🔷 ZMF Eikon

It has ARRIVED

!

16 Likes

Mine also arrived! What wood is yours? Looks awesome.

Had to go inside the V280 to change some internal jumpers to get rid of some nasty hum. Luckily that fixed it.

11 Likes

padauk wood

2 Likes

Congrats to the both of you.

2 Likes

Kanto H2 headphone stand came in from Drop.

10 Likes

14 Likes

Well God Damn! You finally did it! I’m smiling ear to ear!

1 Like

Awesome looking Eikons :+1:t3: :sunglasses: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

How are the lamb perf pads on these compared to the stock and suede pads?

https://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmfpads

Here’s their handy dandy guide on pads.

1 Like

I don’t recommend perf pads on ZMF closed backs.

Pads that work well with the Eikon are stock lambskin eikon pads and auteur lambskin pads from my experience

3 Likes

I can say the suede’s out of the box in hindsight would not be my first choice, I’ll refrain from comment as there is substantial change in sound signature over the first day so far.

2 Likes

I briefly tried the suede when i first got them, much better comfort, but the stock pads do sound better, they just get hot after awhile, but nothing crazy.

If you want Suede go with the hybrid pads, they sound much the same as the lambskins, but you get suede on your face.
On Eikon’s, my preference is the stock lambskin.

2 Likes

TWINING

Love the paduak and welcome to the paduak eikon club <3

7 Likes

Just made a new cable for my Ziricote Ltd

14 Likes

…waiting for impressions.

2 Likes

So how is the Eikon for Gaming? Im interested in a second Headphone that i want to keep. I use the Sennheiser HD800s but i also have the Hifiman Arya and i have not one closed Back Headphone.
The closest thing i have to the Eikon is the Aeolus but i dont know how they compare

Hey @Lukas00, I would say the Eikons are really good for gaming. However, not a gaming first headphone, and not the most competitive set of cans as the soundstage and imaging are not amazingly precise enough (though they are great) for mlg levels of FPS sound-whoring.

Still, I use them all the time. However, I’d pick the focal clears for gaming 7 times out of 10.

1 Like

It’s damn good. Bifrost 2 → RNHP is the ideal signal chain I’ve tried so far out of my own equipment. This headphone his a WONDERFUL compliment to the LCD X. It resolves surprisingly well, bass is strong and pronounced without being boomy or being reminiscent of consumer cans. Comfort… just wow, it’s like a perfectly fitting glove for my head. Wood work is exquisite with the Ziricote.

So as far as these being a neutral headphone, they’re not but at the same time I don’t think any of the characteristics would do be limiting in any music I’ve listened to so far (jazz, blues, metal, EDM, and classical). Best way I can describe them is an Elegia that is MUCH more mild mannered and manages to make use of amps hooked up to it. While I love my LCD X, this headphone is right up there with detail retrieval with the LCD X and is the easier one to recommend for most people (my preference is the LCD X but these are staying).

One MAJOR word of caution. It took over week to truly get the sound signature of these headphones. The Klipsch HP-3 definitely set up my expectations with break in with biocellulose driver. Yeah… first 12 hours and the driver change is pretty drastic. Initial listening was kinda peaky and shouty on both the highs and the bass, so much so I ordered the lambskin pads immediately since it was mildly unbearable (if you have read my preferences, for me to complain about treble is unique). About 40 hours in of use… these headphones really started to level out and resolve in a way I just want to call natural +. Everything is just natural with a tiny bump in treble and bass which for someone that listens to low volumes is PERFECT.

So between the Elegia’s, these, and the HP-3… why Eikons? Very easy to answer here:

• Don’t have a decent amp or DAC and just want high performing headphones more source gear agnostic? Elegia’s
  • Have ok source gear and just want something that sounds good on the cheap with basic source gear? Want something for the office to show off but still enjoyable with any USB or bluetooth amp/dac? HP-3
  • Want a proper headphones in the sub $2k to go with similarly priced gear to help extract the best out of your equipment and want to play with tubes in the future? Are you a filthy casual with gaming? Want a headphone that is fun, natural, and never fatiguing? Eikon
5 Likes