šŸ”· ZMF Eikon

Iā€™m on week 12 and still havenā€™t gotten mine yetā€¦

Definitely your order got caught in the covid lock down.

Took a little over 9 weeks, but they finally shipped!

6 Likes

I moved up six slots this week at the six week mark, hoping two more weeks does it since Iā€™ve been at assembly two week already.

Feeling for @DagoRed with his custom fancypants mic cabling still at the top of the charts.

1 Like

Shhā€¦ there is a thought that every time someone says something theyā€™re delayed another week. Trust me, Iā€™m excited for whatā€™s coming my way VERY intently and Iā€™ll be listening to the Eikons with the GS X mini.

2 Likes

Iā€™m rooting for you!

1 Like

It has ARRIVED

!

16 Likes

Mine also arrived! What wood is yours? Looks awesome.

Had to go inside the V280 to change some internal jumpers to get rid of some nasty hum. Luckily that fixed it.

11 Likes

padauk wood

2 Likes

Congrats to the both of you.

2 Likes

Kanto H2 headphone stand came in from Drop.

10 Likes

14 Likes

Well God Damn! You finally did it! Iā€™m smiling ear to ear!

1 Like

Awesome looking Eikons :+1:t3: :sunglasses: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

How are the lamb perf pads on these compared to the stock and suede pads?

https://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmfpads

Hereā€™s their handy dandy guide on pads.

1 Like

I donā€™t recommend perf pads on ZMF closed backs.

Pads that work well with the Eikon are stock lambskin eikon pads and auteur lambskin pads from my experience

3 Likes

I can say the suedeā€™s out of the box in hindsight would not be my first choice, Iā€™ll refrain from comment as there is substantial change in sound signature over the first day so far.

2 Likes

I briefly tried the suede when i first got them, much better comfort, but the stock pads do sound better, they just get hot after awhile, but nothing crazy.

If you want Suede go with the hybrid pads, they sound much the same as the lambskins, but you get suede on your face.
On Eikonā€™s, my preference is the stock lambskin.

2 Likes