do really well with wide-bored tips to open up the treble and midrange more at the trade-off of some bass (which it sounds like it has enough of regardless). The Divinus Velvet, Spinfit W1, etc. might be interesting to try.

3 Likes

Please note that Iā€™m a basshead, so for those who like a cleaner sound these would rank lower than the ones you mentioned :+1:

Tip wise itā€™s whatever gets you the best seal/comfort, I tend to use H570, Divinus, or Sancai

9 Likes

Iā€™m in the same boat as you, except I do think itā€™s very possible Iā€™ll end up buying the Doscinco after my TSMR-X arrives. TSMR-X for details, Doscinco for massive bass, Quattro for luscious midsā€¦ and with those, I plan on excommunicating myself from the temptations of the audiophile community foreverā€¦

ā€¦Well, at least until 11.11.

Honestly though, Iā€™m very much looking forward to the TSMR-X arriving. The bass is meant to be huge with the bass switch up, and effective tuning switches are a massive bonus. Fingers crossed itā€™s so good we wonā€™t want the Doscinco anyway!

But in the meantime, because I just canā€™t help myself, any comparisons of the Doscinco to the Canon II (which I currently own but would sell), the TSMR-X or the ISN Neo 5 (comparing bassy sets), Iā€™d love to hear them. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Some R-rated macro shots. The shell is very dark getting the innards was finicky with two led lamps and the cam in hand

Tubing

The isobaric marvel

BAs + tubes

Look at this Megatube --looks like one.

16 Likes

H570 and Sancai tend to reduce bass

1 Like

The question is better than Quintet
Quintet>Hype 2.

And, IS better than Variations?
Variations=Monarch MK2>Quintet

2 Likes

I gotta find a set that combines all the stuff you described into one, right now Iā€™m rocking Vari for Details and UP for ā€œbassā€ it slams well but I want more nice slams

3 Likes

Just thought Iā€™d bump this thread to say another Youtuber (HBB) has got their hands on the Doscinco and Cin(o)cotres: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j23sdn9XK8 (sorry, I have a tiny brain and donā€™t know how to embed). Everyone is probably already talking about it in his dedicated thread, but that one moves too fast for me (again, tiny brain)

He doesnā€™t say too much as reviews are to follow next week, but the take-home is that he prefers the Cin(o)cotres. However, I canā€™t remember where I read it (I wonder why) but Iā€™m pretty sure someone somewhere on the internet said they are virtually indistinguishable from each other if you EQ one to the other? Love to know where or if I did indeed hear that, but if true, you probably donā€™t need to stress too much about the purchase if youā€™re happy to EQ.

I think the other important piece of info from the vid is that it seems another person thinks theyā€™re great! Probably now a question of when rather than if Iā€™ll buy. Iā€™m hoping the TSMR-X will tide me over at least until AE have another seasonal sale with promo codes - does anyone know when that might be?

2 Likes

EQ could honestly probably get you close enough, but you may not have to go that far; I honestly think that theyā€™re similar enough that theyā€™re redundant to both own at the same time and tip-rolling to dial them in can get you like 90% of the way there. I wouldnā€™t stress over ā€œgetting the wrong oneā€, they are both great and you can just aim for whichever sounds more up your alley and take it from there. Same everything except for the tuning, faceplates and scripting on the inside of the shell.

5 Likes

Just got my Doscincos, listening to the first track and itā€™s like a rave pounding in my head. More impressions to come, but I had to use some XL DUNU S&S eartips as none of the ones that came with the Ziigaats gave my giant ear holes a proper seal. Also installed the cable the wrong way, TWICE, like some noob, I was so excited. Caught me by surprise as they arrived in less than a week. Anyway, back to the music, these hit hard!

10 Likes

Thanks for sharing this! When you post more impressions, itā€™d be great to know how you think they perform for vocal tracks for those rare occasions when you donā€™t want a rave inside your skull. :slight_smile: I assume very well so long as you donā€™t mind a bit of thickness to vocals (which I donā€™t), but would love to know your thoughts!

2 Likes

Will most definitely do :grin::+1:

I just placed an order on Amazon for some Spinfit W1s in Large as I use those on my IKKO OH10S and I like them. Iā€™ll see how they stack up vs the DUNUs.

3 Likes

Any updates on how people are feeling about these?

3 Likes